Now We Shall See What Ashley Is Really Made Of

Tsunami

Guest elbee909

Fish fingers.

nice to see an adult reply :knuppel2:

Nice to see a child reply.

get to bed,school tomorrow ;D

Whoever says it's the best days of your life didn't go to my school. :)

just a thought for poor joey barton.

he must feel like s*** now,Sam signed him and was going to stick by him.

whats the future for barton now.

any new manager would'nt touch him for a gold pig.

Put him in a box. Float it down the Tyne and let the fates carry it wherever they may.

A bit like the beginning of Willow?

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a282/MFCLegacy/Misc/Willow-movie.jpg

Guest taff2727

i think we are all in for a major suprise tomorrow and i cant wait for the press conference at midday :clap2:

What?!?!?

sorry 1.30PM O0

Guest SeattleToon

Ashley has to:

a) sign a top-quality NON-ENGLISH manager

b) give them some $$$ to buy top quality players

The hard truth is that were are exactly where we should be with this squad (i.e. mid-table). We have a lot of average and slightly above average players, but not the quality of players needed to get back into the Champion's League. Aside from Owen, Given, and maybe Taylor & Beye, we don't have any players who would be starting for the likes of Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea, or Arsenal.

That's why we're stuck in mid-table, not because of who our manager is.

Unless Ashley starts splashing out the cash, whomever out next manager is won't do any better than Big Sam.

Ashley has to:

The hard truth is that were are exactly where we should be with this squad (i.e. mid-table). We have a lot of average and slightly above average players, but not the quality of players needed to get back into the Champion's League. Aside from Owen, Given, and maybe Taylor & Beye, we don't have any players who would be starting for the likes of Man United, Liverpool, Chelsea, or Arsenal.

Unless Ashley starts splashing out the cash, whomever out next manager is won't do any better than Big Sam.

Sorry, but Taylor wouldn't start in any of the mentioned 4 teams...

Ashley has to:

Sorry, but Taylor wouldn't start in any of the mentioned 4 teams...

Wouldn't make the bench.

Guest Brazilianbob

can't believe he would be that stupid to listen to those standing around him  :rolleyes: i mean, there are 50000 managers in the stand every game and they all 'think' they're better than the one who's technically qualified for it... there are limits to listening to what the fans want and i fear we've crossed that limit a bit too much these days... can't say i'm too happy with today's decision  :undecided: we'll see what the future brings...

Ashley has got eyes in his head so I don't think he has been unduly influenced by listening to the fans.

Sacking BS at this moment in time is a huge gamble for MA. From hereonin it is not only his club & his money but it will be his manager & his manager's choice of player & team.

Brave decision certainly & one that would suggest that he's here long term.

Whoever he brings in will need time, we must all give full support & the new manager must be given at least 2 or 3 years. This has to be a new start; we simply can not afford to have another false dawn.

Mike Ashley; you've made your first huge decision, good luck. Let's get behind the team. They'll certainly need it over the next few games.

Put this post in another thread if appropriate. I just wanted to hi-light the fact the Ashley has well & truly put his head over the parapet & we all need a united front.

Ashley's first huge decision will be based on who will be our next manager.

If he gives everything he can to bring Mourihno and then Mourihno is succesfull i think Ashley will become legend in Newcastle...but if we appoint Redknapp or Mclaren...well we all know what is going to happen because we watched this movie several times already in the past 3 years

Sacking BS at this moment in time is a huge gamble for MA. From hereonin it is not only his club & his money but it will be his manager & his manager's choice of player & team.

Brave decision certainly & one that would suggest that he's here long term.

Whoever he brings in will need time, we must all give full support & the new manager must be given at least 2 or 3 years. This has to be a new start; we simply can not afford to have another false dawn.

Mike Ashley; you've made your first huge decision, good luck. Let's get behind the team. They'll certainly need it over the next few games.

Put this post in another thread if appropriate. I just wanted to hi-light the fact the Ashley has well & truly put his head over the parapet & we all need a united front.

Ashley's first huge decision will be based on who will be our next manager.

If he gives everything he can to bring Mourihno and then Mourihno is succesfull i think Ashley will become legend in Newcastle...but if we appoint Redknapp or Mclaren...well we all know what is going to happen because we watched this movie several times already in the past 3 years

Agreed!!

MA and CM should do everything that it takes to get Mourinho to the club. It might cost alot but it could turn out to be a great investment in a few years. I mean if we can put almost £12M on Barton and Smith then trying for one of the best managers in the game atm might well be worth it alot more than a couple of players (especially Barton, Smith)

Just wanted to add that it's worth a serious try at least. If he Absolutely doesn't want the job then fine.

If Ashley has made a reactive, adhoc decision and hasn't got a top class manager lined up then to be fair in footballing terms we are back in the times of Shepherd and at least he backed his managers.

I may be panicking and listening too much to the press but I have a nagging feeling he is going to sign Redknapp or Hughes, which for me would be a massive mistake on the footballing side of things.

I await nervously....

Ashley needs to bring in a top manager the fans want and are happy with, otherwise its a uphill struggle from day 1.

Less people on here want Redknapp than did Allardyce, so he'll find it hard to be given time.

Needs to be a top foreign guy.

Guest sittingontheball

If they have someone better than Allardyce lined up (or can somehow rustle one up anyway), this has to be a good move.  As ever, ferk what the nationals say.  I bet most Spurs fans have forgotten what the press said when Jol got the boot. They're just happier to see signs of improvement on the field.

It was hard to see any progress under SA and I'm sure Ashley can afford to pay him off.

Look at the past managers and answer the question "do we need a world class manager?":

smith

ardilles

keegan***

dalglish

gullit

robson***

souness

roeder

allardice

Some sort of pattern there I think...

Look at the past managers and answer the question "do we need a world class manager?":

smith

ardilles

keegan***

dalglish

gullit

robson***

souness

roeder

allardice

Some sort of pattern there I think...

Not a bad point but spoiled by forgetting Keegan trophies Vs Dalglish trophies.

Guest Knightrider

Ashley - Freddy Shepherd with deeper pockets  :thdn:

Mort, the boardroom Glenn Roeder and Mike's puppet  :thdn:

Disgraced themselves this week.

Fuck off back to London - all three of them.