BBC: Shearer "Rules out Newcastle job"

Alberto2005

Sources close to Alan Shearer have confirmed to the BBC this evening that he is extremely unlikely to be the next manager of Newcastle.

Shearer says he is currently very happy with his job on Match of the Day.

The former England captain, who played for the Magpies for nearly 10 years and ended his career at St James' Park, had been strongly linked with the post.

Newcastle are beginning the hunt for their seventh manager in 11 years after the departure of Sam Allardyce

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7180147.stm

Guest sicko2ndbest

For me it is Shearer or a massive name (Benitez, Mourinho, Hitzfeld).

Sacking Sam at this stage for anyone else is suicide

Shearer's too smart to consider stepping into the role yet. No way will he risk it.

The man is not an idiot, he knows he needs to gain experience from a couple of clubs before stepping into his dream job. Why jump in and risk his managerial career straight away with the most risky job in the prem!

I'd sooner have Shearer than Redknapp TBH. 

For me, what is important is that the next manager gets the time to do the job.  It's shocking that Allardyce has been sacked so soon IMO and only goes to show that the new regime is no more patient and strong willed than the last one.  With this in mind, either a World class manager who the fans believe in must be employed or Alan Shearer hero to all must be given the job.  Anything else and we'll be right back where we are now in another 13 months.

Wouldn't of hurt him to rule himself out a few months ago. There has been a Shearer shaped cloud over Allardyces head for months now.

No there hasn't that's just press speculating after the bad run of results. He's always ruled himself out. But I guess for the press and some people he needs to do it every single day.

Just saw this now, and yes Daveed, I'm continuing my crusade. Until Shearer says it himself, while under the influence of a birthday spell by that kid from Liar, Liar, I'm not jumping to any conclusions.

It's marvellous on this fence, people should join me.