Guest BooBoo

took this off the SMB:

just after the goal...

Crabbers said "just when things couldnt get any worse....."

gates interupted

"now john steads coming on"

:lol: :lol:

Does Gates commentate on Metro now? :shock:

Niall Quinn steps down as Manager - SSN !!

Did he jump or was he pushed by the chairman?  bluelaugh.gif

They've now got a "Curbs is on his way!" thread, to go with their "O'Neil is on his way!" and "SuperKev is on his way!" threads  bluelaugh.gif

Guest Invicta_Toon

this is beyond a joke...

I actually feel sorry for the twits

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

Niall Quinn's post-match quotes:

"I'd barely sat down, I was still looking at my notes. I looked up and he [Arnau] was walking off the pitch. I haven't seen it - he's claiming innocence and the referee is claiming he used his elbow.

"It sums up a tough four weeks. We weren't able to appoint a manager four or five weeks ago, I've stepped into the breech, I've tried to help, obviously it hasn't been successful.

"What I would say about tonight is that the players were magnificent for 82 minutes, under the handicap we gave ourselves.

"The header, it was like a nail in the coffin. They got the second one when one of their guys was five yards offside.

"What I would say, in stepping into this role, I did it because we didn't get the quality of manager that I thought we would. We are now getting very close to doing that.

"I will revert back to the role as chairman as soon as possible. I didn't like to put the players under pressure in the last month by saying I was still looking, but I know my role here is best as chairman.

"I would say that in the coming days, maybe over the weekend, we may have better news.

"We've tracked a would-be manager for the last four weeks and we're getting closer. I can't name him because there is nothing done yet.

"I would reassure the people of the commitment and the effort of the group of people that have backed this club. We think we have someone that will give the people the real lift that they need, and we will give him the budget that he deserves.

"It's been hard in the transfer market. We are way behind but I would hope by Monday I can say 70-30 that we will have a world-class manager in place.

"Kevin [Phillips] has gone to West Brom, that's fine and I wish him well. He was someone who I wanted to come back and re-ignite the place.

"I've been working very hard behind the scenes, with my group, to establish a new manager in place and he can't come quick enough.

"My players did fantastically well. It's a real kick in the teeth, we're out of the cup and that's bad for a new manager coming in.

"I made a decision that I would take over, I didn't want the players to know that it was a very temporary effort - it's not worked, I'll admit that and I'll revert back to chairman very shortly. We'll just have to get this manager over the line.

"I would say I probably won't be in charge of West Brom game [on Monday]."