FFF president 'reassured' Houllier not moving to Tyneside

NSG

Vaan Gaal with loads of cash behind him would be awsome!

Arrogant as f*** as well, get him in!

So glad we dodged the Harry crapknapp bullet, je would have been no differen't.

Top foriegn coach loads of money behind him!  Can attract the top name players and has a supurb scouting system!

Step up Luis Van Gaal your time has come!

off mouriho then?

Vaan Gaal with loads of cash behind him would be awsome!

Arrogant as f*** as well, get him in!

So glad we dodged the Harry crapknapp bullet, je would have been no differen't.

Top foriegn coach loads of money behind him!  Can attract the top name players and has a supurb scouting system!

Step up Luis Van Gaal your time has come!

off mouriho then?

Nope would love him but it ain't going to happen

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swansea_city/7185930.stm

Sir John Hall has suggested that managerless Newcastle could consider Swansea City boss Roberto Martinez as a candidate to go to St James' Park.

The Magpies life president and former chairman told BBC 5 Live's Sportsweek that Martinez might be an outside bet.

"Do you go for a big name, like the (Guus) Hiddinks, or do you try and find someone who can give us the football we had under (Kevin) Keegan," Hall said.

"There's the Swansea manager, Martinez, who seems to be turning them around."

Swansea are flying high in League One this season, three points clear of Nottingham Forest at the top of the table and with a game in hand.

The south Wales club maintained their momentum on Saturday by overcoming a spirited Luton, beating the financially stricken club 3-1 at Kenilworth Road.

Swansea had their own brush with liquidation in 2002 and Martinez has every sympathy with the Hatters' plight.

"It's a sad situation, a club like Luton Town with a huge history, to be in this situation and I think we all feel for them," Martinez said.

"We hope they will turn the corner very quickly and they will have a bright future."

Step away from the crack pipe old man.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swansea_city/7185930.stm

Sir John Hall has suggested that managerless Newcastle could consider Swansea City boss Roberto Martinez as a candidate to go to St James' Park.

The Magpies life president and former chairman told BBC 5 Live's Sportsweek that Martinez might be an outside bet.

"Do you go for a big name, like the (Guus) Hiddinks, or do you try and find someone who can give us the football we had under (Kevin) Keegan," Hall said.

"There's the Swansea manager, Martinez, who seems to be turning them around."

Swansea are flying high in League One this season, three points clear of Nottingham Forest at the top of the table and with a game in hand.

The south Wales club maintained their momentum on Saturday by overcoming a spirited Luton, beating the financially stricken club 3-1 at Kenilworth Road.

Swansea had their own brush with liquidation in 2002 and Martinez has every sympathy with the Hatters' plight.

"It's a sad situation, a club like Luton Town with a huge history, to be in this situation and I think we all feel for them," Martinez said.

"We hope they will turn the corner very quickly and they will have a bright future."

Step away from the crack pipe old man.

:lol:

Considering that we're looking for a "long term" manager, Hitzfeld and Houllier are both a bit old for the job aern't they? Granted, same age as Redknapp, but that's why I think we shouldn't have been looking at him in the first place.

Hitzfeld would be the best appointment and bring the fans together

wont happen though will be Hughes

Hitzfeld did go a bit loopy a couple of years ago not sure if his delicate constitution could take it.

I would approch Hiddink and pay him over the odds. He likes money and I am sure he will jump up. His teams play attractivly and he is very successful at wherever he is and speaks good English. With his appointment we will get the third best coach in the league which is not a small feet by any means.

I would approch Hiddink and pay him over the odds. He likes money and I am sure he will jump up. His teams play attractivly and he is very successful at wherever he is and speaks good English. With his appointment we will get the third best coach in the league which is not a small feet by any means.

I'd even let him stay with Russia till the euro's are over

In reference to having a "German" manager, the opposition fans would have a belting time with ditties such as:

Hitzfeld has only got one ball

the other is in the Albert hall...etc

The tune to dad's army, changing hitler for hitzfeld...

I wonder if anyone could make up our own affectionate xenophobic ditty???

What part of "Hitzfeld is only interested in the Swiss job" do people not understand?

Any of it by the looks of it, at least we're looking at better options which is just as important.

Tbf we dont know that, its just more media rubbish imo. They havent got a clue so they are just pulling names out of a hat

Tbf we dont know that, its just more media rubbish imo. They havent got a clue so they are just pulling names out of a hat

Its media talk based on Mort taking out the bit which was attributed to him saying that the manager must be British, or words to that effect.