What happens to Big Sam's signings now?

oldtype

Now that Big Sam's been sacked, what's going to happen to his signings?

I'm not even worried about the ones that've been shit, like Rozhenal, Smith, and Geremi. They'll either get better or be frozen out of the team by the new manager. (I'd hope that we'd see some improvement from Geremi, at least.)

But what about those who've been playing well, like Beye and Faye? Will Big Sam leaving have a negative effect on them?

I'm particularly worried about Faye. He seems to have a close relationship with Big Sam, and if I recall correctly he wanted out of Bolton as soon as Big Sam signed for us. Would hate for his preformances to go down now that Big Sam's gone.

Worried about Beye and Faye to be honest.

If we appoint a manager in January, and back him, it is likely that the new manager will look at the team and think: "Strikers fine, midfield fine, goalkeepers fine, defence......aah."

And then he'll go out and splash the money on hisown choice of defenders without Beye and Faye getting the chance to show what we know they can do, due to the ANC.

If we appoint a manager in January, and back him, it is likely that the new manager will look at the team and think: "Strikers fine, midfield fine, goalkeepers fine, defence......aah."

Only if it's likely we appoint a bad manager.

And then he'll go out and splash the money on hisown choice of defenders without Beye and Faye getting the chance to show what we know they can do, due to the ANC.

Unless Mort wanders down to the nearest zoo and appoints a baboon as a manager, I don't think he's going to reach this bizarre conclusion.

Unless Mort wanders down to the nearest zoo and appoints a baboon as a manager, I don't think he's going to reach this bizarre conclusion.

I'll be gutted if they don't appoint a foreign baboon.

allardyces signings will be in the same position as the rest. new manager comes in and decides who he'd like to keep and who he'll try and get rid of.

I think its particularly bad news for Barton.  Allardyce might have stuck by him but the new manager has no reason to.

The very minimum I would like to see from our new manager is to refuse to pick Smith anywhere other than Striker unless its an unavoidable crisis.

I think everyone would be worried to be honest, not just Sams players. Someone like Enrique will probably be chuffed he probably doesn't understand how someone can pay 6 mill to bring a player to a foreign country only to be kept on the bench by a Left Winger!

The very minimum I would like to see from our new manager is to refuse to pick Smith anywhere other than Striker unless its an unavoidable crisis.

I think everyone would be worried to be honest, not just Sams players. Someone like Enrique will probably be chuffed he probably doesn't understand how someone can pay 6 mill to bring a player to a foreign country only to be kept on the bench by a Left Winger!

Fergie played Smith as a midfielder.

As for Enrique, most proffessionals outside of Newcastle rate Milner and Duff, so the new guy may choose to stick with N'Zogbia at left back.

Sell them, was speaking to manu fans before who MISS Smith!

We can get rid of them without too much financial deficit, new manager, new ideas, can move players around without suspecting clubs finding out that they are just actually shite.

Funny, cos amidst the shock and speechlessness of the first hour since the news broke i thought to myself "atleast we won't get to see Smith every week." :D

or we might see a new smith, thats very good and getting goals regular.. :D :)

Funny, cos amidst the shock and speechlessness of the first hour since the news broke i thought to myself "atleast we won't get to see Smith every week." :D

or we might see a new smith, thats very good and getting goals regular.. :D :)

The new manager is going to buy another player called Smith????!!! Madness!

Scott Parker was 'rated' by managers in a similar way.

Robert and Bellamy were not rated by managers.

I reckon the fans generally have a fairly solid idea.

What happens now? - hopefully Barton gets the sack, and Smith gets dropped.

If Beye and Faye don't wonna stay thats pretty unprofessional.

Attendance at the ANC is compulsory. They don't have a choice.