Spurs sign Luka Modric

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest redmayne

Would Redmayne get banned if he said the same thing about black people?

when was the last time you never said anything stupid?

genius

aye sorry about that but

lets face it

if your 7 foot tall and kick me in the nuts and jewish i'll call you a   *** c***

if your 7 foot tall and kick me in the nuts and black i'll clal you a *** c***

and if your female and klick me in the nuts i'll probably call you my wife

(again probably about to get banned for some humour)

You wouldn't know humour if it bit your arse.

And you do seem obsessed with being kicked in the balls....

ooooooohohhhh love it

more please

Guest redmayne

Can we do a Spurs and say he only went because they offered him more wages?

And does this mean N'Zogbia is staying?

i'm not sure what all the fuss about nzogbia is - just shows how dire we are creatively

Well done Tottenham! Fair play like.

It didn't quite work out for us but at least we are in for the right type of player and we are in very early. The window hasn't even opened yet. If this was August 31st and this had happened then I would be livid.

I'm certain we will get in some very good players and I'm personally looking forward to the challenge of competing with the likes of Tottenham next season.

Certainly no tthe end of the world and I can't help bu tbe optimistic regardless.

Who finances Spurs?

They finance themselves, the money they spend they generate, they have a strict pay structure and they don't spend more then they generate. 3/4 New kits EVERY season generates a lot of money, add that to their sponsorship deals.

We make roughly double what Spurs do from merchandising. Anyway, merchandising and sponsorship are only a small proportion of a club's revenue, the majority comes from match-day revenue and TV money. Because they charge London prices they make a bit more from match-day revenue, but not much.

Yes but we pay out over half our income on wages they don't.

They don't, yet. That'll change if they carry on as they are.

Guest sicko2ndbest

United rocked by Modric blow

Apr 26 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE have lost out in their bid to sign Croatia superstar Luka Modric.

The highly-rated midfielder has snubbed United to sign for Tottenham today in a deal believed to be worth £15.8m (20m).

Spurs have agreed personal terms with the 22-year-old, who was courted by many of Europe’s top sides, and he will leave Dinamo Zagreb for White Hart Lane this summer subject to his passing a medical.

The Croatian was on Tyneside on Tuesday for talks, although it now appears United were not the only English side he was in discussions with.

The news will come as a huge blow to boss Kevin Keegan, who only yesterday confirmed his interest in Modric.

He said last night: “If you had a list of the midfield players around Europe who Newcastle could possibly attract, Luka Modric would be one of them.

“I think he would be pretty much on everyone else’s list as well because he is a fantastic prospect.

“If you look at the midfield players who have a fantastic future, he would be one of them. But every other club in the league, from Arsenal and Manchester United, would like Modric.”

This is the second time Tottenham have swooped to sign one of United’s targets from under their noses, after clinching a deal for Jonathon Woodgate during the January transfer window.

And while United may have feared Zagreb were keen to make any possible deal public to force the hands of Europe’s top clubs, the fact he has signed for Tottenham will be particularly hard to swallow.

Modric must also obtain a work permit but that will be a formality given his status as one of the continent’s most coveted talents.

After making his name in the Bosnian league as a teenager, Modric moved to Croatian club Inter Zapresic before joining Dinamo in 2005.

He made his debut for Croatia a year later and has gone on to win more than 20 caps for Slaven Bilic’s side – including the home and away victories over England that cost the Three Lions their place at Euro 2008.

His silky, two-footed, passing caught the eye in both of the England clashes and reports linked him with possible transfers to the likes of Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal and, most recently, Newcastle.

The signing of Modric is a major coup for Spurs manager Juande Ramos and the Tottenham hierarchy, who needed to make a statement of intent after a hugely frustrating season for the north London club.

The highly-rated midfielder has snubbed United to sign for Tottenham today in a deal believed to be worth £15.8m (20m).

Spurs have agreed personal terms with the 22-year-old, who was courted by many of Europes top sides, and he will leave Dinamo Zagreb for White Hart Lane this summer subject to his passing a medical.

The Croatian was on Tyneside on Tuesday for talks, although it now appears United were not the only English side he was in discussions with.

The news will come as a huge blow to boss Kevin Keegan, who only yesterday confirmed his interest in Modric.

He said last night: If you had a list of the midfield players around Europe who Newcastle could possibly attract, Luka Modric would be one of them.

I think he would be pretty much on everyone elses list as well because he is a fantastic prospect.

If you look at the midfield players who have a fantastic future, he would be one of them. But every other club in the league, from Arsenal and Manchester United, would like Modric.

This is the second time Tottenham have swooped to sign one of Uniteds targets from under their noses, after clinching a deal for Jonathon Woodgate during the January transfer window.

And while United may have feared Zagreb were keen to make any possible deal public to force the hands of Europes top clubs, the fact he has signed for Tottenham will be particularly hard to swallow.

Modric must also obtain a work permit but that will be a formality given his status as one of the continents most coveted talents.

After making his name in the Bosnian league as a teenager, Modric moved to Croatian club Inter Zapresic before joining Dinamo in 2005.

He made his debut for Croatia a year later and has gone on to win more than 20 caps for Slaven Bilics side including the home and away victories over England that cost the Three Lions their place at Euro 2008.

His silky, two-footed, passing caught the eye in both of the England clashes and reports linked him with possible transfers to the likes of Manchester City, Chelsea, Arsenal and, most recently, Newcastle.

The signing of Modric is a major coup for Spurs manager Juande Ramos and the Tottenham hierarchy, who needed to make a statement of intent after a hugely frustrating season for the north London club.

Spoiled fucking cunts.

Spurs have agreed personal terms with the 22-year-old, who was courted by many of Europe’s top sides, and he will leave Dinamo Zagreb for White Hart Lane this summer subject to his passing a medical.

He said last night: “If you had a list of the midfield players around Europe who Newcastle could possibly attract, Luka Modric would be one of them.

“I think he would be pretty much on everyone else’s list as well because he is a fantastic prospect.

“If you look at the midfield players who have a fantastic future, he would be one of them. But every other club in the league, from Arsenal and Manchester United, would like Modric.”

This is the second time Tottenham have swooped to sign one of United’s targets from under their noses, after clinching a deal for Jonathon Woodgate during the January transfer window.

And while United may have feared Zagreb were keen to make any possible deal public to force the hands of Europe’s top clubs, the fact he has signed for Tottenham will be particularly hard to swallow.

Modric must also obtain a work permit but that will be a formality given his status as one of the continent’s most coveted talents.

He made his debut for Croatia a year later and has gone on to win more than 20 caps for Slaven Bilic’s side – including the home and away victories over England that cost the Three Lions their place at Euro 2008.

Spoiled f****** c***s.

you beat me to it!

do feel its time to lock thread so we can get over it.

Ah come on. I'm disappointed but 'get over it'? I was never under it and i don't think many of us were. Saying that is just embarrassing. It's disappointing but 90% of people here hasn't seen the guy play. We'll move on and get someone just as good; i'm confident of that, purely down to the fact that we were after someone like him in the first place.

Keegan won't have had one target for each position. 

absolutely gutted. don't think there's a better player we could've bought so we should've gone all out to get him. if we've had the dinamo people at our training ground and failed to meet their fee of £15.8m, which is very reasonable considering the talent, then i'm a bit disappointed in the board. obviously it shows they are prepared to pay biggish fees in excess of £10m but quality costs and rather than haggle over one or two million here and there, it is better to just get the good players signed. maybe you can have the satisfaction of not paying a couple million over the odds but i'd rather have the satisfaction of a top class player in the squad.

as for MJ's crap about euro football, better manager etc, i think i'd rather trust mrainey who actually lives over there and says it is purely about money.

still, i think we'll end up getting a good player as Keegan has an eye for talent, but skeptical about our 2nd choice being as good Modric appears to be.

absolutely gutted. don't think there's a better player we could've bought so we should've gone all out to get him. if we've had the dinamo people at our training ground and failed to meet their fee of £15.8m, which is very reasonable considering the talent, then i'm a bit disappointed in the board. obviously it shows they are prepared to pay biggish fees in excess of £10m but quality costs and rather than haggle over one or two million here and there, it is better to just get the good players signed. maybe you can have the satisfaction of not paying a couple million over the odds but i'd rather have the satisfaction of a top class player in the squad.

as for MJ's crap about euro football, better manager etc, i think i'd rather trust mrainey who actually lives over there and says it is purely about money.

still, i think we'll end up getting a good player as Keegan has an eye for talent, but skeptical about our 2nd choice being as good Modric appears to be.

We can't really be sure what really happenned in the 11th hour, but like you I feel we should have perhaps gone the extra mile for this player. I would add that although we have lost this one, the key indicator is that we are going for players of this calibre and that can only be read as a positive thing.