The Harry Redknapp thread

fredbob
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Pompey fans saying that he is now on his way to newcastle

He better get a jog on if he's going to be down for 12

Guest Guinness

He hasn't called the press conference, it's the standard pre-match press conference that is always scheduled before the weekend's football. He will no doubt face a load of questions about his future though.

It's funny though that this morning they've been reporting he's on his way up here by car or plane...now he's doing an interview in Portsmouth in a bit...

aye, media just making shite up to get headlines when in reality they ain't got a clue what's going on or who's going to Newcastle

Fuck knows what he is going to do, he is dodgy as fuck, who leaves one team to join there rival only to see them relegated and rejoin the original team, all of which was surrounded in controversy. Yes i think he is a decent enough manager but shit like this and his willingness to comment on anything that has nothing to do with him makes me not want him as our manager.

I'd be content with Redknapp. I just find it baffling that people think this Newcastle job is attractive to a top manager. You can't please everyone but just look at some of the reactions of people in this thread. Some people have it in for him before he even takes charge of a game (if he does). It doesn't fucking help.

and getting behind a manager who won't bring success is EXACTLY what helps, yes?

Hwo can Spurs get Ramos, and we have to settle for fucking Redknapp??

I thought Ashley was better than this, to be honest.

The ridiculous "done well with no money, deserves a big club' is a fallacy spread by idiot journalists who kiss their mates' arses for them on a regualr basis.

I really don;t want Redknapp - i was really looking forward to the future, to getting a really good manager in, and being one of the fans happliy giving him time to turn his vision into a successful future for us.

As it is, if we get fucking Redknapp, no doubt he will suddenly becoem a world class manager, all the sleaze allegations will go away, and anyone who DARES question him will be called less of a fan - because we, as NUFC fans, are fucking idiots.

Redknapp coming in will be the emperors new clothes - many of us will realise its wrong, but we won't be allowed to say.

Fucking hell. :(

Out of curiousity, which managers would you be happy with?

Not defending anyone or anything here, I'm just genuinely interested in your opinion.

I'd be happy with a GOOD manager. One who showed he coudl take us forward. It takes no more than a few months to illustrate that you have the plan and the ability to do that - reference Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, 3 in a row who completely failed to do so.

Soemoen of the quality of Ramos, yes. Redknapp-quality, no.

Guest Big Spam

It's funny though that this morning they've been reporting he's on his way up here by car or plane...now he's doing an interview in Portsmouth in a bit...

aye, media just making s**** up to get headlines when in reality they ain't got a clue what's going on or who's going to Newcastle

I REALLY hope this is the case, cos I just don't see the point in getting Redknapp over Allardyce.. I just don't see him as an improvement!

I'm so very scared that the next six months will be exactly the same as the last six!

Could one of the reasons we may have gone for him be to keep Owen. Taken from another forum

"Speaking before Redknapp's Portsmouth thrashed Newcastle 4-1 at St James' Park in November, Owen said: "Harry has done a fantastic job building a strong squad.

"He is a very good manager who has done fantastically well at lots of clubs.

"He's had to wheel and deal and been very successful at it.

"But I'm sure that if you gave him a lot of money, he'd spend it wisely as well. Some people have got that knack."

The mixed emotions of relief and shame if he says we've offered him a fortune in wages and a huge transfer kitty to join us and he's turned us down...

Aye - kinda no win situation we're in with this I guess

The mixed emotions of relief and shame if he says we've offered him a fortune in wages and a huge transfer kitty to join us and he's turned us down...

I think he's already accepted it, we wouldn't have sacked Sam otherwise.

I'd be happy with a GOOD manager. One who showed he coudl take us forward. It takes no more than a few months to illustrate that you have the plan and the ability to do that - reference Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, 3 in a row who completely failed to do so.

Soemoen of the quality of Ramos, yes. Redknapp-quality, no.

Fair enough. And I agree with you completely, we need a manager of better quality than the averages of Premier League, if we are to aspire to something greater than being average, obviously.

I was more curious as to which specific names you had in mind, though, in the mould of Ramos et al.

Guest Guinness

I'd be deeply concerned if he's Ashley's first choice and he turns us down. As much as I think this is a sideways step from Allardyce I'm fearful of who we may turn to if he decides he doesn't want the job.

If it turns out he has been offered it and he turns us down, could you imagine it, Redknapp turns us down and then Ashley tries to get someone good...

MA: "Hi Jose, I was wondering if you would like the fantastic opportunity of managing Newcastle United?"

JM: "Would that be the same job you offered to Arthur Daley before me, a man who has won nothing, is on bail and would not move to Newcastle...hmmm, let me think about that????"