Stoke (a) in the FA Cup - Pre-Match thread

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

A win:

"Newcastle scraped through with a rather unconvincing 2-0 win at Championship side Stoke city amidst a chorus of boos"

A loss:

"Fans call for Allardyce's head as his newcastle team crashes spectacularly out of the FA cup to Championship side Stoke city"

A win:

"Newcastle scraped through with a rather unconvincing 2-0 win at Championship side Stoke city amidst a chorus of boos"

A loss:

"Fans call for Allardyce's head as his newcastle team crashes spectacularly out of the FA cup to Championship side Stoke city"

write that on a bit of paper and take it to the bookies and see what they'll give you.  If it's around 7/1, metaphorically bite their hands off.

Guest Phil K

Listening to pundits and fans today, I got the impression that Stoke have us beaten already.

A team who needs the first goal, because they lack the balls to come from behind.

If they DO get the first goal, it STILL depends on wether the defence can avoid mistakes. And they're mistake-ridden.

I believe it'll be a 1-1 draw....or a defeat.

Stoke are a top side, a big place, a big club and should be in the Premier League. We have to treat them with respect and prepare for it properly.

The most important thing is we make things difficult for them and keep it tight. We probably can't win the match but we can certainly play for a 0-0, get them back to our place and finish them off after extra time and pens.

I didn't see yesterday's match, so this isn't based on the most recent form. EDIT: I originally had no African players but the official site is saying that everyone is available for this game, and Martins will be around for Man Utd.

------------Given------

Beye---Taylor---Roz---Enrique

Milner--Smith---Emre---Duff

--------Owen----Viduka

Subs: Harper, Cacapa, Butt, N'Zogbia, Martins

Stoke are a top side, a big place, a big club and should be in the Premier League. We have to treat them with respect and prepare for it properly.

The most important thing is we make things difficult for them and keep it tight. We probably can't win the match but we can certainly play for a 0-0, get them back to our place and finish them off after extra time and pens.

:lol:

:(

f****** hell is this how bad we've become?

Might top mi sen

Guest Brewcastle

Lose this one and I think that's it for Sam.

I dunno it's probably cheaper to get relegated than sack him.

:weep:

Guest bleedinblacknwhite

Milner and Butt were awful last night so i'll start with this:

Given

Beye        Casapa        Taylor         Enrique

Duff       Beye         Emre           Zoggy

Owen    Viduka

Didn't know we had two players called Beye

Have we got the African players still for this match? when does the ANC start?

I think we still have them all, this will be their last game.

Thats right, but Martins may still be available for the next fixture according to SSN reports

Guest bleedinblacknwhite

Milner and Butt were awful last night so i'll start with this:

Given

Beye        Casapa        Taylor         Enrique

Duff       Beye         Emre           Zoggy

Owen    Viduka

Didn't know we had two players called Beye

We don't, that's just how fast Beye is.

:lol:

Have we got the African players still for this match? when does the ANC start?

I think we still have them all, this will be their last game.

Thats right, but Martins may still be available for the next fixture according to SSN reports

Thank god for that. Fuck knows who would make entirely fucking useless runs for us if he wasn't there.

I expect us to win this game, fairly comfortably, albiet with the odd potential scare or two that every match brings.

2 or 3 nil, i reckon.

It'll be hailed as a triumph for Fat Head by his fanboys, who will then make excuses after we get humped in the league for the next 2 games.

Won't be easy, but we're Newcastle UNITED.

Why not just put all vendettas against the manager aside, whatever anybody thinks, its hardly 'United' if we're not cheering the lads and singing their names to inspire them...

Won't be easy, but we're Newcastle UNITED.

Why not just put all vendettas against the manager aside, whatever anybody thinks, its hardly 'United' if we're not cheering the lads and singing their names to inspire them...

Thats not actually why we're called "united", mind.

If they did their turn inspiring US, they might find it reciprocated. Very hard to chant for the likes of Viduka and Smith when they aren't actually any good, isn't it.

I expect us to win this game, fairly comfortably, albiet with the odd potential scare or two that every match brings.

2 or 3 nil, i reckon.

It'll be hailed as a triumph for Fat Head by his fanboys, who will then make excuses after we get humped in the league for the next 2 games.

I share these sentiments.

I think we will win 3-1.  But because our next league match is away to Man Utd, we won't be allowed to complain when we get hammered.