Defoe anyone?

Guest Knightrider

think he is better than martins :S

(because what ive seen of martins so far is that he is completely out of form, and seems to be underachieving)

agree on the Robbie Keane also. Would love him here, but can't see tottenham selling their, by far, best player. included berbatov.

In your dreams mate. Not only is Berbatov better then Keane but so is Steed and Ledley and i would also like to See Bent start ahead of him sometimes.

Im glad someone said this because sorry Robbie Keanes way overated!Ok so he scores alot of pens...well used to anyways!But he can be such a frustuating player when things dont go his way!He stands around with his hand on his hips!

Anyways Defoe...depends on price if we get him around the 5mil mark then yes cos theres no doubting hes a quality striker but we should be looking for creative and right sided midfielder first!

(because what ive seen of martins so far is that he is completely out of form, and seems to be underachieving)

agree on the Robbie Keane also. Would love him here, but can't see tottenham selling their, by far, best player. included berbatov.

In your dreams mate. Not only is Berbatov better then Keane but so is Steed and Ledley and i would also like to See Bent start ahead of him sometimes.

Im glad someone said this because sorry Robbie Keanes way overated!Ok so he scores alot of pens...well used to anyways!But he can be such a frustuating player when things dont go his way!He stands around with his hand on his hips!

Anyways Defoe...depends on price if we get him around the 5mil mark then yes cos theres no doubting hes a quality striker but we should be looking for creative and right sided midfielder first!

actually he just missed 2 pens.

Keane is perhaps more important for tottenham, than he would be for newcastle. So if we got keane, he wouldnt be nowhere near the same player for us as he is in spurs. Berbatov would.

And i agree. we should get one or two creative midfielders, and a quality rightwing. Im dreaming of Agbonlahor.

actually he just missed 2 pens.

I didnt say he misses lots of pens I said he used to score lots of them until he missed 2 lately and he doesnt take them anymore now!

Better than Martins as a footballer, more likely to score regularly, but worries over commitment and fitness -

better than what we have(in view of Owen's fitness problems), but not top notch - however, would take him in our current situation.

Guest teepee

if owen or martins was to leave i'd take defoe asap - good player, a bit of a poor finisher, but does grab quite a few goals. i kinda like him.... as a player that is

where's this thing about Defoe "working the channels" coming from? Martins does that far more by nature (tends to move out to the left flank when played centrally) and is far better than defoe at doing that. defoe prefers to stay central and play on the shoulder like the Owen of old or trying to take early shots as soon as he gets the ball (sound familiar?). his link up play is no better than Martins' either, though he is a better dribbler than Martins that doesn't translate into joining up attacks and bringing others into play, if anything it just leads him into putting his head down more and playing on his own. i'll prefer martins for his better all round game - fact he's faster, younger, stronger, more mobile, better in the air and works harder. in other attributes the two are pretty similar even if they apply their qualities in different ways.

i'd be more tempted with selling owen and bringing in defoe, but then only because of Owen's fitness issues as otherwise Owen is the better player. that's not to say i don't rate defoe, he has immense natural talent i just don't think he's carved out a proper way of playing in what is a team game. for instance, darren bent has only a fraction of his talent but is a much more effective player to have in your side. i also don't see how he'd fit into an allardyce team.

totally agree here about Robbie Keane...

Better than Martins as a footballer, more likely to score regularly, but worries over commitment and fitness -

better than what we have(in view of Owen's fitness problems), but not top notch - however, would take him in our current situation.

Better than Martins? If you say so... :-/

I find it difficult to understand that Kieron Dyer got so much abuse for his attitude and that tag "the King of Bling"....yet there is so much support here for Defoe who is exactly the same. Football wise he is no more than decent, which simply cannot justify the minimum 7/8 million price tag and big wages.

Who are you talking about?  You're not talking about Defoe, that's for certain!

no thanks.  Defoe isn't that great at all- selfish, link up play aint good, don't work the channels all he has to his name is a hard shot.  Lets not forget Martins scored 17 goals in his first season too

no thanks.  Defoe isn't that great at all- selfish, link up play aint good, don't work the channels all he has to his name is a hard shot.  Lets not forget Martins scored 17 goals in his first season too

The 17 goals thing always gets trotted out. While it's true he was (iirc) joint 12th highest goal scorer in the Premier League last year. Not bad, not that good either.

I very much doubt Defoe would want to come here even if we wanted him.  I'm not 100% certain but he has certainly spent most of his career in London, if not all of it.  He clearly likes the big city lifestyle and life up here would be very, very different.  Maybe if we were a top 5/6 club going places but why would he want to come here when in all likelihood, there will be other clubs in and around London/up to the Midlands who are ahead of us at the moment and would pay him a very good wage and allow him to continue his way of life.  Even in the event that we were the only club in the end that wanted him, could you imagine his attitude if he was forced to come up here????

I'm not sure what the attraction would be for him to come to us, all he has to do is talk to Jenas to get well put off.

That's also why I think the touted swap deal with Downing is laughable!  Defoe in Middlesborough... :crazy2

Guest kingdawson

Swap for Steven Taylor?

Spurs are supposed to be looking at him.

Sorry but i would be fuming if we sign Taylor.

Swap for Steven Taylor?

Sorry but i would be fuming if we sign Taylor.

And considering your defense features Dawson, that shows how overrated Taylor is by some people on here.

Swap for Steven Taylor?

Are you mad?

A promising young centre back with a genuine affection for the club, for a waster, chav, bling king, southern mercenary who isn't any better than what we've got now.