Redknapp rejects Newcastle or Newcastle reject Redknapp?

Dokko

If Harry gave enough encouragement to Mort and Ashley that he would come that they sacked Allardyce and formally approached Pompey for Harry for him to then do a U turn and to go public with that U turn is totally piss. Im assuming of course that the board had a plan and Redknapp was the first choice.

We are back in familiar territory now that whoever we now approach knows that they are second choice. I have a terrible feeling this is yet another almighty cock up but we will end up with Shearer. There was interesting article in telegraph before Sam went advocating a Shearer/Newell partnership

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml;jsessionid=UBQA0KDW5XTLLQFIQMFSFFWAVCBQ0IV0?xml=/sport/2008/01/06/sfnpad106.xml

Someone with some experience if Shearer himself does a U turn and takes the job on

I can't believe that Mort/ Ashley would be so niaive to have sacked Sam without thinking Harry was in the bag. Big embarrassments to them both. This is a shambles but not a disaster. Harry wouldn't have been my 1st choice.

Hahaha. What a joke

Even the Spurs board had someone lined up before sacking Jol, didnt they? I wonder if they'll go for him now. Martin Jol. FFS

Maclaren won won more trophy and got to one more european final than Redknapp and Allardyce.

seriously Smac isn't as bad as you think- his teams are organised and tough to beat. He'll win games but entertaining? hand on heart, can list on one hand the number of games i walked away from the riverside with a spring in my step under him.

steve round, his no.2 of choice, is already there as is Paul Barron.

Wouldn't you be better getting SBR to mind the shop until the end of the season?

Maclaren won won more trophy and got to one more european final than Redknapp and Allardyce.

seriously Smac isn't as bad as you think- his teams are organised and tough to beat. He'll win games but entertaining? hand on heart, can list on one hand the number of games i walked away from the riverside with a spring in my step under him.

Wouldn't you be better getting SBR to mind the shop until the end of the season?

I thought you lot bloody hated the fella?

Please dont even joke about Maclaren,im still picking the hard pieces of vomit out of my keyboard from the last time he was suggested.

I honestly can't think of anyone worse right now.

:lol: Shut up man.

We'd be better getting someone in like that for the short term and setting out to capture who we really need in the summer.

4 pundits talking utter s**** in the football focus studio. They think it's all about not playing attractive football.  :rolleyes:

An on SSN they're saying we only want someone connected with the area in charge.

Fucking sick of tossers telling me what i think tbh.

Could do worse than SBR to mind the shop to the end of the season, if his health is up to it. Then use him to advise who we approach to take over in the summer which would also give us the opportunity to make up for what happened with him by moving him upstairs a club president post or something similar. Would prefer this although not ideal to 2nd 3rd 4th or 5th choice manager being appointed and money thrown at him in the hop that it will all turn out right

Has anyone mentioned Sanchez Flores? I'm guessing there is no way Mort or Ashley would have a clue who he is... I suppose the only person they'll give money to is someone they trust which means someone they've heard of... Gutted

4 pundits talking utter s**** in the football focus studio. They think it's all about not playing attractive football.  :rolleyes:

An on SSN they're saying we only want someone connected with the area in charge.

f****** sick of tossers telling me what i think tbh.

Alan McNally is proving to be a true friend to Sam.

'Alot of his signings, certainly the defensive ones, haven't been good enough.' - Paul Walsh.

:lol:

Sam's only decent signings were defensive ones.

Yes but Rozy, Cacapa & Enrique have been a waste of time, you could include Geremi in that as well.

So 2 out of 6, not great is it?

'Alot of his signings, certainly the defensive ones, haven't been good enough.' - Paul Walsh.

Yes but Rozy, Cacapa & Enrique have been a waste of time, you could include Geremi in that as well.

No, it's not great, but he didn't make a solitary 'decent' signing in midfield or attack.

No, it's not great, but he didn't make a solitary 'decent' signing in midfield or attack.

What you on about? Barton's been great when attacking.

What has it all been about? I know we have had an easier first half to the season fixture wise than previously but we also have the best points total for this time of year for a few seasons, although we could have been sucked into a bit of relegation struggle dont think that would have happened. Seems to me the team lacked creativity and pace which could have been addressed this transfer window (the clock is ticking).

;D

Has anyone mentioned Sanchez Flores? I'm guessing there is no way Mort or Ashley would have a clue who he is... I suppose the only person they'll give money to is someone they trust which means someone they've heard of... Gutted

Why do you keep assuming only the fans have heard of everyone and MA & CM does not have a clue? MA hs more at stake than any of us and I'm sure he can afford to buy Football Manager too

Why do you keep assuming only the fans have heard of everyone and MA & CM does not have a clue? MA hs more at stake than any of us and I'm sure he can afford to buy Football Manager too

Purely judging them on their actions...