Spurs sign Luka Modric

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest kingdawson

Our outgoings will probably look something like this:

Robbo    £5 mill

Cerny     Free

Stalteri   Free

Chimbonda £5 mill

Lee £1 mill

Gardner £1.5 mill

Rocha £1 mill

Kaboul  loan

Tainio  £2 mill

Boateng £3 mill

Ghaly £2 mill

Taarabt  loan

Berbatov £27 mill

Total =  £47.5 million

Not sure which mugs going to pay £5 million for Robinson, but the rest seems plausible.  Having said that, you'll then have sold/loaned out 13 players in one go, how many do you expect to come in?

Boro

On to the second part of your post, think we'll have 5 new players in the first team next season including Modric.......

--------------------------------------New goalkeeper------------------------------

Hutton---------------Woodgate------------------New Cb (King)----------Bale

-----------------------New dm---------------------Jenas---------------------------

Lennon-----------------------------------------------------------------------Modric

-----------------------New striker-------------------Keane-----------------------

Not to mention we'll need a back up goalkeeper, Midfield Squad player and 4th choice striker. JJ isnt even guaranteed his place so thats 8-9 new signings including Modric that i think we'll make.

Edit : Looks like Kaboul will be off permanantly after todays comments, so thats £6 mill added to the kitty...

Robbo    £5 mill

Cerny     Free

Stalteri   Free

Chimbonda £5 mill

Lee £1 mill

Gardner £1.5 mill

Rocha £1 mill

Kaboul  loan

Tainio  £2 mill

Boateng £3 mill

Ghaly £2 mill

Taarabt  loan

Berbatov £27 mill

Total =  £47.5 million

Not sure which mugs going to pay £5 million for Robinson, but the rest seems plausible.  Having said that, you'll then have sold/loaned out 13 players in one go, how many do you expect to come in?

Boro

On to the second part of your post, think we'll have 5 new players in the first team next season including Modric.......

--------------------------------------New goalkeeper------------------------------

-----------------------New dm---------------------Jenas---------------------------

Lennon-----------------------------------------------------------------------Modric

-----------------------New striker-------------------Keane-----------------------

Not to mention we'll need a back up goalkeeper, Midfield Squad player and 4th choice striker. JJ isnt even guaranteed his place so thats 8-9 new signings including Modric that i think we'll make.

Good team except Jenas

Robbo    £5 mill

Cerny    Free

Stalteri  Free

Chimbonda £5 mill

Lee £1 mill

Gardner £1.5 mill

Rocha £1 mill

Kaboul  loan

Tainio  £2 mill

Boateng £3 mill

Ghaly £2 mill

Taarabt  loan

Berbatov £27 mill

Total =  £47.5 million

Boro

Edit : Looks like Kaboul will be off permanantly after todays comments, so thats £6 mill added to the kitty...

I don't see Modric as a winger tbh.

Robbo    £5 mill

Cerny     Free

Stalteri   Free

Chimbonda £5 mill

Lee £1 mill

Gardner £1.5 mill

Rocha £1 mill

Kaboul  loan

Tainio  £2 mill

Boateng £3 mill

Ghaly £2 mill

Taarabt  loan

Berbatov £27 mill

Total =  £47.5 million

Boro

I don't see Modric as a winger tbh.

Nor do I, limiting his creativity by shoving him out wide left.  I think the preferred first choice team may look something more like:

--------------------------------------New goalkeeper (Kameni?)------------------------------

Hutton---------------Woodgate------------------New Cb (Jarque?)/ King----------Bale

----------------------------New solid dm (Makoun/Poulsen?)----------------------------------

Lennon-----------------------------------------------------------------------Diego Capel?

-------------------Modric--------------------------

-----------------------New striker(Villa/Fabiano?)-------------------Keane-----------------------

The ITK's seem to be agreed that there will be 4 more quality names coming in, KD's guess that there may be 8 or 9 signings I think is a bit optimistic tbh.  BTW, I know Balague has said on SSN that Villa will never sign for Spurs, he also said that Ramos would never make the move to WHL either.

What I've been told is that Villa's agent gave some encouragement, not an outright yes but not an outright no either.

Nor do I, limiting his creativity by shoving him out wide left.  I think the preferred first choice team may look something more like:

--------------------------------------New goalkeeper (Kameni?)------------------------------

Hutton---------------Woodgate------------------New Cb (Jarque?)/ King----------Bale

----------------------------New solid dm (Makoun/Poulsen?)----------------------------------

Lennon-----------------------------------------------------------------------Diego Capel?

-----------------------New striker(Villa/Fabiano?)-------------------Keane-----------------------

The ITK's seem to be agreed that there will be 4 more quality names coming in, KD's guess that there may be 8 or 9 signings I think is a bit optimistic tbh.  BTW, I know Balague has said on SSN that Villa will never sign for Spurs, he also said that Ramos would never make the move to WHL either.

What I've been told is that Villa's agent gave some encouragement, not an outright yes but not an outright no either.

:lol: If you say so.

This thread has swiftly become a spurs gloat(if you're kd or mj)/slag-fest. It seriously needs to be locked.

3-1

1-4

More than that, we've won the last 5 in a row scoring 16 goals.

Impressive. :clap:

And Obafemi Martins will still make them look fucking stupid again.

Guest kingdawson

MJ i doubt very much Modric will be used in the middle tbh. Seems a little lightweight and he's been playing wide left for Dinamo for the past 2/3 seasons now.

5 first teamers (including Modric) and 3 squad players isnt unrealistic imo, especially asa we're gonna be getting rid of a whole lot of deadwood.

Guest kingdawson

KD, I think you're a good poster but discussing Spurs' tactics and signings on a Newcastle forum is just asking for trouble.

Actually you're right but i was asked about it first off. I shouldnt have gone on about it though.

Wont do it no more O0

Guest sicko2ndbest

Mort committed to spending spree teamtalkNewcastle chairman Chris Mort has promised Kevin Keegan will be given the chance to build a squad which can compete to sign the biggest names.

Mort and owner Mike Ashley have already sanctioned the manager's summer recruitment plans, although they suffered early frustration when Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Luka Modric turned down a more lucrative deal to join Tottenham instead.

Writing in his programme notes for Monday's Premier League clash with Chelsea, Mort said: "Over the summer, we will look to strengthen the squad further.

"In addition to making any immediate fixes that may be required, as with everything else we have done since Mike acquired the club, we will want to acquire players that can help make Newcastle United a top team for the medium and long-term, not just for the next season or two.

"That is why we put a substantial offer in for Luka Modric, who is aged 22.

"It is frustrating that Modric, like (Jonathan) Woodgate before him, should take less money than we offered to move to the bright lights of London, and European football with Tottenham next season, but these are the sorts of difficulties that should get easier to address once we build a squad that competes at the right end of the table."

Mort committed to spending spree teamtalkNewcastle chairman Chris Mort has promised Kevin Keegan will be given the chance to build a squad which can compete to sign the biggest names.

Mort and owner Mike Ashley have already sanctioned the manager's summer recruitment plans, although they suffered early frustration when Dinamo Zagreb midfielder Luka Modric turned down a more lucrative deal to join Tottenham instead.

Writing in his programme notes for Monday's Premier League clash with Chelsea, Mort said: "Over the summer, we will look to strengthen the squad further.

"In addition to making any immediate fixes that may be required, as with everything else we have done since Mike acquired the club, we will want to acquire players that can help make Newcastle United a top team for the medium and long-term, not just for the next season or two.

"It is frustrating that Modric, like (Jonathan) Woodgate before him, should take less money than we offered to move to the bright lights of London, and European football with Tottenham next season, but these are the sorts of difficulties that should get easier to address once we build a squad that competes at the right end of the table."

Anyone know if that's actually what he wrote?

Not quite sure if that's quite the kind of thing I'd want to be advertising, true or not.

Anyone know if that's actually what he wrote?

Not quite sure if that's quite the kind of thing I'd want to be advertising, true or not.

Why? Whats your views on that bit?

Personally id rather that people know we were offering the cash and werent being penny pinchers and that we were doing as much as we could to sign the players. Id rather he said that then either not mention it or leave it open to speculation for the fans the scrutinize in a way they no doubt would of.