Spurs sign Luka Modric

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest sicko2ndbest

i would feel far more confident in Keegan selling the club than Wise and Jimenez. I am absolutely gutted/angry about this

Guest mrainey

Just woke up to see the news :(

I feel sorry for how it turned out, can't help but think he'd make a bigger impact here.

I believe it's those few millions that made the difference, when Mamic handles deals it's just the cash that matters, players don't get to say much.

Ironically, he'll go to a club who's supporters ridiculed one of his best mates Eduardo when he suffered that horrific injury.

Guest mrainey

If we stick with 4-3-3- formation i dont think he would have fit in as we dont play with wingers.

He's not a winger. He can play as one but he's a natural playmaker.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I feel sorry for how it turned out, can't help but think he'd make a bigger impact here.

I believe it's those few millions that made the difference, when Mamic handles deals it's just the cash that matters, players don't get to say much.

Ironically, he'll go to a club who's supporters ridiculed one of his best mates Eduardo when he suffered that horrific injury.

Absolutely gutted, more so that Spurs got in ahead of us!

No offence Mrainey but i feel Modric screwed us big time. NUFC would definately have upped to the asking price to what Mamic wanted, he had already made his choice!

I don't know enough about the player to say I'm gutted but I'm defo disappointed. What I don't want to see though is planks saying they're angry etc that the deal didn't happen. That's what the press are dying to see ffs; unrest at our club. Fuck them, it's not even the end of the season yet! Let's see who we have when the window closes, then make a judgement. :thup:

Guest mrainey

No offence Mrainey but i feel Modric screwed us big time. NUFC would definately have upped to the asking price to what Mamic wanted, he had already made his choice!

None taken of course, dunno the bloke personally so I can't argue with that. Still doesn't leave me any less disappointed though. F...... hell.

Guest sicko2ndbest

None taken of course, dunno the bloke personally so I can't argue with that. Still doesn't leave me any less disappointed though. F...... hell.

who is more popular in croatia us or them?

Guest marky555

Massive kick in the teeth this like. So gutted about it, not just coz we're missing out on a quality player but  sums up the clubs position at the minute.

Guest mrainey

who is more popular in croatia us or them?

I'd say Newcastle, cause there are a lot of Arsenal fans here so I imagine a smaller number of Spurs fans here because of that.

Though with Liverpool and Man Utd fans aplenty, I think it's fair to say only a handful of Croats cheer for a club outside the top 4.

that's a kick in the balls, but we have to realise that we are not in europe so bringing in targets like him is always going to be difficult.

this is the benefit of going for your targets early however, we have plenty of time to bring someone else in.

exciting signing for spuds that

Thing is Spurs are the kind of club we're competing against for signatures. Outside the top four and it's all about what you can offer over the others. Like it or not, Spurs have the manager of high current repute, the bright lights of London and UEFA Cup football next year. Plus the last few years we've been nowhere and they've been fifth or whatever.

We have to do quite a lot before we can beat them, seemingly we won't just throw money at them any more either.

We've been used again to draw out offers from other, preferable, clubs. We will struggle to buy real quality in the short term, unless we don't have "quality" clubs in for the same players.

NB where the fuck are Spuds getting all this money?