Toon turning to Shearer and Keegan

stozo

The new manager needs time.

Shearer/Keegan/both would get time.

Any other manager would get no more than a few months before fans turned if there wasn't instant change.

Simple as really.

Are you saying if we aren't in the top 8 within 4 months a manager like Hughes will be under huge pressure?

Nope he'll have until atleast this time next season to prove himself. This season is a write-off. I don't expect much from here till May.

Look at Allardyce. No different to Hughes, if he doesn't do better, people will be on his back too. It's how things work at this club now.

One thing Keegan is never acknowledged for is that the 3 clubs that he got promoted playing good football have all managed (so far) to stay in the Premiership.

First season with Man City he took them up with a record breaking points total and scored 125 (125!) goals in the process. The next season he took them to 9th in the Premiership.

If someone did that now who wasn't Kevin Keegan, the media would be jizzing all over him.

Guest Knightrider

KK would put us back into the top 6 in my opinion. Yes he has had his day and I'd rather not but this club has shown it isn't ready to give an unknown which Hughes is some time to find out. At least KK would get the blessing and support of the fans and we'd know where we all stood. KK + money = good players + good football which giving the inconsistency of the Premiership outside of the top 4 with the added backdrop of a buzzing united support/city = top 6 at least.

Guest Knightrider

One thing Keegan is never acknowledged for is that the 3 clubs that he got promoted playing good football have all managed (so far) to stay in the Premiership.

First season with Man City he took them up with a record breaking points total and scored 125 (125!) goals in the process. The next season he took them to 9th in the Premiership.

If someone did that now who wasn't Kevin Keegan, the media would be jizzing all over him.

He's actually a good manager, aye he's limited but Hughes is too.

I must of missed the Steve Coppell wankfest then as he broke Keegan's record points total and took Reading to 8th in his first season in the Premiership with them.

I must of missed the Steve Coppell wankfest then as he broke Keegan's record points total and took Reading to 8th in his first season in the Premiership with them.

There kind of was actually, was he not heavily touted for / receive manager of the year?

The problem with Coppell was that he couldn't handle the pressure when he got a big job like Man Ci... oh...

Guest Knightrider

he also spent alot of money, all 3 times.

No more than any other club has spent to reach the summit of the Premiership or in Man City's case to get out of the second tier and into mid-table safety and European football. Everton have spent a fortune recently, Spurs have too. That's what a manager needs to do to achieve something. People talk as if KK spending money was a bad thing. I'm sure Man City fans didn't mind seeing the likes of Anelka play for them when only a few years before they were in the old 2nd division and who without KK would probably still be in the championship today or just another mackems, up and down.

Any other manager would get no more than a few months before fans turned if there wasn't instant change.

Simple as really.

Are you saying if we aren't in the top 8 within 4 months a manager like Hughes will be under huge pressure?

Nope he'll have until atleast this time next season to prove himself. This season is a write-off. I don't expect much from here till May.

Look at Allardyce. No different to Hughes, if he doesn't do better, people will be on his back too. It's how things work at this club now.

Like I keep saying. Sam's brand of football along with strange tactics was ultimately his downfall not just the results. He also made some very shite signings, these all attributed to him being hounded.

Guest Knightrider

You did, he was touted for the England job and the media couldn't stop talking about what a great job he was doing every other week. Even now they roll out the cliches.

At least there was a good team when KK left, why no one will ever know its only after when all the team got sold off we fell apart. I dont know maybe KK was told that there would have to  be cuts to the team costs and he knew there was no hope of going any place but downwards. Of course I could be wrong and Kenny could have come in and thought Ill sell all these half decent players and get a load of old duffers in on a free (Barnes, Rush). I could see KK wanting to return if he truly loves the Toon it must tug at his heart. But then time moves on and would he be able to do it second time round I dont know but from what has been said by 2 ex managers I would not be surprised if he suddenly found his hands tied and Kenny also found his hands tied.

Please give it to King Kev...he loves the club and he has a bubbly personality which i think would rub off well with the players and we might be able to once again enjoy watching this football club.....he'll even get a second crack at sorting that defence out  ;D

Guest Knightrider

Simple as really.

Like I keep saying. Sam's brand of football along with strange tactics was ultimately his downfall not just the results. He also made some very shite signings, these all attributed to him being hounded.

Have you seen Blackburn? They are not exactly a footballing team. They are more Bolton than Portsmouth or what our fans have quite clearly shown they want - attacking football. Under Hughes it would be much of the same, lots of scrapping and battling with the odd decent performance in terms of football.

Has Keegan been doing anything since City? Other than this circus thing, that I'm too scared to open the site of.

http://www.soccercircus.com/  mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

"The SoccerCircus is a must if you've ever dreamed of becoming a profesional footballer"

"Whether it's a Soccer Circus visit, a surprise Birthday Party or a full scale Corporate Event, we need to know every last detail to make it an event to remember. Our staff will be only to happy to help describe the event packages we have available, and also go through basic details such as dates, times, numbers and catering requirements."

No more than any other club has spent to reach the summit of the Premiership or in Man City's case to get out of the second tier and into mid-table safety and European football. Everton have spent a fortune recently, Spurs have too. That's what a manager needs to do to achieve something. People talk as if KK spending money was a bad thing. I'm sure Man City fans didn't mind seeing the likes of Anelka play for them when only a few years before they were in the old 2nd division and who without KK would probably still be in the championship today or just another mackems, up and down.

What Everton fortune? Yakubu apart who has cost more than £8million?

Blackburn qualified for Europe for alot less money than what KK managed.

You fail to mention KK nearly getting Man City relegated and being one of the reasons why they where skint by the time he left.

The man has never had prolonged success in his life.

Guest Knightrider

Anyway...

Mark Hughes = sideways step.

Will need time and lots of money probably even more than the last manager needed.

No logic whatsoever in his appointment other than he's next down the ladder from Redknapp. If we are to appoint such a manager I'd rather we took a risk on KK or Shearer, at least I can feel good about those two and get really behind them. With Hughes I don't think I can stomach another round of defence when you lot get on his back when we fail to land the title in his first game.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Simple as really.

Like I keep saying. Sam's brand of football along with strange tactics was ultimately his downfall not just the results. He also made some very s**** signings, these all attributed to him being hounded.

Have you seen Blackburn? They are not exactly a footballing team. They are more Bolton than Portsmouth or what our fans have quite clearly shown they want - attacking football. Under Hughes it would be much of the same, lots of scrapping and battling with the odd decent performance in terms of football.

No it wouldn't. Blackburn attack weaker sides and actually put them to the sword. Against Bolton and Derby they dominated and were a cut above. Completely different scenario to Sam.

Hughes at Blackburn has had less money than Sam did at Bolton and plays far superior football.

Has Keegan been doing anything since City? Other than this circus thing, that I'm too scared to open the site of.

http://www.soccercircus.com/  mackems.gif mackems.gif mackems.gif

"The SoccerCircus is a must if you've ever dreamed of becoming a profesional footballer"

"Whether it's a Soccer Circus visit, a surprise Birthday Party or a full scale Corporate Event, we need to know every last detail to make it an event to remember. Our staff will be only to happy to help describe the event packages we have available, and also go through basic details such as dates, times, numbers and catering requirements."

we should see if we can martins signed up for that, especially the 'worlds first football shooting gallery'

They would indeed. The fact as I can see is that he saved us twice when we were f&&&&d. Why not a third? Its a track record of success with us. I realize that there were no trophies but 2nd in the PL would be a great place to be right now.

What Everton fortune? Yakubu apart who has cost more than £8million?

Andy Johnson?