Jose Mourinho

Guest sicko2ndbest

Is this some sort of inside joke or are their actually people taking this seriously?  And if so, how many of you are over the age of 15?  Some of you need a reality check that can only be received through clinical, professional treatment.

I hope this comes back to haunt you.

So do I.

There is every chance we've landed 'the big one'.

No there isn't.

Crystal Ball?

Is this some sort of inside joke or are their actually people taking this seriously?  And if so, how many of you are over the age of 15?  Some of you need a reality check that can only be received through clinical, professional treatment.

So do I.

No there isn't.

Crystal Ball?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/somerset/weather/images/meg_270.jpg

Mrs Role Model ^

In an extract from his biography, in The Times, Mourinho explained: "Bobby lives and breathes the pitch and wants direct contact with the players.

"But he knew my ambition wouldn't allow me to accept an assistant coach role."

Mourinho, who took over at Benfica shortly after Robson's offer, added: "Since Bobby suspected I wouldn't accept it, he told me it would only be for a year, two tops, and that at the end of that time I would be head coach and he club manager.

"But he had forgotten that I had worked with him for many years and so I knew him well.

"It is unthinkable to picture him as a manager, watching from the stands.

"But I didn't take him up on his offer, knowing sooner or later, my time would come."

Mourinho goes on to explain how he utilised the different coaching methods of Robson, and later Louis van Gaal (Barcelona manager from 1997-2000) to help develop his own skills.

He added: "Bobby is an attacking coach and his work concentrates mainly on the final part, scoring and, in this case, I tried to take a step back, while maintaining the primacy of attacking football.

"I tried to organise it better and this organistation stems directly from the defence.

"With van Gaal, nothing was left to chance and everything was programmed in great detail.

So do I.

No there isn't.

Crystal Ball?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/somerset/weather/images/meg_270.jpg

Mrs Role Model ^

:laugh:

This is not a time for negative vibes.

The unfolding of events suggests Ashley has someone in mind and I doubt we're hiring a muppet like McLaren.

Fingers crossed.  :thup:

So do I.

No there isn't.

Why is there not? It's unlikely, but not impossible. Why would he go to Chelsea who were a nothing club who'd never really won anything?

On why Jose won't come here:

More than likely because he's waiting for a big job, the likes of which we're not.

Are you saying making Newcastle into a top side isn't a big job? :D

That said, I can't imagine for one moment that he'll end up as our manager.

It couldn't happen could it?

No, surely not, not us, were destined never to be anything meaningful, Ashley or not, it just wont happen.

Or could it?

It would be a life changing moment for us all if it did imo, it would mean being a player within a very short time, Jose wouldn't have it any other way.

Wishful thinking but he's the best available manager out there, it just doesn't happen, fair tales, dreams, its just not us.

On why Jose won't come here:

More than likely because he's waiting for a big job, the likes of which we're not.

Are you saying making Newcastle into a top side isn't a big job? :D

That said, I can't imagine for one moment that he'll end up as our manager.

He was slated for Barca and then rumours about Meelan...Both are huge clubs. He topped a Barca supporters club poll to replace Rijkaard but there still seems to be some doubts about his style of footie and the purist approach Barca cherish.

One straw I'm holding onto is Mourinho is highly unpredictable and has a massive ego...He might have looked at us and thought wtf I'll sort it.