Spurs sign Luka Modric

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest redmayne

Would Redmayne get banned if he said the same thing about black people?

well ban me if you like - you live near them and not have a bad word to say....

i'm not racist they are just absolute scumbags and make my blood boil and dont go on the high horse you twat

when was the last time you never said anything stupid?

nob

Guest Phil K

Ah well.

They beat us to a possible great signing. (and I stress it's ONLY possible - he may end up as poor as Duff, Scotty Parker and Emre turned out to be)

Another catwalk-obsessive, clearly.

Well, can't understand why the price quoted to us was 20-30 mill yet Spuds get him for 16M....

By the way - the anti-semitic sh*te quoted by a poster above is ridiculous.

Pea-brained crap. "Hated in the middle-east" - by who ? Suicide bombers ? Islamic fanatics ? They his heroes like ?

Tit.

(And no I'm not - I'm W.A.S.P.)

Hopefull this was a target on Wises list and not Keegans. Would be even nicer if we were looking to pay big money on the younger ones. Which means that if theres a max to wises targets then thats fine but id be more concerned if we hit maximums on Keegans targets.

Guest ALNO1

Who finances Spurs?

They finance themselves, the money they spend they generate, they have a strict pay structure and they don't spend more then they generate. 3/4 New kits EVERY season generates a lot of money, add that to their sponsorship deals.

Guest redmayne

Ah well.

They beat us to a possible great signing. (and I stress it's ONLY possible - he may end up as poor as Duff, Scotty Parker and Emre turned out to be)

Another catwalk-obsessive, clearly.

Well, can't understand why the price quoted to us was 20-30 mill yet Spuds get him for 16M....

By the way - the anti-semitic sh*te quoted by a poster above is ridiculous.

Pea-brained crap. "Hated in the middle-east" - by who ? Suicide bombers ? Islamic fanatics ? They his heroes like ?

Tit.

(And no I'm not - I'm W.A.S.P.)

listen sunshine study the history of the middle east and the second world war and you might learn something

aye it was out of order but east london yiddos are scum and dont fucking start with the pea brain shite what do you do ?

work in a supermarket - aye im in a bad mood we lost modric

but dont tell me youve said nowt stupid in your life - cant believe arseholes like you get up on your high horse

no doubt a fucking do gooder - actually you probably work for the council you lazy cunt

i'm not racist they are just absolute scumbags and make my blood boil and dont go on the high horse you t***

nob

Calm down.

Guest redmayne

i'm not racist they are just absolute scumbags and make my blood boil and dont go on the high horse you t***

nob

Calm down.

thts probably not a bad idea - off to watch the game in 10 mins anyway

(surrounded by chelsea fans as always )

Hopefull this was a target on Wises list and not Keegans. Would be even nicer if we were looking to pay big money on the younger ones. Which means that if theres a max to wises targets then thats fine but id be more concerned if we hit maximums on Keegans targets.

Does it matter which list he was on? That seems a retarded point to home in on. They eventually joined the lists together anyway so it's 'our' list.

What the f*** happened!!

Logged off last night and he was all but signed, wake up this morning and find he's gone to those f****** c***s! Cannot believe it! Absolutely gutted, particularly since the gutter press will no doubt be creaming themselves and particularly since, as we all know, Modric is a decent player and is only likely to improve their b****** team. What's more, where do they get their money from?

:angry:

Still, as people have said, it's not in August and there are enough decent players still to bring in before the start of the season.

Very gutted with this news.

The Headline will be

KEEGAN 0 - 2 HOTSPUR

Guest redmayne

That's not very nice redmayne. No need tbh.

apologies for the abuse dave but he was a player i could see doing really well (mind you a small fucker lookming at sky sports)

but spurs are scum... i once went there to watch saints in the away end (like saints are a big team or trouble) and got the fuck kicked out of me for a team i dont support (mates idea) ive nevre forgiven those ....$^*&%^

Does it matter which list he was on? That seems a retarded point to home in on. They eventually joined the lists together anyway so it's 'our' list.

Exactly they are not going to go about this with their two seperate lists are they, with a fixed amount for Wises list and a fixed amount for Keegans.  :lol:

s****. No idea what happened here yet. Lure of the big smoke and European football i'd imagine.

Disappointed, but what can you do? We've just got to keep the faith that the rest of the targets are of a similar or higher standard.

Why f****** spurs tho? Anyone but them.

Immediate European competition and a  perceived higher profile manager were the two major factors from what I've been told, being in London was of very little relevance.  It's inevitable Spurs' and Newcastle's paths would cross like this, both clubs are of a similar stature, can afford players of that calibre, both seen as potentially good destinations.  As has been said, you win some, you lose some.  Spurs were wanting 4 high profile players (including Modric) and 3 are also on Newcastle's radar, perhaps all of them.  Only time will tell who will get the best deals.

Incidentally, the fee is €20m (just under £15.8m), it will be a 5 year contract with an option and he will become Spurs' 4th highest paid player and well within our salary structure.  Spurs have also got agreement for Jose-Paul Mpoku from Standard Liege.  Just a 16 year old Congolese born kid with a Belgian passport but had trials with Barca, Liverpool and Arsenal and declined a trial with Man Utd so hopefully will turn out to be decent.

"retarded point" - every cloud....  :rolleyes:

My 'retarded point' is that id rather have a wise target underpaid for (as seems the case) than a Keegan target underpaid for, if Keegan didnt think of them in the first place then irrespective of there suitablity for the team they arent the players he primarily wants.

So yes it doesn matter what list he's on, id rather the club looks at Keegans list and say, we need to hard try hard to get these because these are the player Keegan wants the omost, we need to go gung ho for there signature.

Seems to me that Wises target have a llmit, i wouldnt want there to be too much of a limit on Keegans list.

If Keegans list said Deco and Wises list said Modric, even though Modric might be the seemingly better option id rather go for Keegans option because he;s the one who has to fit him in the team.

What the f*** happened!!

Logged off last night and he was all but signed, wake up this morning and find he's gone to those f****** c***s! Cannot believe it! Absolutely gutted, particularly since the gutter press will no doubt be creaming themselves and particularly since, as we all know, Modric is a decent player and is only likely to improve their b****** team. What's more, where do they get their money from?

Still, as people have said, it's not in August and there are enough decent players still to bring in before the start of the season.

The Headline will be

KEEGAN 0 - 2 HOTSPUR

Not quite as important as 1-4 is it?

What people need to understand is that Ramos still has to work out whether he knows how to use a player like Modric in his side. He's far from convinced the spurs fans about himself.

KK won't be fussed about losing out to one player and hopefully it just strengthens our resolve in the market. Sure it's gutting to have lost out to a top player (especially to them wankers) but it's a lesson learned at a very early stage, which is important to us.

As a fan i can sit here in confidence that we are in for good players during this window and that their will be a backing from our hierarchy. On to our next target and hopefully us lot won't get so transfer dizzy the next time a story regarding a good player surfaces. 

Guest Jawesome

Thing is, if other targets are available later on in the summer (Diego) we won't have Spurs sniffing around him as much anymore.  Kinda suits me that we didn't go all out for this kid when we have 4 months to pick and choose our targets.

Guest redmayne

What the f*** happened!!

The Headline will be

KEEGAN 0 - 2 HOTSPUR

Not quite as important as 1-4 is it?

What people need to understand is that Ramos still has to work out whether he knows how to use a player like Modric in his side. He's far from convinced the spurs fans about himself.

KK won't be fussed about losing out to one player and hopefully it just strengthens our resolve in the market. Sure it's gutting to have lost out to a top player (especially to them wankers) but it's a lesson learned at a very early stage, which is important to us.

As a fan i can sit here in confidence that we are in for good players during this window and that their will be a backing from our hierarchy. On to our next target and hopefully us lot won't get so transfer dizzy the next time a story regarding a good player surfaces. 

ramos wasnt the sole architect of the last club the chairman has to take credit for the way he changed the structure

i reckon he's a charlatan anyway - but time will tell  - mind you i'd kill for a league cup (not literally)

Exactly they are not going to go about this with their two seperate lists are they, with a fixed amount for Wises list and a fixed amount for Keegans.  :lol:

What makes you so sure? From what i gather, Wises list is of younger future stars, id wouldnt of thought the club would be as desperate to sign Wises targets as they were for Keegans targets.

It seems to me that the club were only gonna pay a certain amount for a younger talent who is unprven and not a Keegan main target.

Cant see the same applying to a player explicitly named by Keegan because at the end of the day, Keegan is the one who has to make the team work.

Who finances Spurs?

They finance themselves, the money they spend they generate, they have a strict pay structure and they don't spend more then they generate. 3/4 New kits EVERY season generates a lot of money, add that to their sponsorship deals.

That's about it in a nutshell.  Although a publicly quoted company, it's share issue is mainly owned by ENIC, whose majority owner is Joe Lewis and lesserly by Daniel Levy.  Lewis has no interest in football in general or Spurs in particular, Levy is the Spurs fan.