The 'SSN sources' thread...

Dave

This "Ashley is a business man" quote is annoying, every single owner in any football club is; Fat Freddy is!

It's true, he is a business man, but if you look at what he has done in the past with sports direct etc, it's not too hard to imagine him sacking Sam without having a backup.

Totally different types of businessmen… Other than with the floating of the toon Shepherd had very little stock market involvement and just ran his own business like a family business. Ashley has not only set up and floated his own company from scratch, making himself close to a billion in the process, he has also acquired companies, learned to deal with shareholder demands and questioning, dealt with analysts and consultants on an almost daily basis. He, and his people, are incredibly business savvy… Look at what he did with Reebok and what he is likely to do with re-acquiring sports direct. Point me towards Fat Fred showing that kind of business acumen. In fact we are in quite a unique position as far as owners go, with having an established English businessman with a great track record in charge. Look around at Liverpool and Man united (US debt merchants), Chelsea, Man City and Portsmouth (foreign blood money), West Ham (strange) and I don’t see much I’d swap for. Aston Villa are the only other team with an owner I really like.

To compare Shepherd and Ashley is very much folly. If we appoint Redknapp or someone of his ilk feel free to ram this back down my throat.

OK, might as well rank the main managers being touted on oddschecker in order of my often arbitary preference

Jose Mourinho

Ottmar Hitzfeld

Guus Hiddink

Gerard Houllier

Alan Shearer

Martin O Neill

Harry Redknapp

Martin Jol

Mark Hughes

David Moyes

Terry Venables

Steve Coppell

Steve McClaren

I have to say like, I wouldn't be pleased with any of them after about 5 so it's pretty difficult to rank them.

FUCKING HELL!

I've been in bed for 4 days with flu and this is like a bombshell!

Am I still delirious or am I reading this right?

Yep, it's all real.  Just have a watch of the press confrence and it should all become clear.

f****** HELL!

I've been in bed for 4 days with flu and this is like a bombshell!

Am I still delirious or am I reading this right?

Yep, it's all real.  Just have a watch of the press confrence and it should all become clear.

Oh dear

Well I would have given him at least till the summer.

But then if we can appoint a top class manager that can get us performing who cares.

Totally different types of businessmen

Other than with the floating of the toon Shepherd had very little stock market involvement and just ran his own business like a family business. Ashley has not only set up and floated his own company from scratch, making himself close to a billion in the process, he has also acquired companies, learned to deal with shareholder demands and questioning, dealt with analysts and consultants on an almost daily basis. He, and his people, are incredibly business savvy? Look at what he did with Reebok and what he is likely to do with re-acquiring sports direct. Point me towards Fat Fred showing that kind of business acumen. In fact we are in quite a unique position as far as owners go, with having an established English businessman with a great track record in charge. Look around at Liverpool and Man united (US debt merchants), Chelsea, Man City and Portsmouth (foreign blood money), West Ham (strange) and I don?t see much I?d swap for. Aston Villa are the only other team with an owner I really like.

To compare Shepherd and Ashley is very much folly.

Spot on.

This "Ashley is a business man" quote is annoying, every single owner in any football club is; Fat Freddy is!

It's true, he is a business man, but if you look at what he has done in the past with sports direct etc, it's not too hard to imagine him sacking Sam without having a backup.

Totally different types of businessmen Other than with the floating of the toon Shepherd had very little stock market involvement and just ran his own business like a family business. Ashley has not only set up and floated his own company from scratch, making himself close to a billion in the process, he has also acquired companies, learned to deal with shareholder demands and questioning, dealt with analysts and consultants on an almost daily basis. He, and his people, are incredibly business savvy Look at what he did with Reebok and what he is likely to do with re-acquiring sports direct. Point me towards Fat Fred showing that kind of business acumen. In fact we are in quite a unique position as far as owners go, with having an established English businessman with a great track record in charge. Look around at Liverpool and Man united (US debt merchants), Chelsea, Man City and Portsmouth (foreign blood money), West Ham (strange) and I dont see much Id swap for. Aston Villa are the only other team with an owner I really like.

To compare Shepherd and Ashley is very much folly. If we appoint Redknapp or someone of his ilk feel free to ram this back down my throat.

Not having appointed Allardyce he would only be tolerated until such time as Ashley found his own man.

Allardyce's departure bore the hallmarks of Ashley's business style. Extremely ruthless.

The flotation from which he made the big bucks and in which investors have subsequently been burned ullustrates the workings of a very clever but ruthless operator too.

I think it's inconcievable that the rug was pulled from underneath Sam before someone was lined up.

It won't be long before a big announcement is made.

Just been speaking to the neighbour, who threw into the ring an interesting proposition including Shearer.

Klinsmann as manager, Shearer as assistant.  Klinsmann has done it with Germany and has good tactical knowledge, coupled with the ideas of Shearer and his knowledge of England/Newcastle's passion.  Both excellent strikers - should in theory, produce attacking football.

His idea, not mine.  But I have to say if the pair were unveiled, I'd be creaming a little bit.

Just been speaking to the neighbour, who threw into the ring an interesting proposition including Shearer.

Klinsmann as manager, Shearer as assistant.  Klinsmann has done it with Germany and has good tactical knowledge, coupled with the ideas of Shearer and his knowledge of England/Newcastle's passion.  Both excellent strikers - should in theory, produce attacking football.

His idea, not mine.  But I have to say if the pair were unveiled, I'd be creaming a little bit.

the thoughts in germany are that klinsmann got the best out of an already set up coaching set up and wasn't that astute himself. (the current german manager whose name i cant remember being the brains behind it)

Guest johnson293

On Radio Newcastle this morning, Mick lowes was discussing the candidates, and when a smiliar thing was suggested (Shearer alongside a main manager to learn from), he suggested that from speaking to Shearer, this wouldn't be an option, and when he decides to become a manager he wants to be the main man, and will not work as coach or assistant first.

How true this is, is down to whether you believe Mick Lowes?!

the thoughts in germany are that klinsmann got the best out of an already set up coaching set up and wasn't that astute himself. (the current german manager whose name i cant remember being the brains behind it)Joachin Loew/Low being the person you're looking for.

I dunno, I liked the idea and I also understand your point.  Tbf I'd take those 2 over Mark fucking Hughes.

OK, might as well rank the main managers being touted on oddschecker in order of my often arbitary preference

Jose Mourinho=God please he says YES

Ottmar Hitzfeld=God please he says YES

Guus Hiddink=God please he says YES

Gerard Houllier=No Thanks

Alan Shearer=he is local legend but its risky to manage club like newcastle as a first job

Martin O Neill=wtf

Harry Redknapp=same level as Allardyce

Martin Jol=GOO FORBID

Mark Hughes=same level as Allardyce

David Moyes

Terry Venables

Steve Coppell

Steve McClaren

I have to say like, I wouldn't be pleased with any of them after about 5 so it's pretty difficult to rank them.

the thoughts in germany are that klinsmann got the best out of an already set up coaching set up and wasn't that astute himself. (the current german manager whose name i cant remember being the brains behind it)

Joachim Lowe is the guy you're on about, someone i actually like the look of, seems to have made Germany a great force again, plays good football as well. He's someone who's gone under the radar to be fair.

I actually thought it was Hughes dead cert, but i heard 'Arry as links with Ashley, its something that i could deal with to be honest, not exactly inspiring, but he always brings good football wherever he'sbeen. My worry if that i dont see him being a good long term choice who could help us break into the top 4.  That is a mntrous challenge and its gonna require someone big and extremely talented to get us there.

Not sure even Ashley could afford to meet the terms of those two greedy fockers !

I think people are getting away from the point here aren't they. Do people not find it very strange about Sams departure. What reasons other than the fact we have a manager lined up could there be for Allardyce going. Surely Mort didn't just finish his dinner and decide " hmm i think i want a change". There must be circumstances thar led to him leaving (being ejected) and i hate to say it but Oliver's theory seems to be the most likely.

I don't think for a second that any of the managers mentioned (hughes, redknapp etc) will get the job. I believe it will be an experianced, foreign coach such as Houllier, Jol, Klinsmann or even better Lippi or Mourinho. Just because i get the feeling that is the standard Ashley will set, as apposed to Mort.

Just my feeling.

Rubbish.

Klinsmann has done it with Germany and has good tactical knowledge, coupled with the ideas of Shearer and his knowledge of England/Newcastle's passion.  Both excellent strikers - should in theory, produce attacking football.

I really see Shearer as being more of a Daglish type manager than a Keegan.

Rubbish.

haha, the one word answer says it all.  I said Klinsmann last summer like, before we got Allardyce.  But that kind of thinking would go over the head of Shepherd.

I'd also like to add that Ashley is mates with that Spurs big nob. He maybe influenced by the fact that he has just seen his mate pluck a foreign coach out of europe and gain instant sucess.

Why would he choose Redknapp or Hughes if he's seen the benifit of a foreign manager.

Rubbish.

is it ? it's what i've been told and read thats all

I'd also like to add that Ashley is mates with that Spurs big nob. He maybe influenced by the fact that he has just seen his mate pluck a foreign coach out of europe and gain instant sucess.

Why would he choose Redknapp or Hughes if he's seen the benifit of a foreign manager.

Because the Spurs guy wanted Redknapp instead of Ramos.