Joey Barton is a very naughty boy. Discuss.

Fugazi

Does anyone know how we legally stand in regards to sacking him?

Theres a similar ongoing case in the Finnish hockey league, where one of the most well-known players was arrested for his suspected involvement in a drugs ring, and so his club sacked him and the league have suspended him from playing. As he has also had his passport confiscated, playing abroad isnt an option.

Would like to think we can easily sack Barton for this, without any pay-off.

It would be worth £5m loss to sack him and hold his registration for 4-5 years and ruin his career. I'm sure if we asked nicely a few other clubs would chip in to settle some of the bill for us.

How can we sack him, i.e. cancel his contract, and hold his registration for 4-5 years exactly?

Chelsea did that to Mutu, and were fully supported by the FA and FIFA. Juventus had to fork out a transfer fee.

Guest Darth Toon

Hes had his charges upd to common assault with ABH 

Isn't looking good is it - must have very strong evidence, and this could be the difference between months and years inside.

He's a footballer ffs..ok i'm really not used to seeing a player being unavalible due to being

Front page of the Sun tomorrow has a story on Barton crying in jail :lol:

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/2650/frontpagethursda413332aqn8.jpg

One boob bigger than the other from the looks of it..

Chaos in Kenya? Pakistan? The finacial crisis? No a story about Joey f****** Barton.

if the Sun is your paper of choice, thats the story you want to hear tbh

I love their half-hearted attempt to put a story about Bhutto on the front. We have Sun papers here in Canada that are similar, though seemingly not that bad.

Too bad about Barton, though, in all seriousness. It's hard to feel too sorry for someone who has everything going for him and throws it all away, but I don't wish the worst for him.

I see they're diplomatic about it on the fantasy game.  They've given him a red 'I' next to his name but in place of the usual "Thigh injury - expected back Jan" or whatever it just says

Next opponent Man. United (A)

Latest News Unavailable

Theres a similar ongoing case in the Finnish hockey league, where one of the most well-known players was arrested for his suspected involvement in a drugs ring, and so his club sacked him and the league have suspended him from playing. As he has also had his passport confiscated, playing abroad isnt an option.

It would be worth £5m loss to sack him and hold his registration for 4-5 years and ruin his career. I'm sure if we asked nicely a few other clubs would chip in to settle some of the bill for us.

How can we sack him, i.e. cancel his contract, and hold his registration for 4-5 years exactly?

Chelsea did that to Mutu, and were fully supported by the FA and FIFA. Juventus had to fork out a transfer fee.

For 4-5 years? And he tested positive for a banned substance, i.e. cocaine.

The argument started in McDonald's apparently, so his recovery from his ankle injury obviously involved a 6am bender, a fight, a week in the cells, a quarter pounder with cheese and a Crunchie McFlurry - a regime any top athlete would be proud of.

Will this really be the final wake up call to Joey Barton? Crying in jail? - surely he will change after all this... well at least you'd think so.

Have no sympathy for him.  He's been shite for us, unlucky with injury, but ruined it will stupidity.

Shame we didn't go for Reo-Coker instead.  Looks like Villa made the right move.

Guest teepee

i don't really rate reo coker - but never wanted barton either.... too much of a liability

if there weren't any good deals out there we should have kept parker imo, better than reo coker and isn't going to spend half his contract period in jail

Chelsea sued Mutu for breach of contract - even though it was Chelsea FC v Mutu, Juventus had to pay the fee. It's a little bit different to this situation - Newcastle could sack Barton for breach of contract, but he's not technically banned from playing football (although being in jail kinda makes it difficult for him).

I can't see another top-flight club taking a risk on Barton if we sack him, so it's a moot point.

Chelsea sued Mutu for breach of contract - even though it was Chelsea FC v Mutu, Juventus had to pay the fee. It's a little bit different to this situation - Newcastle could sack Barton for breach of contract, but he's not technically banned from playing football (although being in jail kinda makes it difficult for him).

I can't see another top-flight club taking a risk on Barton if we sack him, so it's a moot point.

I know what you mean but someone will take the risk with him because he's a good player, despite his current form and the baggage that goes with him.

Unfortunately, guilty or not, we might as well hang onto him

Guest sicko2ndbest

sounds like hes got to spend 24/7 with a chaparone, at the sporting chance clinic

Dont think he will be allowed to play as playing is a public spectacle