Who on here seriously wants Shearer?

Parky
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

That's a shit reason combined with flawed logic I reckon.

If you think Shearer's shadow still doesn't lurk of SJP then you are sadly mistaken.

It was certain under FS, its a possibility under Ashley, but the possibility lingers in the players mind and the fans mind, and comes to the front when things go badly.

There is only one way to stop it, well two, one would be to be successful, and since SA is hellbent on not doing that the only other way to keep the wolf from the door is to invite him in and let him take charge. If he fails, you take him out back and shoot him; he wont bother you again.

If you think Shearer's shadow still doesn't lurk of SJP then you are sadly mistaken.

It was certain under FS, its a possibility under Ashley, but the possibility lingers in the players mind and the fans mind, and comes to the front when things go badly.

There is only one way to stop it, well two, one would be to be successful, and since SA is hellbent on not doing that the only other way to keep the wolf from the door is to invite him in and let him take charge. If he fails, you take him out back and shoot him; he wont bother you again.

Was that meant to refute or agree with what I said btw? ;)

I'd rather be failing under Shearer than failing under SA.

That's a bizarre thing to say.  ???

Possibly.

Be honest: is this anti-Sam feeling just based on the past 6 months or is there more to it, i.e. Allardyce being an outsider, or worse...an ex-mackem?

Not sure tbh.

Just some thoughts i've been having over the last week, in fact it stemmed from a post on here, but not intentionally, the club will never be happy until Shearer has a crack at the job, i think thats probably right and right now SA is suffering big time by him, players wondering, fans wondering, board possibly wondering, and the media certainly pushing for it. Once that is out of the way and he's had a shot, its gone for good.

Its something i've thought about, and i can see some good reasons to why this isn't such a bad idea. The club could finally move on from him regardless of the outcome.

I'd rather be failing under Shearer than failing under SA.

That's a bizarre thing to say.  ???

Possibly.

Be honest: is this anti-Sam feeling just based on the past 6 months or is there more to it, i.e. Allardyce being an outsider, or worse...an ex-mackem?

Its none of that, its just the club wont move on from Shearer anytime soon.

tbf, TT is right. Shearer's shadow lurks over this club, has done for a while. When Sam, or Roeder before him, was under pressure, it was out with the papers "Shearer ready to take reigns", people calling for Shearer to be installed as manager, think he's the saviour that will turn us around. Even Allardyce has said that Shearer will probably be his successor.

If we get him in sooner rather than later, if he's successful, fantastic we've found a great manager. If he's not, we can get rid, and people will finally stop talking about Shearer becoming Newcastle manager.

tbf, TT is right. Shearer's shadow lurks over this club, has done for a while. When Sam, or Roeder before him, was under pressure, it was out with the papers "Shearer ready to take reigns", people calling for Shearer to be installed as manager, think he's the saviour that will turn us around. Even Allardyce has said that Shearer will probably be his successor.

If we get him in sooner rather than later, if he's successful, fantastic we've found a great manager. If he's not, we can get rid, and people will finally stop talking about Shearer becoming Newcastle manager.

And on that spot on note, i must bid you fantastic gentleman a good day, and give you my deepest wishes of you having a fantastic night and a great New Year as i'm off now to celebrate the end of mine.

Goodbye 2007, you shit bastard, hello 2008, you even bigger bastard!  >:D

Not sure tbh.

Just some thoughts i've been having over the last week, in fact it stemmed from a post on here, but not intentionally, the club will never be happy until Shearer has a crack at the job, i think thats probably right and right now SA is suffering big time by him, players wondering, fans wondering, board possibly wondering, and the media certainly pushing for it. Once that is out of the way and he's had a shot, its gone for good.

Its something i've thought about, and i can see some good reasons to why this isn't such a bad idea. The club could finally move on from him regardless of the outcome.

Can see where you're coming from anyway :thup:

What good would Shearer stating his intentions do? If he doesn't want the job, and says it now, he may never be welcome. What if he changes his mind? And I can think of no better way to undermine the manager than to say he does want the job. He's on a hiding to nothing here, best off keeping quiet.

He could come out and say he isn't ready...Which is the truth basically.

How do you know though?

Know what?

That he isn't ready.

I can't know can I. Nobody can predict the future we can only look at the information in front of us and give an opinion.

If you want him to take over tell us why...Feel free.  :razz:

I don't, but you were automatically jumping to conclusions with no evidence to back up either argument.

What good would Shearer stating his intentions do? If he doesn't want the job, and says it now, he may never be welcome. What if he changes his mind? And I can think of no better way to undermine the manager than to say he does want the job. He's on a hiding to nothing here, best off keeping quiet.

He could come out and say he isn't ready...Which is the truth basically.

How do you know though?

Know what?

That he isn't ready.

I can't know can I. Nobody can predict the future we can only look at the information in front of us and give an opinion.

If you want him to take over tell us why...Feel free.  :razz:

I don't, but you were automatically jumping to conclusions with no evidence to back up either argument.

I asked you earlier why you think HE IS  ready...Which you've ignored conveniently twinkle toes.

Shearer's shadow lurks cause he wants it to lurk and people with brains the size of peanuts want to put a man with zero management experience at this level in charge of a serious (I know) PL outfit. Does Keane's, Hughes or Bruce have shadows lurking over Old Trafford ? No. Cause they will just go out and get the best possible manager they can find when AF finished....If he ever finishes..

Guest SpinTheBlackCircle

Oliver Kay from The Times

Under Glenn Roeder last season, playing a brand of football best described as nondescript, they won only 11 league matches. Under Graeme Souness two years earlier, it

was one fewer. When Newcastle’s supporters sing “We’re s*** and we’re sick of it”, you can detect a malaise that goes rather deeper than a difficult first few months under Allardyce.

As for the players, perhaps they would welcome a change of manager, given that they are said to have little appetite for Allardyce’s methods. But just suppose that the manager is not the problem. Just suppose that there is something rotten at the club, something that even successive changes of manager and ownership have not yet exorcised. Just suppose that Allardyce, in the long term, represents their best chance of ridding the club of the malodorous team spirit that is perceptible to even the most distant outsider.

Given time, he probably will. But the fear is that he will not. And will those players shed a tear? Of course not. And will they look within themselves? Again, the answer is no.

Shearer's shadow lurks cause he wants it to lurk and people with brains the size of peanuts want to put a man with zero management experience at this level in charge of a serious (I know) PL outfit. Does Keane's, Hughes or Bruce have shadows lurking over Old Trafford ? No. Cause they will just go out and get the best possible manager they can find when AF finished....If he ever finishes..

:thup:

Oliver Kay from The Times

Under Glenn Roeder last season, playing a brand of football best described as nondescript, they won only 11 league matches. Under Graeme Souness two years earlier, it

was one fewer. When Newcastle’s supporters sing “We’re s*** and we’re sick of it”, you can detect a malaise that goes rather deeper than a difficult first few months under Allardyce.

As for the players, perhaps they would welcome a change of manager, given that they are said to have little appetite for Allardyce’s methods. But just suppose that the manager is not the problem. Just suppose that there is something rotten at the club, something that even successive changes of manager and ownership have not yet exorcised. Just suppose that Allardyce, in the long term, represents their best chance of ridding the club of the malodorous team spirit that is perceptible to even the most distant outsider.

Given time, he probably will. But the fear is that he will not. And will those players shed a tear? Of course not. And will they look within themselves? Again, the answer is no.

And what bogey-man exactly does this idiot thinks is lurking the corridors of SJP , despite the fact that Shepherd & Co(AND Shearer) have gone..?? Mystic Meg, perhaps...? A Gypsy Curse(actually, McDermott DOES think the club is cursed.)?

The only thing lurking around SJP is the stench of the years of failure and bad management , not to say some suspicious dealings - all these things could be changed by a genuinely-TOP manager and I am not convinced that Allardyce and his multitudes are that - but never mind - its easier to blame the 'impatient & vicious' fans who have the temerity to want some silverware in the trophy cabinet after already getting some 39 years ago..imagine - how greedy they are....!!!

Incidentally, the Great And Untouchable Fergie was actually COMPLAINING about his own supporters yesterday because they were 'too quiet'...OH YEAH? Who was it blasting Newcastle fans for being too vocal and 'demanding'....??? Cake and Eat it, anyone !??

shearers shadow lurks over the club because the press tells you it does....in no other way does it.

For one thing Shepherd was ready to give him the job. For another a lot of supporters would like to see him get it.

this situation again shows me allardyce isn't as clever as he thinks - he could, and should, bring it all to head by firstly publicly offering shearer a role in his coaching staff and he should do it now

then one of 3 things happens...(1) shearer takes it, consolodates allardyces position and gives some much needed perspective to the manager and starts him on the "experience" path people say he needs before getting the job himself or (2) he publicly knocks it back which then leads to (3) the owner/chairman have to give either unconditional backing to allardyce or put everyone out of their misery, sack him and give the job to shearer or someone else

to be honest it's the first thing he should have done when he walked through the door in the summer

in my opinion mort (on behalf of ashley) needs to come out now and say to EVERYONE that allardyce will not be sacked until the end of his contract under any circumstances...they back him each time we lose but it's always open to interpretation that he might be sacked later

either they say hes got 3 years or they sack him, anything else just perpetuates the myth that he's on dodgy ground

this situation again shows me allardyce isn't as clever as he thinks - he could, and should, bring it all to head by firstly publicly offering shearer a role in his coaching staff and he should do it now

then one of 3 things happens...(1) shearer takes it, consolodates allardyces position and gives some much needed perspective to the manager and starts him on the "experience" path people say he needs before getting the job himself or (2) he publicly knocks it back which then leads to (3) the owner/chairman have to give either unconditional backing to allardyce or put everyone out of their misery, sack him and give the job to shearer or someone else

to be honest it's the first thing he should have done when he walked through the door in the summer

in my opinion mort (on behalf of ashley) needs to come out now and say to EVERYONE that allardyce will not be sacked until the end of his contract under any circumstances...they back him each time we lose but it's always open to interpretation that he might be sacked later

either they say hes got 3 years or they sack him, anything else just perpetuates the myth that he's on dodgy ground

Tbf Mort has come out and backed SA a few times. But I agree with you in the sense that it needs to be more emphatic in some way, not sure the best method mind.

On this offering Shearer a role idea, I find that quite intriguing and might have been a good trick by SA in the way that you say.