The 'SSN sources' thread...

Dave

If it's true, I'm disgusted.

Why the fuck would you LIMIT yourself like that? It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Theres no need. This isn't the national job - I can understand people wanting such a limit there.

Out of all British managers in a job who would you be happy with?

I'd honestly only be genuinely happy with Sir Alex Ferguson, and since that's not going to happen, he has to be a foreign coach.

Hughes, Redknapp and Moyes aren't any higher rated than Allardyce, and i wouldnt be any more excited about them. Not saying they couldnt do a good job, but it takes somebody really impressive to satisfy the nufc crowd, and I aint sure those 3 will last any longer.

In which case, I'd just as rather Shearer got a chance.

Jesus, we need to give a manager 3 seasons at least!

All I've seen so far is that "SSN understands Shearer hasn't been approached and that we're after a British manager..."

No quotes from Mort, or Ashley, even though SSN attributed the statement as "Ashley says".

Then that Scottish bloke asked people to ear-wig on Shearer and Shepherd in Barbados to find out more.

I think it's safe to say that SSN don't know as much as they'd like, much like the rest of us.

Why the fuck would the likes of ONeil and Redknapp leave their current clubs and come here? Im furious with the board today, the handling of Big Sam's sacking and now the manner of getting the replacement, this whole English only thing is ridiculous.

Hughes, Redknapp and Moyes aren't any higher rated than Allardyce, and i wouldnt be any more excited about them. Not saying they couldnt do a good job, but it takes somebody really impressive to satisfy the nufc crowd, and I aint sure those 3 will last any longer.

In which case, I'd just as rather Shearer got a chance.

Sadly, I'd have to agree.  We're going to have to get him out of the way sooner or later, if it's got to be a brit then it may as well be Al :(

All I've seen so far is that "SSN understands Shearer hasn't been approached and that we're after a British manager..."

No quotes from Mort, or Ashley, even though SSN attributed the statement as "Ashley says".

Then that Scottish bloke asked people to ear-wig on Shearer and Shepherd in Barbados to find out more.

I think it's safe to say that SSN don't know as much as they'd like, much like the rest of us.

i agree, how the fuck do they know we are not going foreign?

(thats me clinging to anything i can)

Didn't someone say it was on Setanta too?

Field day on me right now! :(

Someone else said this was also mentioned on Setanta Sports too, so it might not be just SSN. Still don't know why they'd directly lie though.

If they limit themselves to British then I'll be dismayed if it's anyone other than Shearer. Anyone else would be a side-step and would not be an improvement on Allardyce. Anyone else and we'll be here again in a year or two max. It has to be Shearer because of the time, potential and 'vibe'.

I have to say though, I never wanted Allardyce in the beginning, always knew his football wasn't going to be pretty so I was always dissatisfied. I doubted that the board would fully back him from the off and thought he'd be gone before or at the end of the season as soon as the takeover was completed. Kinda sad that I was right :(

They've got good contacts. They knew Sam was going to be sacked before he did...they don't just make things up and stick it on the yellow banner.

Didn't someone say it was on Setanta too?

SetantaSports News, that well-reputable source of all things football. I'd be amazed if they weren't hooked up to a screening of SSN and copied everything from them. It would explain the fact that whenever I watch it, they seem to be a few minutes behind everything happening.

Like when a goal goes in on a Saturday, they'll not mention it for ages while it's flashed up on screen, then go to the reporter: "there's been a goal down at Fratton Park...".

Blind leading the blind?

If he's British, I will seriously be dissapointed with the board, not only for hiring a British manager who will be on-par, if not lower than Allardyce and also for the manner of Sam's departure only to replace him with crap.

My instincts tell me they know who they want though. They wouldn't have done this otherwise.