Spurs sign Luka Modric

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest redmayne

Alot of people setting themselves up for a fall tbh.

:coolsmiley:

Not botherd about this at all. £15.8M for an unproven player who I've never seen play and when I gave him in a look in on youtube didn't exactly give me an erection either.

maybe some of these cutting lines will

Guest Wally_McFool

Thing is, if other targets are available later on in the summer (Diego) we won't have Spurs sniffing around him as much anymore.  Kinda suits me that we didn't go all out for this kid when we have 4 months to pick and choose our targets.

Forget about signing Diego, he is supposedly off to join some small club in Madrid, mate!

Guest MaetihS

Not botherd about this at all. £15.8M for an unproven player who I've never seen play and when I gave him in a look in on youtube didn't exactly give me an erection either.

Seen him play for his country almost all the Euro qualifiers. He can be or is already in the world class league. Really, this is a big miss no matter how u see it commercially (if we sell him surely can make a profit, he is that good) or on the pitch (he can be the real playmaker we are lacking).

Thing is, if other targets are available later on in the summer (Diego) we won't have Spurs sniffing around him as much anymore.  Kinda suits me that we didn't go all out for this kid when we have 4 months to pick and choose our targets.

There will always be another club providing competition for the signature of a player.

Seen him play for his country almost all the Euro qualifiers. He can be or is already in the world class league. Really, this is a big miss no matter how u see it commercially (if we sell him surely can make a profit, he is that good) or on the pitch (he can be the real playmaker we are lacking).

:cheesy:

Disappointing to miss out on him, but just got to get on with it. Keegan will have other targets in mind - not the first time he's missed out on a 'big' player. I can remember the George Weah fiasco and also the Robertto Baggio links!

Oh and the anti-semantic abuse - uncalled for and pathetic in the extreme.

Guest Antec

Agreed, handful of games against mostly shite opposition and he's world class, jesus fucking wept

Guest redmayne

Gutted!!

Have a feeling this will be the pattern from now on, "Toon to sign*******"  "oh no he's gone elsewhere"..

aye

Guest Phil K

s****. No idea what happened here yet. Lure of the big smoke and European football i'd imagine.

Disappointed, but what can you do? We've just got to keep the faith that the rest of the targets are of a similar or higher standard.

Why f****** spurs tho? Anyone but them.

Immediate European competition and a  perceived higher profile manager were the two major factors from what I've been told, being in London was of very little relevance.  It's inevitable Spurs' and Newcastle's paths would cross like this, both clubs are of a similar stature, can afford players of that calibre, both seen as potentially good destinations.  As has been said, you win some, you lose some.  Spurs were wanting 4 high profile players (including Modric) and 3 are also on Newcastle's radar, perhaps all of them.  Only time will tell who will get the best deals.

Incidentally, the fee is €20m (just under £15.8m), it will be a 5 year contract with an option and he will become Spurs' 4th highest paid player and well within our salary structure.  Spurs have also got agreement for Jose-Paul Mpoku from Standard Liege.  Just a 16 year old Congolese born kid with a Belgian passport but had trials with Barca, Liverpool and Arsenal and declined a trial with Man Utd so hopefully will turn out to be decent.

Yep, good steal.

A little disappointed, but we are paying the price for Shepherd's stupidity in managerial choices.

Agreed, handful of games against mostly s**** opposition and he's world class, jesus f****** wept

Can't understand this thread tbh. £15.8M?! Spurs can bloody have him for that.

Guest Phil K

listen sunshine study the history of the middle east and the second world war and you might learn something

aye it was out of order but east london yiddos are scum and dont f****** start with the pea brain s**** what do you do ?

work in a supermarket - aye im in a bad mood we lost modric

but dont tell me youve said nowt stupid in your life - cant believe arseholes like you get up on your high horse

no doubt a f****** do gooder - actually you probably work for the council you lazy c***

I clearly know more about it than you tithead.

Knowing more than zero doesn't take effing much.

(What makes me laugh is the council-worker thing - I detest the incompetent corrupt P.C. bastards with a venom, but sheer moronic sh*te like you posted is beyond the pale)

Arsharvin in the summer now?

Why you shaving your arse in the summer ?

Get sweaty there or something ?

Who finances Spurs?

They finance themselves, the money they spend they generate, they have a strict pay structure and they don't spend more then they generate. 3/4 New kits EVERY season generates a lot of money, add that to their sponsorship deals.

We make roughly double what Spurs do from merchandising. Anyway, merchandising and sponsorship are only a small proportion of a club's revenue, the majority comes from match-day revenue and TV money. Because they charge London prices they make a bit more from match-day revenue, but not much.

Guest redmayne

Would Redmayne get banned if he said the same thing about black people?

when was the last time you never said anything stupid?

genius

aye sorry about that but

lets face it

if your 7 foot tall and kick me in the nuts and jewish i'll call you a  *** cunt

if your 7 foot tall and kick me in the nuts and black i'll clal you a *** cunt

and if your female and klick me in the nuts i'll probably call you my wife

(again probably about to get banned for some humour)

Guest ALNO1

Who finances Spurs?

They finance themselves, the money they spend they generate, they have a strict pay structure and they don't spend more then they generate. 3/4 New kits EVERY season generates a lot of money, add that to their sponsorship deals.

We make roughly double what Spurs do from merchandising. Anyway, merchandising and sponsorship are only a small proportion of a club's revenue, the majority comes from match-day revenue and TV money. Because they charge London prices they make a bit more from match-day revenue, but not much.

Yes but we pay out over half our income on wages they don't.

genius

aye sorry about that but

lets face it

if your 7 foot tall and kick me in the nuts and jewish i'll call you a  *** c***

if your 7 foot tall and kick me in the nuts and black i'll clal you a *** c***

Hell no, we all love a good ballbusting from the missus when we miss out on a transfer target.

Guest Phil K

genius

aye sorry about that but

lets face it

if your 7 foot tall and kick me in the nuts and jewish i'll call you a  *** c***

if your 7 foot tall and kick me in the nuts and black i'll clal you a *** c***

You wouldn't know humour if it bit your arse.

And you do seem obsessed with being kicked in the balls....

A bit gutted about that but quietly proud at the same time. 1, we're going for highly rated world class players. 2, we're not being taken for mugs from a financial point of view. Aye, we've got stacks and stacks to spend - but if we spend it badly, we could be in big, big trouble. We've seen what's happened to Leeds. It'll happen to Chelsea in the end too.