The Harry Redknapp thread

fredbob
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Just echo what other people have said, I'd be gutted with Redknapp! I'd much rather have Allardyce who I think would do a much better job long term. If this is true then just another nail in the coffin of football for me as you've got people like Redknapp who has done nothing to warrant the Newcastle job and the same with Grant at Chelsea getting jobs simply on the basis of who they know! You then get good managers like Benitez probably getting the boot! Crazy!

How the fuck would they know?  They probably said Martin O'Neill was a cert.  It ain't over till the (new) fat guy sings.

Hope you're right. It's obviously something from the morning's papers they are reporting.

any mug in london can pick up the next morning's papers from about 8:30pm at marble arch so if that were true they'd have reported it a lot earlier.

Guest Knightrider

:lol:

Hope those that were quick to get on Allardyce's back are satisfied with their handy work. To Big Sam what Roeder was to Souness.

SSN: "we understand the lure of managing such a huge club would be too hard to turn down"

stay strong harry, resist!

...think of your lifesytle, your house, the walks on the beach...I don't think he understands what it will be like...

Whenever I see SSN sure of something Newcastle-wise, I think to their breaking news banner from a few January's ago saying, "Henrik Larsson agrees pre-contract agreement with Newcastle" in the January before he joined Barcelona. Hopefully they're way off again.

"Newcastle in advanced contract talks with Sammy Kuffour"

Just echo what other people have said, I'd be gutted with Redknapp! I'd much rather have Allardyce who I think would do a much better job long term. If this is true then just another nail in the coffin of football for me as you've got people like Redknapp who has done nothing to warrant the Newcastle job and the same with Grant at Chelsea getting jobs simply on the basis of who they know! You then get good managers like Benitez probably getting the boot! Crazy!

100% agree. Lets hope sky have it wrong again.

If that fucking reserve player who shot Harry in the back of his could of been Roberto Carlos then we might have tried for a foreign coach instead. Mixed feelings for me, better than Mclaren and some other shit..

SSN: "we understand the lure of managing such a huge club would be too hard to turn down"

stay strong harry, resist!

...think of your lifesytle, your house, the walks on the beach...I don't think he understands what it will be like...

he'll have grey hair in a matter of weeks if he comes up here, we'll eat the ugly fucker for breakfast.

How the fuck would they know?  They probably said Martin O'Neill was a cert.  It ain't over till the (new) fat guy sings.

Hope you're right. It's obviously something from the morning's papers they are reporting.

any mug in london can pick up the next morning's papers from about 8:30pm at marble arch so if that were true they'd have reported it a lot earlier.

Maybe they've been rooting around with sources for the story. Would add up with that Skunkers ITK tbh.

Guest Pavel Is A Geordie

Well I'd be pretty happy with Harry Redknapp.

Has always got his teams playing good, entertaining football that have a go both home and away. Seems a canny enough bloke and knows the transfer market inside out. Got West Ham into Europe, albeit through the Intertoto Cup and spent well with the money he's had at Portsmouth. Despite Ashley's millions, we're never going to get the likes of Mourinho and this, in my opinion, is a decent realistic appointment.

I appreciate I'm very much in the minority here though!