Monaco want Emre - L'Equipe.

Optimistic Nut

So it's not even "nufcblog", whichever 14 year old's website of the year contender that might be, it's some daft kid making a comment on nufcblog.

Here's a suggestion lads: ignore it. Why it even gets passed as worthy of mention is beyond me.

Its not praying on my mind.

I'd rather Butt, Geremi and Barton go first if we're looking to get rid of central midfielders.

Exactly, the last ounce of creativity in the centre of our midfield in being drained. Now just watch Nolan replace him.

He's not really creative but he does try and get us away from the awful long ball football that we've seen under fat Sam, he's dug us out of the s*** a few times this season too.

You can bet that Allardyce will replace him with a grafter though.

Spot on. Unless we're going to replace him with a real creative force then I think it's pretty pointless letting him go, especially if he's going to be replaced by fucking Sidwell or Nolan :undecided:

Guest AceDeuce

yeah, sell him....

emre and zoggy are the last ones who can complete a pass.

let sam replace the squad with his players and then sack him.  ;D

and then the next guy is stuck with the mess.

this kinda thing will never bring nufc to the top 6.

you need a top class manger that stays for more than 2 years and who can bring in his players and settle.

the last 4 managers nufc had were shit and sam is also.

yeah, sell him....

emre and zoggy are the last ones who can complete a pass.

let sam replace the squad with his players and then sack him.  ;D

and then the next guy is stuck with the mess.

this kinda thing will never bring nufc to the top 6.

you need a top class manger that stays for more than 2 years and who can bring in his players and settle.

the last 4 managers nufc had were s*** and sam is also.

Agreed 100%

Sell. He's our most creative midfielder but he's always going to be a player who plays a few games then gets injured, repeat. He's never going to make a consistent impact here or anywhere for that matter, the thing is most of the fans are too naive to realise we won't see the player Emre is and can be week in week out.

Sell, doesnt seem like Emre will add alot with the current circumstances.

But i DO think he is one of the better midfielders we have, if not the best.. but if we cant get the best out of him..  ???

Guest Alan Shearer 9

we have to start cashing in on our shit players (ie 85% of the squad). I would welcome selling Emre, Martins and whoever else if we were to buy better players in the summer.

Emre is a player capable of great things. Would be nice if he showed that was the case a little more often.

Cant see him staying past the summer, but barring the miracle of us finding a top class replacement aswell as an equal top class midfielder to add to the squad this january, I cant see BS letting him go.

I noticed in the appearances he's made usually in the last 15-20 mins his body language says it all looks very unhappy tbh. I wouldn't blame him if he decides to leave. Sam just has no clue the talent he's wasting, its obvious he prefers his own signings. I really thought he'd do something here but maybe the "style of play" doesn't suit him.

the "style of play" hasnt suited him under Allardyce, Roeder or Souness.

Brief flashes of his talent are the best we have been attributed since his arrival in Newcastle. Motivational issues/Injury/tactical problems either way equates to something having to give, either adapting his play to what the manager asks, motivating himself or leaving to start afresh. Somehow the latter normally seems to be the outcome.

Given our complete lack of creativity, maybe its suprising Emre has been stuck on the bench. But he is yet to do anything when he has started or come on this season that makes him deserve to have a starting place for me.

out of interest does anyone know, in detail, what allardyce did when okocha left?  in terms of replacing his role in the team?

i remember that period well when okocha had licence to play and the grafters covered him...what happened when he left?

was it just another hod-carrier in his place?  guess it must have been 'cause i can't remember them putting anyone similar in there

talk about clutching at straws, he once put a ball player in his team so he MIGHT do the same with us!

Guest Ridzuan

Give us 5m for his service and I would think it is a done deal.Emre used to be good but since he join us he has been like a rotten piece of cabbage.

Guest MaetihS

we must be the worst football team ever in the league, playing boring football if players like Emre and Martins leave. We will be become a team of grafters and most of our goals will come from corners and long throw-ins. this is really depressing...good players suffering under clueless managers. At least we used to be known to play attacking and attractive football even though there is no silverware....now we will be known as the next Wimbledon.

I noticed in the appearances he's made usually in the last 15-20 mins his body language says it all looks very unhappy tbh. I wouldn't blame him if he decides to leave. Sam just has no clue the talent he's wasting, its obvious he prefers his own signings. I really thought he'd do something here but maybe the "style of play" doesn't suit him.

I have noticed when he plays a full 90 mins he is generally shit.

we have to start cashing in on our s*** players (ie 85% of the squad). I would welcome selling Emre, Martins and whoever else if we were to buy better players in the summer.

Couldn't agree more, apart from N'zogbia and Given I would happily get rid of any other player.

Emre’s agent has told setantasports.com that he knows nothing of any reported interest from Monaco in his client, but has revealed that a number of clubs are monitoring the situation of the Newcastle United star.

Reports in the French press claim that Monaco are weighing up a move for the Turkey international, with Galatasaray also believed to be keen to bring the midfielder back to the club where he started his career before a move to Inter in 2001.

Emre has only started one game since the start of December for The Magpies and manager Sam Allardyce has shown a preference for Nicky Butt, Geremi and, when not otherwise engaged, Joey Barton so far this season.

Whilst denying any knowledge of interest from Monaco, Ahmet Bulut did hint that there would be no shortage of clubs looking to sign his client should he come on the market.

“I don’t know if it is true,” Bulut told setantasports.com.

“There are a lot of clubs interested but they have to speak to Newcastle.”

Having seen his client fail to carve out a regular place under Allardyce, Bulut further stated: “He is not happy because he is not playing.”

emre, average and inconsistent as he is, is the last central-midfielder we should be looking to sell, not because of his quality, but because he's the only one comfortable with the ball at his feet, or the only one you could describe as "creative".

Guest thenorthumbrian

I would like to see N'zogbia and Emre go, I am sick of these players who think being able control and pass a ball has got something to do with football.

They could do with studying Smith, runs for 90 mins each match and yet to make a telling pass, now theres a real footballer and a true Allardyce man.

I've never rated Emre since he was at inter, and I argued relentlessly on here the month that we signed him that he simply wasn't (and isn't) the type of midfielder that we need. And to this day I stand by those comments.

But I'm not saying that to boast. I'm saying that because it sums up our current circumstances perfectly when I say that I would rather almost every other central midfielder in our squad leave before him.

we have to start cashing in on our s*** players (ie 85% of the squad). I would welcome selling Emre, Martins and whoever else if we were to buy better players in the summer.

And who would that be? Given the fact that SA only likes battlers? Nolan and Crouch?