Toon turning to Shearer and Keegan

stozo

I'd like to point out that we aren't aiming for what we used to be.

When Keegan was here last time we were after title, therefore the expectation (position wise) will be far less. Right now we are looking for UEFA cup football and upwards, something which i believed to be absolutely realistic should Keegan be rehired as manager (something i'm not particularly in support of).

Thing is Keegan as a man would never settle for second best.

Would that be a good or bad thing right now ?

Shearer should try and get Darlington into the Campionship before taking over here.

I disagree, tbh. Managing a lower league team is nowt like managing a Premier League team. Just because you can do one, doesn't necessarily mean you can do the other.

Well why is the cunt fucking around on telly??!! Why isn't he a No.2 or Coach at some European club or Championship Club? Why isn't he getting his hands dirty learning his trade? He thinks  :smug: I'll just take over at SJP when the fuck I feel like it. Would be a mistake he isn't ready and he isn't even trying to be ready bar a couple of piss easy turn up and talk shit certificates and his first aid badge. No.

Shearer should try and get Darlington into the Campionship before taking over here.

I disagree, tbh. Managing a lower league team is nowt like managing a Premier League team. Just because you can do one, doesn't necessarily mean you can do the other.

Well why is the c*** f****** around on telly??!! Why isn't he a No.2 or Coach at some European club or Championship Club? Why isn't he getting his hands dirty learning his trade? He thinks  :smug: I'll just take over at SJP when the f*** I feel like it. Would be a mistake he isn't ready and he isn't even trying to be ready bar a couple of piss easy turn up and talk s*** certificates and his first aid badge. No.

:cheesy:

Guest elbee909

Well why is the cunt fucking around on telly??!! Why isn't he a No.2 or Coach at some European club or Championship Club? Why isn't he getting his hands dirty learning his trade? He thinks  :smug: I'll just take over at SJP when the fuck I feel like it. Would be a mistake he isn't ready and he isn't even trying to be ready bar a couple of piss easy turn up and talk shit certificates and his first aid badge. No.

Agreed.

I remember the excitement when Gullit took charge. The "We Love Sexy Football" banners, the dreadlocked wigs, the "Clog on the Tyne" puns...then within 90 minutes we were stuffed 4-1.

Relevant?

I was replying to li3nz's point about the feel good factor before kick-off if Shearer & Keegan take over. Will mean very little if on their first game they're gubbed though won't it.

I genuinely believe the atmosphere will be on a level we have never seen before at this ground. I don't think we will "get grubbed" and wouldn't be surprised to see the atmosphere reflected on the players performance... maybe in a typical Keegan'esque "entertainers" wave after wave of attack, but this is dreamland stuff.... my point is the way our supporters used to get behind the team back then really did make a huge difference, as much as it is an overused saying we really were the 12th man and I think it will take a figurehead such as keegan or shearer to bring this back.

we'd not lose unless we come up against a profesionall football team who believe in ability and coaching rather than mythical atmosphere's for winning games

This is the point though. f****** David Copperfield could manage us, never mind Mourinho - the way things are he wouldn't be able to get a decent performance out of that lot. We need more than one of these so called tactical genius phenonenon's (by the way, I think this label is as mythical as it gets) they can't do anything with our club, we are in an extremely depressed state.

By the way re: the other point about players reporting to Keegan, discipline etc, if Shearer was ultimately in charge I am in no doubt they would do anthing he said. If he told them to run through the wall they would knock the whole building down doing it.

Erm, not all players - whisper it, but not even all NEWCASTLE players - have the same pathetic deification problem with Shaerer that some NUFC fans do.

He was a very good player, who clearly loved NUFC. There is f*** all to say that he would be a good manager (there are lots of as good and better players who did not do well at all), and f*** all to say players would revere him like some NUFC fans do.

He's not a f****** magician, we have no idea what he is like tactically, what he'd be like with transfers etc. I'd rather we got an actually GOOD manager in, and acted like a proper football club, and not a bunch of misty-eyed, fantasising fanboys.

And as for someone else's comments about him being earmarked for the job - by WHO, exactly??

D - I - S - C - O

I see the point you are trying to make but it's not something I can contest with you because I have never bought this "Uber Coach" nonsense, football is a very simple game. The successful managers, by and large, have won trophies with successful clubs ANYWAY, that have always won trophies! Not clubs that have won nowt for half a decade!

Going by this logic, to appoint our proven successful managaer, we would need to find someone that has taken over a club in an incredibly depressed state, that has not won anything in their lifetime, and has brought success. It doesn't happen. Gerrard Houllier won 5 trophies (OK, one was the Charity Shield, so "only 4") with Liverpool, could he do the same with us or even come close? Could he bollocks! We would just be moving sideways.

Look at Sam Allardyce, he was meant to be good...

So you think all that a successful coach at NEwcastle needs is to be loved by the fans, have been a good footballer?

You don't think that experience in management, expereince of winning things, tactical knowledge, transfer dealingsm etc, are slightly more important than being a good footballer who used to play for us??

As for Fat Sam, no, he wasn't "supposed to be good". Only idiots thought he'd be taking us to the promised land, based on f*** all.

You never answered my question. You are also not understanding the point a lot of us are making, or seem to understand where we are coming from. By the way, I can see what you are saying, but... well I (personally) disagree, so we will have to agree to diagree and hope that whatever happens proves to be the best solution regardless.

Can you do one thing and name a manager on this planet, who you think will be able to reverse the depression within the club and make the changes required without spending Chelski style (this is never going to happen) ? Purely out of interest, I am not fishing for something to shoot.

Will have to agree to disagree on this one, hopefully

Keegan's the Roy Munson of football.

Cheers for the memories and all that, but no thanks.

Yes.

And you were how old when he was in charge?  :smug:

What's your point? I never said the era wasn't brilliant did i? I've also seen him go through other clubs and resign in every single one of them, stop living in the past.

Yes.

What's your point? I never said the era wasn't brilliant did i? I've also seen him go through other clubs and resign in every single one of them, stop living in the past.

I never gave an opinion on him either way, so I don't know where 'stop living in the past', is coming from.  O0

Yes.

I never gave an opinion on him either way, so I don't know where 'stop living in the past', is coming from.  O0

I suggest you start posting about the topic then, anything else doesn't matter.

Yes.

Do you just fancy foreign blokes? Luque, Enrique, and now you want an exotic looking man so you can make a collage looking wallpaper that you can wank over.

Setanta wheel some fat bloke called Graham Fenton out for the cameras to talk up Shearer.

How dare you be that rude to the assistant manager of the Blyth Spartans.

Makes him more qualified than Shearer to manage us then. I say bring Tommy Cassidy from Blue Star as DoF, Bogie from Gateshead as manager, with Fenton his Assistant. Geordie Dream Team there man.

Setanta wheel some fat bloke called Graham Fenton out for the cameras to talk up Shearer.

How dare you be that rude to the assistant manager of the Blyth Spartans.

Makes him more qualified than Shearer to manage us then. I say bring Tommy Cassidy from Blue Star as DoF, Bogie from Gateshead as manager, with Fenton his Assistant. Geordie Dream Team there man.

You've got it!  :clap2:

Yes.

Do you just fancy foreign blokes? Luque, Enrique, and now you want an exotic looking man so you can make a collage looking wallpaper that you can w*** over.

Harsh, but funny. Latino lover?

Yes.

Do you just fancy foreign blokes? Luque, Enrique, and now you want an exotic looking man so you can make a collage looking wallpaper that you can wank over.

Since when did i care what you thought mate? You're obviously interested about what i think, I'm sorry i can't return the favour  :thup:

If Keegan is given the job again, we should make him come down the Tyne is a super speed boat.  The helicopter thing has been done to death now.

I was thinking a bungee jump over the centre circle of St Jame's with Keegan in a black and white boiler suit!