Spurs sign Luka Modric

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

All I've heard is that Spurs have paid £15.8m (20m), I think the journo doesn't know his 's from his £'s!  Anyway, it'll be reported to the Stock Exchange tomorrow so we'll all know for certain.

Didn't Spurs report Jenas' fee to the stock exchange without mentioning add ons yet when Newcastle reported it at our end it said there were add ons for appearances and European football?

True, but when I queried that with my sister in law she replied to the effect that how Newcastle report to the Stock Exchange is up to them, the fee is £7m and nothing extra will be paid.  The details should have been identical but they weren't, I've no idea which was correct.  I've no reason to doubt my s-i-l but I can't think of any good reason why Fat Fred would say there are add-ons if there weren't.

i think i'll go with the stock exchange announcement over what your sister says, no offence.

There were 2 different reports to the LSE.  What Spurs reported to the LSE was that the consideration was £7m.  What Newcastle reported to the LSE was that the consideration was £7m plus add-ons dependent on criteria being met.  My s-i-l (who works at WHL) says there were no add-ons.  It's not whether you go with the LSE announcement but which LSE announcement.

All I've heard is that Spurs have paid £15.8m (20m), I think the journo doesn't know his 's from his £'s!  Anyway, it'll be reported to the Stock Exchange tomorrow so we'll all know for certain.

Didn't Spurs report Jenas' fee to the stock exchange without mentioning add ons yet when Newcastle reported it at our end it said there were add ons for appearances and European football?

True, but when I queried that with my sister in law she replied to the effect that how Newcastle report to the Stock Exchange is up to them, the fee is £7m and nothing extra will be paid.  The details should have been identical but they weren't, I've no idea which was correct.  I've no reason to doubt my s-i-l but I can't think of any good reason why Fat Fred would say there are add-ons if there weren't.

i think i'll go with the stock exchange announcement over what your sister says, no offence.

There were 2 different reports to the LSE.  What Spurs reported to the LSE was that the consideration was £7m.  What Newcastle reported to the LSE was that the consideration was £7m plus add-ons dependent on criteria being met.  My s-i-l (who works at WHL) says there were no add-ons.  It's not whether you go with the LSE announcement but which LSE announcement.

So both LSE reports are correct but your sister in law is wrong

Like I said before, I don't know, no reason to doubt my s-i-l, no reason why Fat Fred would say there were when they weren't.  FWIW, Modric had his medical this afternoon.

Like I said before, I don't know, no reason to doubt my s-i-l, no reason why Fat Fred would say there were when they weren't.  FWIW, Modric had his medical this afternoon.

sister in law :lol:

No.

Spurs LSE report: £7m no add-ons.

Our LSE report: £7m with add-ons.

He's saying it just depends on which report you choose to believe. And his sister just confirms that the Spurs report says £7m with no add-ons.

Can I request this thread get deleted or locked please? Makes me cry.

I agree, move the fuck on people, you can argue all day about nothing but its time to forget about this story/non-story.

Guest aoliversaknob

Well if the little barsteward has gone to Spurs he obviously has no taste what so ever so we will move on. Also had a really bad feeling we were going top have to sign him prior to Euros and end up with a broken legged croat out of 10 months and 15mill down. :frantic:

All I've heard is that Spurs have paid £15.8m (€20m), I think the journo doesn't know his €'s from his £'s!  Anyway, it'll be reported to the Stock Exchange tomorrow so we'll all know for certain.

No.

Spurs LSE report: £7m no add-ons.

Our LSE report: £7m with add-ons.

He's saying it just depends on which report you choose to believe. And his sister just confirms that the Spurs report says £7m with no add-ons.

that's not right.

Spurs LSE report: £7m

Ours: £7m plus add-ons.

the spurs announcement never disallowed for the presence of add-on fees.

so both stock exchange announcements could be right, only spurs decided not to mention the add-ons. what is reported to the LSE is usually truth (else you face the consequences), only spurs didn't tell the whole truth. it's like the announcement that said Owen had signed on a 4 year contract. it didn't mention any hidden clauses, but that doesn't mean there are no hidden clauses (and there were), just depends the depth to which they explain the contract. you'd want to present the truth in the way that reflects on your business best, so for spurs they won't mention that they have to pay more, and newcastle will include it. but totally making up add-on fees is imo a bit unlikely and if it was false i'm sure spurs would've made some complaint.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Luka Modric was present at White Hart Lane on Saturday following his agreement to join the Club from Dinamo Zagreb.

We caught up with the midfielder to get his thoughts on the prospect of playing for Spurs in the Premier League

What are your feelings on the move?

LM: I am very lucky and proud to be here in London at Tottenham. I am also happy that the coach Juande Ramos wanted me, it is the most important thing that the coach wants you as a player. I want to show that I have the quality for Tottenham and the English Premier League and help the club achieve big results.

Not a difficult decision then?

LM: It was not a difficult decision. Last night (Friday) the president of Dinamo Zagreb called me to tell me he had agreed a deal with Tottenham that was perfect for me. At first I was very surprised, then a few seconds later I was proud over the prospect of coming to England. It is right that many clubs in England were interested in taking me, but my favourite from the first meeting was Tottenham because I am a big fan of coach Ramos.

Guest kingdawson

Luka Modric was present at White Hart Lane on Saturday following his agreement to join the Club from Dinamo Zagreb.

We caught up with the midfielder to get his thoughts on the prospect of playing for Spurs in the Premier League

LM: I am very lucky and proud to be here in London at Tottenham. I am also happy that the coach Juande Ramos wanted me, it is the most important thing that the coach wants you as a player. I want to show that I have the quality for Tottenham and the English Premier League and help the club achieve big results.

LM: It was not a difficult decision. Last night (Friday) the president of Dinamo Zagreb called me to tell me he had agreed a deal with Tottenham that was perfect for me. At first I was very surprised, then a few seconds later I was proud over the prospect of coming to England. It is right that many clubs in England were interested in taking me, but my favourite from the first meeting was Tottenham because I am a big fan of coach Ramos.

sounds spot on.

sounds spot on.

In other words, he didnt have a choice.

And im betting theres a dent in one of the lockers at Dinamo FC, coinciding with those few seconds of "suprise".

http://blogs.notw.co.uk/sport/2008/04/keegan-modric-f.html

KEEGAN MODRIC FURY

By AIDAN MAGEE

FURIOUS Kevin Keegan wants an explanation after losing out on Croatian star Luka Modric.

Newcastle boss Keegan was convinced Modric was all set for Tyneside only to discover Spurs had sealed a £20million deal with Dinamo Zagreb.

After parading Modric at training this week, Keegan was raging yesterday at the Geordie's team hotel before the 2-2 draw at West Ham.

West Ham 2, Newcastle 2: Click here for full report and picture special

Tottenham 1, Bolton 1: Click here for full report and picture special

A Newcastle source said: "It was difficult to calm Kevin down, he was furious.

"It's a major embarrassment as Kevin felt getting Modric would have been the perfect message to Newcastle fans."

Striker Modric has been a target for top clubs including Chelsea and Arsenal after his form for Croatia in their Euro 2008 qualifying campaign.

http://blogs.notw.co.uk/sport/2008/04/keegan-modric-f.html

KEEGAN MODRIC FURY

By AIDAN MAGEE

FURIOUS Kevin Keegan wants an explanation after losing out on Croatian star Luka Modric.

Newcastle boss Keegan was convinced Modric was all set for Tyneside only to discover Spurs had sealed a £20million deal with Dinamo Zagreb.

After parading Modric at training this week, Keegan was raging yesterday at the Geordie's team hotel before the 2-2 draw at West Ham.

West Ham 2, Newcastle 2: Click here for full report and picture special

Tottenham 1, Bolton 1: Click here for full report and picture special

A Newcastle source said: "It was difficult to calm Kevin down, he was furious.

"It's a major embarrassment as Kevin felt getting Modric would have been the perfect message to Newcastle fans."

Striker Modric has been a target for top clubs including Chelsea and Arsenal after his form for Croatia in their Euro 2008 qualifying campaign.

After reading that I think I want him to get injured in Euro 08...

I love it when they write "A Newcastle Source". Pretty much gives them freedom to put anything in the " " then.

Exactly. Most people on here's annoyance comes from the NOTW's unnamed "Newcastle source" and the Sunday Sun's "Croatian source". I highly doubt either of these "sources" actually exist anywhere other than the journalists imagination.

i'm not too disappointed that we've missed out on him,  he's not the biggest of players and have my doubts he'll suited to the pace and toughness of the premier league and its a big gamble with such a big transfer fee, if he'd come here he'd be another Viana or that other croatian superstar Silvio Maric!!!  of course now i've said that he'll end up being brilliant for spurs!!

Given the choice i think i'd prefer Ashavin.

Only upset because it's them cunts, to be brutally honest about it. Didn't know much about him, so not too arsed otherwise.

At least we know there's going to be some money flying around.

Spurs paying £21m for him with add-ons in the end.

That is pricey tbf.

Aye, it would of been a gamble but no more than any other foreign player, not matter how big there reputation was.