The Harry Redknapp thread

fredbob
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Shocked, slightly dissappointed, not unhappy or happy.

Added you an option.

Thank you. Redknapp... Dunno, if he makes us as solid as he has Pompey then ok, fine. Too much of a risk attached to that though, not guarenteed to do that. (Not that anyone is, but some are more likely than others)

Guest sicko2ndbest

We are a joke if this goes through.

No better than Allardyce; pathetic decision.

Why?

Ashley wants his own man, wasn't prepared to give Big Sam funds. Harrys record in the market is good, so with the cash Ashley will give him he can turn us around.

Understand your view that we are swapping like for like but when you think about it, it isnt

Big Sam decent manager again working on a shoe string

Harry decent manager with unlimited funds

I know which one i would take!

I'm not particularly enamoured about the prospect of Redknapp becoming manager, but if it makes Ashley keener to splash the cash then it will probably be a good thing for the club.

He would have splashed the cash regardless of who he brought in, imo, that's why he's sacked Allardyce. He wanted someone other than Sam spending his money.

Redknapp ffs.

Guest Knightrider

You sack a manager who plays boring football for one who plays attacking football, before the season ends.

Has an all too familiar Freddy Shepherd ring to it...

If this happens, my faith in the club will plummet to new depths, which I didn't think was possible following on from FS and Co.

You sack a manager who plays boring football for one who plays attacking football, before the season ends.

Has an all too familiar Freddy Shepherd ring to it...

If this happens, my faith in the club will plummet to new depths, which I didn't think was possible following on from FS and Co.

Yep. I'll have gone from faithful and patient to shit out of confidence in a matter of days.

Obviously, i'd back Harry cos he's done well when he's had money to spend, but i don't think he's a very good manager and i can't see him doing particularly well or lasting particularly long. (Well, he'll last ages in comparison to Allardyce).

Of course - this is purely if the ITKs are right.

I'm still not convinced he'll come. Think he's very happy where he is both professionally and in terms of his life.

You'd think so, wouldn't you? :undecided:

I concur. The logical side of me is winning out, like it always did for Spock. There's no way he's coming here. He's practically retired down there already. He'd have a heart attack as soon as he hit Scotch Corner.

I'm still not convinced he'll come. Think he's very happy where he is both professionally and in terms of his life.

Aye, don't fully trust this ITK given that it seems to come from the media.

I'd expect to see the private jet story, but I can see there being a lot of guessing still going on.

I'm not particularly enamoured about the prospect of Redknapp becoming manager, but if it makes Ashley keener to splash the cash then it will probably be a good thing for the club.

He would have splashed the cash regardless of who he brought in, imo, that's why he's sacked Allardyce. He wanted someone other than Sam spending his money.

Redknapp ffs.

I'm not so sure. Don't know for certain obviously but I'd be surprised if he sacked Allardyce for anyone but Allardyce. Think he would have decided who he wanted to entrust the money to before he got rid, personally.

Guest Knightrider

A Pompey fan on skunkers

Following lines should be expected...

"down to the bare bones f'sure"

"triffic team, would love to have some of the players they've got here" when refering to any other team in the league.

Don't expect to win in the Winter, would have said home form would be good and away form shite but it's the opposite for us this season so who knows.

A fair few lies too, when he rejoined us he said we'd be his last club. Hehe.

Enjoy.