Joey Barton is a very naughty boy. Discuss.

Fugazi

Guest diddimz

Life banning from the game, as well as all his family,and have him imprisoned for 10 years, deduct 50 points from us for not terminating his contract and so not standing against crime (which if you ask me makes Mike unfit to run a club if he is willing to allow convicted criminals to tarnish the good name of the premier league, Ashley should therefore have the club removed from his possession.)  any less would be a disgrace really.

Is there actually a precedence for a player being banned due to a training ground incident against a teammate rather than for something which happens during (or immediately before/after) a game?

A 15 match ban is a disgrace really but I bet the FA do it..

aye, they'll want to see as 'sending a message' to the pulic that they really are taking it seriously.

as someone mentioned previously, if this had been one of the top 4 teams then bugger all would have been done aside from an apology from the FA to the respective manager saying sorry to have bothered them.

Its a training ground incident, his club dealt with it and didn't play him towards the end of the season. This is fucking stupid and should have absolutely nothing to do with the FA.

Are the FA going to start sending refs to the training grounds and booking/banning players for dangerous tackles? Stupid pricks!

Is there actually a precedence for a player being banned due to a training ground incident against a teammate rather than for something which happens during (or immediately before/after) a game?

It says somewhere on the forum that Hartson got 3 matches for his attack on Berkovic.

how long did hartson get for his assault on berkovic? think he will get 3-6 games

Hartson was given a three-match ban by the FA and fined £20,000.  I can't see how they could justify giving Barton more than that when both cases were similar, in the case of Barton he's also been punished in court, I don't think that ever happened to Hartson.

You'd hope that precedent was used. We'll see.

Email the club - if Ashley is as clueless as the Mail would have us believe he'll really appreciate it, and he'll sling you some Big Mike love :lol:

Great news.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1045174/Bad-boy-Barton-trouble-teammates-sues-nightclub-assault-years-ago.html

Shamed footballer Joey Barton is to be sued - three and a half years after he stubbed out a cigar in a team-mate's eye during a party at a nightclub.

The bad boy midfielder, who was recently freed from prison following an assault, is set to be hauled back before the courts after ex-colleague Jamie Tandy decided to sue him.

Tandy, now 23, was permanently scarred after the incident in Manchester's Lucid nightclub in 2004.

He claims the fracas sent him on a downward spiral, when he turned to drink and tried to kill himself.

It is understood that no legal proceedings have yet begun, but Barton's solicitors have been informed and defence lawyer Stuart Page, of Ralli solicitors, said he expected the wheels to be in motion 'very shortly'.

Barton, then a first team star at Manchester City, and Tandy, a youngster on the verge of breaking through, were at the club's Christmas party where they had an argument.

But the row escalated and resulted in Barton sticking the cigar in Tandy's eye. He was fined three weeks' wages, £60,000, and just avoided the axe.

Tandy, who suffered no permanent damage to his vision, went on loan to a Danish club where he broke his leg, leading to the end of his professional football career.

The young player was released by the Blues but turned to booze and tried to kill himself by crashing a car into a lamppost.

The father-of-two said legal action, 'has been a long time coming', adding: 'I don't see why he should get off scot-free while I'm left with nothing.'

The decision to sue Barton emerged at Manchester Magistrates' Court, where Tandy, of Whitefield, Manchester, appeared on two charges of drink-driving.

He admitted driving with excess alcohol on August 3, but denied a similar offence in February.

He pleaded guilty to driving without a licence and insurance and is on bail until September 11.

Barton, now at Newcastle United, was released from jail last month after assaulting a man in Liverpool.

He was also given a suspended sentence in July after pleading guilty to assaulting another team-mate, Ousmane Dabo, in training.

Tandy, who is working for a window cleaning company, is expected to sign semi-professional terms with Hyde United.

Barton's agent, Willie McKay, said he was 'unaware' of the pending legal action.

Like how they slip in the axe bit btw.

Putting any bans aside, how far away from first team action is Barton. Say for instance the FA cam out today and gave him a 1 match ban, case over, would he be in with a shout of the Bolton game?

At least three weeks IMO.

The FA will blatently wait until he is picked for selection before imposing the ban.

They will get us for not including him in the squads like UEFA did with Bowyer.

Yep, FA will definately wait till he's fit,  we might as well put him in the squad for each game though to try and confuse the FA even if he isnt going to play.

We should NEVER have signed this player - he has been a liability, and a waste of money as well as bringing MORE unwelcome Press attention to NUFC.

Another 5m down the drain, along with Marcelino and Maric.

Guest elbee909

Great news.

The father-of-two said legal action, 'has been a long time coming', adding: 'I don't see why he should get off scot-free while I'm left with nothing.'

The decision to sue Barton emerged at Manchester Magistrates' Court, where Tandy, of Whitefield, Manchester, appeared on two charges of drink-driving.

He pleaded guilty to driving without a licence and insurance and is on bail until September 11.

He didn't get off scot-free, did he?  Tandy's just fucking profiteering here.  I'm the last person in the world to defend Barton but this Tandy loser should face up to himself.  He's a drink-driving twat who's trying to claim his pound of flesh while the getting's good.  Pathetic cunt.