Souness On Sky Now

Tooj

I'd like to hear NE5's views on these comments by Souness  :iamatwat:

As NE5 has made clear he is not some sort of protector of Shepherd. He believes that the last crowd in charge were better than previous crowd & wants people to realise this. That is how I read him anyway. I am sure if what Souey is saying is true he will be as hacked off as anyone else because he is Newcastle United supporter.

"Galatasaray, Glasgow Rangers, Liverpool and Benfica are all bigger clubs than Newcastle..."

And for a minute there, I was beginning to feel ever so slightly empathetic with the man. But then he had to go and say that...

"Galatasaray, Glasgow Rangers, Liverpool and Benfica are all bigger clubs than Newcastle..."

And for a minute there, I was beginning to feel ever so slightly empathetic with the man. But then he had to go and say that...

Do you not think he was right though? It wasnt if he bunged Torino, Blackburn & Southampton above us.

Do you not think he was right though? It wasnt if he bunged Torino, Blackburn & Southampton above us.

Oh I'm not sure I could actually be arsed to argue the point, tbh...mainly because deep down I think I realise he's right. Still hurts like fuck to have that reality rubbed in your face though. Especially at a time like this. :(

Oh I'm not sure I could actually be arsed to argue the point, tbh...mainly because deep down I think I realise he's right. Still hurts like f*** to have that reality rubbed in your face though. Especially at a time like this. :(

It wasn't good TV watching the club you support getting talked down.

Oh I'm not sure I could actually be arsed to argue the point, tbh...mainly because deep down I think I realise he's right. Still hurts like f*** to have that reality rubbed in your face though. Especially at a time like this. :(

Schadenfreude is as much a part of the sport as free kicks and dodgy penalties though. :(

Schadenfreude is as much a part of the sport as free kicks and dodgy penalties though. :(

Talking of Schadenfreude, Souey did say " people who are professional agitators on the outside of the club, ex-employees of the club and journalists, seem to take great pleasure in causing the club a problem"

Talking of Schadenfreude, Souey did say " people who are professional agitators on the outside of the club, ex-employees of the club and journalists, seem to take great pleasure in causing the club a problem"

Aye, I didn't see the interview myself, but when I read that on here I instantly thought how deeply ironic that statement was...having just stuck the boot in himself. The twat.

Guest sittingontheball

He's always come across well in the media though, Souness. He still took the team backwards after SBR.

As ever though, there is far too much smoke about FFS dabbling for there to have been no fire. It just collaborates with was SBR says sadly.

Aye, I didn't see the interview myself, but when I read that on here I instantly thought how deeply ironic that statement was...having just stuck the boot in himself. The t***.

i think souness talks alot of sense there and people cant get hung up on the fact he has called these clubs bigger than our's beacause in the big picture they are! I think its probly true about shepherd dabbling to much in the team and maybe if souness had his way we would have done alot better under him. He is by no means an awful manager and most of the team seemed to like him bar robert and bellamy, who are universally seen as selfish pricks so u cant say he lost the dressing room. HE was unfairly picked on from day 1 because he wasnt the fans choice, and this will keep on happening untill the croud gets behind the team (prooved once again in the alladyce debacle.) Maybe bringing back keegan with shearer would work because at least it would get universal backing. Obviously things went wrong for souness in the end and SA but can people really say it was all their fault when there is blatent problems behind the scenes at our club, which only are starting to sort themselves out now.

Wanted Anelka and Boa Morte , but Shepherd brought in Luque and Owen.

I believe him because he always went on about getting Anelka in as well as Boa Morte from what I remember.

What the hell was Shepherds problem??? Why would he bring in Luque out of nowhere like that???

Shepherd was definitely bent!

Basically, if Souness had had an ounce of pride and integrity he'd have resigned if this had been happening. Remember this is the bloke who said that he was only given money "to tart the team up". Aye, 50m quid.

What a tosser he is.

Why do all these people on telly say "Newcastle fans werent happy with the style of football Sam played".

For me thats bullshit (in part) - it wasnt JUST the style of football played. They always omit to mention the baffling team selections and playing of players in the wrong positions. I think if his style had been effective, he would still have had a job and a fair percentage of fans would be behind him.

So do these pundits deliberately choose not to mention these facts or is it just that old myth being bought by them all ?

I believe him because he always went on about getting Anelka in as well as Boa Morte from what I remember.

What the hell was Shepherds problem??? Why would he bring in Luque out of nowhere like that???

Basically, if Souness had had an ounce of pride and integrity he'd have resigned if this had been happening. Remember this is the bloke who said that he was only given money "to tart the team up". Aye, 50m quid.

With the £££'s involved these days who resigns apart from Ruud I cant think of anyone else. Even Jose M bit his lip at Chelsea becasue of the numbers involved.

With the £££'s involved these days who resigns apart from Ruud I cant think of anyone else. Even Jose M bit his lip at Chelsea becasue of the numbers involved.

Lets put it another way. He's telling us he allowed the chairman to walk all over him then ? I wouldn't admit that to millions on TV. [he could have stood up to him, got the sack and took his comp that way, either way, you know your days are numbered if this happens]

So I doubt very much he is telling it as it was here.

Was told ages ago (probably over a year ago) that Souness didn't want Luque and the "mate said we should buy him" thing was a load of shite.

Graeme Souness is many things, mostly unprintable on here, but one thing he isn't, is anybody's yes man

Lets put it another way. He's telling us he allowed the chairman to walk all over him then ? I wouldn't admit that to millions on TV. [he could have stood up to him, got the sack and took his comp that way, either way, you know your days are numbered if this happens]

I didnt see Jose M standing up Roman when he fancied sigining Sheva or employing Avram Grant or when he said he could not sign anyone. He did admit it on TV in front of millions of people.

Iit will be intresting to see what Fred says anything in reply.

Was told ages ago (probably over a year ago) that Souness didn't want Luque and the "mate said we should buy him" thing was a load of shite.

Graeme Souness is many things, mostly unprintable on here, but one thing he isn't, is anybody's yes man

Very very good source told me, I have more reason the believe him than what someone assumes what Souness is like.

Was told ages ago (probably over a year ago) that Souness didn't want Luque and the "mate said we should buy him" thing was a load of s****.

Your getting mixed up with Souness the player with tache & curly hair, the one we see before us now lives the millionaire lifestyle, has had bit of plastic surgery & is good mates with Dale Winton.

Arent you missing the point a little here...fair enough, the big honourable man would of resigned and lost out on £££ but in reality that doesnt happen anymore, from the sounds of it, (and i may be getting sucked in here) that he genuinely liked the club and its fans and didnt want to walk out on such a big job. The main issue here is that he, like the manager before him and i imagine Roeder as well was undermined completely, how in any walk of life is that acceptable?

Dont get me wrong, i still think he would of done a s*** job and i dont want him near this club ever again, not even inthe stands, but how does it transfer down to the changing room if the gaffer is having signings made for him. Especially if that gaffer is a well known OTT disciplinarian.

Well I don't agree with him, but its not a totally outlandish opinion I suppose.  He is a massive wanker either way though :)