Ashley has failed Newcastle United.

Parky

I've posted before that my boss knows Ashleys chief purchaser for Sports Direct.

Now he's left, but I'm seeing him tomorrow.

Any messages to pass on?

I'm passing a note simply saying. 'Do the decent thing, sell up now'.

I'm still supportive of the way he wanted the club to go in, but he's fucked it all up and lost the 2 most important assets the club has/had.

Keegan and the fans

Well, I was reading this and was going to reply when I got the news.

All I can say and its general not a reply to an excellent post there mate, is that I'm absolutely gutted, this is the first time a manager has walked out like this since McKeag and Westwoods days. Nobody can dispute this. So much for f***ing b****** Mike Ashley.

Keegan was the first manager to walk out like this since McKeag and Westwood but I don't see what that has to do with him walking out this time.

What a fucking laugh he is, watching the games with "King Kev" on the back of his shirt. Sell up to the Arabs, and let him cash in his 30 coins of silver.

Well, I was reading this and was going to reply when I got the news.

All I can say and its general not a reply to an excellent post there mate, is that I'm absolutely gutted, this is the first time a manager has walked out like this since McKeag and Westwoods days. Nobody can dispute this. So much for f***ing b****** Mike Ashley.

Keegan was the first manager to walk out like this since McKeag and Westwood but I don't see what that has to do with him walking out this time.

oh ffs go away

One thing I can't get my head round is whether or not Ashley wants to sell up. You would thing that with the Man City deal and the other money in the middle east just itching to be spent on a premier league club, that now was the ideal time to sell. So if he wanted to sell, surely spending another £10m or £20m in the summer window would have made us much more attractive to takeover, with us likely pushing for Europe. By not doing that does that mean there is a long term plan? Becasue if there was you would agin think it may involve success. The only conclusion I can come to is that they plan on making small amounts of money through TV deals and the like as well as buying potential, to sell on when at peak market value. Not a very sobering thought! So on that, I'm off to get very very drunk.

One thing I can't get my head round is whether or not Ashley wants to sell up. You would thing that with the Man City deal and the other money in the middle east just itching to be spent on a premier league club, that now was the ideal time to sell. So if he wanted to sell, surely spending another £10m or £20m in the summer window would have made us much more attractive to takeover, with us likely pushing for Europe. By not doing that does that mean there is a long term plan? Becasue if there was you would agin think it may involve success. The only conclusion I can come to is that they plan on making small amounts of money through TV deals and the like as well as buying potential, to sell on when at peak market value. Not a very sobering thought! So on that, I'm off to get very very drunk.

but even doing that it is hard to take money out of the company as there are no shares to pay dividends on and ashley doesn't collect a wage from NuFC. if he did take money out in that way he'd need every signing to pay off massivly to make up for the loss of revenus from the fans.

Well, i honestly dont know know what to make of it. The water is still obviously murky and its hard to say anything definitive positive or negative regarding peoples roles in this situation.

From the outset it does appear that Ashley and Co seem more responisble for what has happened and for that i am truly gutted that something that looked so promising a week ago is completely shattered.

I guess this whole thing was inevitable, the set up was not geared towards usings KK strengths.

Persoanlly, i have a horrible feeling not neccessary for the present and the sacking but more the immediate future. Ive never seen so many vitriolic statements towards the club in all my supporting of the club. I feel that this not only matches the furore of 2004 but also massively overshadows it, the problem lies with the next appointment, assessing it from the outside it seems clear to me that replacing Keegan will be a near impossible task. There will only be 2 options, Shearer or a huge World class manager, if its anyone other than those then i feel our support will suffer irreparable damage, not only from the fans but the players as well. The effects of this lack of support could be devasting, there just seems to be so many splinters to this particular piece of wood, i actually think that this could be an unmitigated disaster.

Well, i honestly dont know know what to make of it. The water is still obviously murky and its hard to say anything definitive positive or negative regarding peoples roles in this situation.

From the outset it does appear that Ashley and Co seem more responisble for what has happened and for that i am truly gutted that something that looked so promising a week ago is completely shattered.

I guess this whole thing was inevitable, the set up was not geared towards usings KK strengths.

Persoanlly, i have a horrible feeling not neccessary for the present and the sacking but more the immediate future. Ive never seen so many vitriolic statements towards the club in all my supporting of the club. I feel that this not only matches the furore of 2004 but also massively overshadows it, the problem lies with the next appointment, assessing it from the outside it seems clear to me that replacing Keegan will be a near impossible task. There will only be 2 options, Shearer or a huge World class manager, if its anyone other than those then i feel our support will suffer irreparable damage, not only from the fans but the players as well. The effects of this lack of support could be devasting, there just seems to be so many splinters to this particular piece of wood, i actually think that this could be an unmitigated disaster.

I just think they ie Ashley, are a bunch of clueless cnuts and what they are attempting to do just won't work unless they can find a complete one off like Wenger.

So the sooner they go the better.

KK agrees, he knows how it is in this country, he had his principles that he was always going to stick by, and he was fighting a losing battle.

If Ashley wants to run a winning football team at little cost and risk, he should have bought a smaller club, probably in the lower leagues, filled it with cheap shit like his shops then sold it for a profit if he managed to get it winning.

Ashley obviously isnt gonna spend any big bucks on getting NUFC to the top. Even an idiot knows he's just lost his top 2 assets - the fans and KK.

Fuck knows what he's playing at, but he is certainly pissing around the toon fans. Feel really sorry for anybody who has just put £500+ plus into the cockney cunts pocket on season tickets.

Guest alexharrisonnufc

why didn't they just let the man get to what he is best at.

I dont want us to turn into La Liga X1 under these Plebs

why didn't they just let the man get to what he is best at.

I dont want us to turn into La Liga X1 under these Plebs

You are right. We don't need tits like Jonas or Xisco when we had good lads like Smith and Duff on 60 grand a week.

From www.newcastlebanter.co.uk

Keegan and Ashley: Triumph and Betrayal

By Neil Farrington on Sep 4, 08 10:58 PM in

SO farewell then, Kevin Keegan - and congratulations.

Congratulations not only on leaving Tyneside - surely, for the last time - with your integrity intact.

No, congratulations on achieving arguably - hopefully - the greatest triumph of your career at Newcastle United simply by walking away from St James's Park . . .

And so exposing the businessmen - businessmen? - who purport to run the club (and so serve the most deserving fans in football) as the witless, conniving, mostly absent fools they are.

Cowards too, even if my strong belief that none of them will show their face any time soon in the city they have so callously betrayed is mistaken.

For even those few Geordies who felt no emotional pull towards Keegan; even outsiders who habitually gawp at St James's like rubberneckers passing a car crash; cannot deny that the conduct of Newcastle's so-called hierarchy this week - not to mention recent months - has been disgraceful.

For two-and-a-half days, Mike Ashley and his goons left a city which lives and breathes football gasping in a vacuum of rumour, speculation and fear.

Then they cast that proud town into misery with a pitiless cruelty that bodes worse still for United in the months ahead.

Apparently, that's simply the way Mr Ashley does business; the way he got to be the man he is . . . a sad, wannabe football fan and social adolescent (necking a pint in one, indeed).

Well,, I am pretty sure he has just made one of the worst business decisions of his life.

Having sown an ill wind, he must now reap the whirlwind.

Sure, he will have little trouble persuading the outsiders whose fascination with the Newcastle circus grows ever more morbid to switch their attention to the question of Keegan's successor.

Why, with more false promises, he might even tempt a credible character - from abroad, most probably - to take the job, Dennis Wise and all.

But I reckon Ashley's hopes of making a tidy profit from his ruinous flirtation with football followed Keegan out the door.

And even he should know that Newcastle itself will never forget the events of September 2008, or his part in them.

And will never forgive.

If Ashley acknowledges that fact - and his loyalty to Wise and co above Keegan suggests a detachment from reality - his backside may drop so fast and far in the next few days that he bails out of football to the first bidder.

Shame on him that he has left a city praying for such small mercies.

Congratulations not only on leaving Tyneside - surely, for the last time - with your integrity intact.

No, congratulations on achieving arguably - hopefully - the greatest triumph of your career at Newcastle United simply by walking away from St James's Park . . .

And so exposing the businessmen - businessmen? - who purport to run the club (and so serve the most deserving fans in football) as the witless, conniving, mostly absent fools they are.

Cowards too, even if my strong belief that none of them will show their face any time soon in the city they have so callously betrayed is mistaken.

For even those few Geordies who felt no emotional pull towards Keegan; even outsiders who habitually gawp at St James's like rubberneckers passing a car crash; cannot deny that the conduct of Newcastle's so-called hierarchy this week - not to mention recent months - has been disgraceful.

For two-and-a-half days, Mike Ashley and his goons left a city which lives and breathes football gasping in a vacuum of rumour, speculation and fear.

Then they cast that proud town into misery with a pitiless cruelty that bodes worse still for United in the months ahead.

Apparently, that's simply the way Mr Ashley does business; the way he got to be the man he is . . . a sad, wannabe football fan and social adolescent (necking a pint in one, indeed).

Well,, I am pretty sure he has just made one of the worst business decisions of his life.

Sure, he will have little trouble persuading the outsiders whose fascination with the Newcastle circus grows ever more morbid to switch their attention to the question of Keegan's successor.

Why, with more false promises, he might even tempt a credible character - from abroad, most probably - to take the job, Dennis Wise and all.

But I reckon Ashley's hopes of making a tidy profit from his ruinous flirtation with football followed Keegan out the door.

And even he should know that Newcastle itself will never forget the events of September 2008, or his part in them.

And will never forgive.

If Ashley acknowledges that fact - and his loyalty to Wise and co above Keegan suggests a detachment from reality - his backside may drop so fast and far in the next few days that he bails out of football to the first bidder.

The worrying thing about Ashley for me is how impulsive he seems. He bought the club in 3 days because it came available. He 'heard' KK would return so got it done in a flash. The man's the epitome of carpe diem which worries me because you don't know what he'll decide to do with the club.

There are some seriously hard times ahead.

Ashley has to go now, acts like a fan, but betrays all of us in the end, better sell the club to a decent person who knows what the fans want, and respects the fans

dennis wise has to go to, asap. can't we just grab them and trow them in the river or something

My Shearer 9 shirt is put away, and I'm signing off. It'll be hard, if not impossible, to stay away from EPL. Doubt I'll find a new club, so I might be back when Ashley's sold on and we've stabilized... thank you, you are without any doubt the best fans in the world. Take care!

And will never forgive.

Cracking article and over the next few days and weeks there will be more of the same and dare i say it the nationals will get stuck in and i for one will love it .

And will never forgive.

:clap: