Souness On Sky Now

Tooj

Was told ages ago (probably over a year ago) that Souness didn't want Luque and the "mate said we should buy him" thing was a load of shite.

Graeme Souness is many things, mostly unprintable on here, but one thing he isn't, is anybody's yes man

Very very good source told me, I have more reason the believe him than what someone assumes what Souness is like.

is that so ?

"Galatasaray, Glasgow Rangers, Liverpool and Benfica are all bigger clubs than Newcastle..."

And for a minute there, I was beginning to feel ever so slightly empathetic with the man. But then he had to go and say that...

Do you not think he was right though? It wasnt if he bunged Torino, Blackburn & Southampton above us.

Well I don't agree with him, but its not a totally outlandish opinion I suppose.  He is a massive wanker either way though :)

he's a bitter wanker  :lol:

Wanted Anelka and Boa Morte , but Shepherd brought in Luque and Owen.

I believe him because he always went on about getting Anelka in as well as Boa Morte from what I remember.

What the hell was Shepherds problem??? Why would he bring in Luque out of nowhere like that???

Shepherd was definitely bent!

Basically, if Souness had had an ounce of pride and integrity he'd have resigned if this had been happening. Remember this is the bloke who said that he was only given money "to tart the team up". Aye, 50m quid.

With the £££'s involved these days who resigns apart from Ruud I cant think of anyone else. Even Jose M bit his lip at Chelsea becasue of the numbers involved.

Lets put it another way. He's telling us he allowed the chairman to walk all over him then ? I wouldn't admit that to millions on TV. [he could have stood up to him, got the sack and took his comp that way, either way, you know your days are numbered if this happens]

So I doubt very much he is telling it as it was here.

Arent you missing the point a little here...fair enough, the big honourable man would of resigned and lost out on £££ but in reality that doesnt happen anymore, from the sounds of it, (and i may be getting sucked in here) that he genuinely liked the club and its fans and didnt want to walk out on such a big job. The main issue here is that he, like the manager before him and i imagine Roeder as well was undermined completely, how in any walk of life is that acceptable?

Dont get me wrong, i still think he would of done a s*** job and i dont want him near this club ever again, not even inthe stands, but how does it transfer down to the changing room if the gaffer is having signings made for him. Especially if that gaffer is a well known OTT disciplinarian.

I don't think you've made a valid point anywhere tbh, you even denied a blatant u-turn in the other thread

Souness had absolutely no time for this club or anything in it, the only thing he wanted was the payday and to massage his ego.

I believe him because he always went on about getting Anelka in as well as Boa Morte from what I remember.

What the hell was Shepherds problem??? Why would he bring in Luque out of nowhere like that???

Basically, if Souness had had an ounce of pride and integrity he'd have resigned if this had been happening. Remember this is the bloke who said that he was only given money "to tart the team up". Aye, 50m quid.

With the £££'s involved these days who resigns apart from Ruud I cant think of anyone else. Even Jose M bit his lip at Chelsea becasue of the numbers involved.

Lets put it another way. He's telling us he allowed the chairman to walk all over him then ? I wouldn't admit that to millions on TV. [he could have stood up to him, got the sack and took his comp that way, either way, you know your days are numbered if this happens]

Arent you missing the point a little here...fair enough, the big honourable man would of resigned and lost out on £££ but in reality that doesnt happen anymore, from the sounds of it, (and i may be getting sucked in here) that he genuinely liked the club and its fans and didnt want to walk out on such a big job. The main issue here is that he, like the manager before him and i imagine Roeder as well was undermined completely, how in any walk of life is that acceptable?

Dont get me wrong, i still think he would of done a s*** job and i dont want him near this club ever again, not even inthe stands, but how does it transfer down to the changing room if the gaffer is having signings made for him. Especially if that gaffer is a well known OTT disciplinarian.

I don't think you've made a valid point anywhere tbh, you even denied a blatant u-turn in the other thread

Souness had absolutely no time for this club or anything in it, the only thing he wanted was the payday and to massage his ego.

Fair enough, i think the correct opinion will be somewhere between the 2 views.  As for the u turn if you dont understand the subtleties to the the point then ignore it

(blantently taken from The Spence)!!

Fair enough, i think the correct opinion will be somewhere between the 2 views.  As for the u turn if you dont understand the subtleties to the the point then ignore it

There is no subtlety to it whatsoever.

Anyway, cheers

There is no subtlety to it whatsoever.

Anyway, cheers

blantently didnt understand it then.

:sleepy2:

Of course hes not going to accept any blame. He wasnt backed by his chairman, so why should he be blamed for the team being shit? I clearly remember those of us who werent entirely over the moon with the Owen signing at the time warning about the dangers of putting all our eggs in one basket, and doing so on a player with a proven track record of being a crock. Souness wanted to sign a very fit and reliable footballer as the fulcrum of the team, instead his chairman gave him a crock on which the team's fortunes were based - how can Souness be expected to openly say "yes, I fucked up" when key decisions were made out of his control?

He did make some bad decisions, but would they have mattered had he been allowed to sign who he wanted? Ousting Bellamy would have been worthwhile had we signed Anelka, who is by far the superior player. Instead, the chairman did what he wanted to do, and like many of his decisions, put the club in the shitter as a result of it.

Blame lies first and foremost with the man responsible for our current demise. Thats Shepherd. And it shouldnt be forgotten that it was Shepherd who appointed such a shit manager in the first place.

And lets remember that Mourinho didnt quit as soon as he was undermined by Abramovich - like anyone with belief in themselves, he tried his best with the bad hand that was dealt to him. But arguing that Sounses has no class or self respect is just a red herring anyway, just another attempt to divert away from the FACT that we now know officially how and why we are in the shit position that we're in today - scrap metal salesman shouldnt be making footballing decisions, much less so than Marks & Spencer directors.

In the end of the day, the only important thing in that interview was that Souness said that him, Robson and Gullit would all contact any Newcastle managerial target and tell them how good the job is, especially now Shepherd has gone.

The club needs a good reference from some people now, and fair play to them if they are willing to go out of their way and do so.

In the end of the day, the only important thing in that interview was that Souness said that him, Robson and Gullit would all contact any Newcastle managerial target and tell them how good the job is, especially now Shepherd has gone.

The club needs a good reference from some people now, and fair play to them if they are willing to go out of their way and do so.

Dalglish said the other day in a newspaper article that he had nothing bad to say about the club either.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/United-job-no-poisoned-chalice.3663261.jp

Spot on. I cant imagine many other managers saying the same about any other club in the premiership outisde the top 4. If respectively seapking they were treated the saem way we treated them. It speaks volume about the potential and passion that this club ha.

No he didnt but he would come back like a shot with the new owners.

I doubt the new owner would be daft enough to appoint him, he's shit.

and everybody except the fat bastard gets their "timing right" ?

I see your avatar....haven't you still got over your little hurt feelings yet ?

Managerial target - "Whats the job like Graeme ?"

Souness - "Brilliant, fantastic, best job I ever had"

MT - "Excellent, why's that ?"

Souness - "A multi-million pound pay off for doing fuck all, I laughed all the way to the bank"

MT - "Great news. Same as what Big Sam said. Reckon I'll take the offer"

Souness - "Good lad. If you're after a decent centre half I know this lad called Boumsong. Like Bobby Moore but better. Yours for only £15m, just give Bent Willy a call....."

Lets see now. Dalglish, Gullit, Robson and Souness himself were all attracted to the club. So what exactly is Souness' point here ?

Surely he can't be stupid enough to be attracted to an unattractive club could he ?

What a moron he is, but I didn't expect people to actually defend him for anything

Lets see now. Dalglish, Gullit, Robson and Souness himself were all attracted to the club. So what exactly is Souness' point here ?

Surely he can't be stupid enough to be attracted to an unattractive club could he ?

What a moron he is, but I didn't expect people to actually defend him for anything

All I'm saying is that it is good that despite being sacked/being unpopular/not getting the best treatment (tick as applicable), it can only be good for us that former managers are willing to put in a good word for us if individuals are undecided.

All I'm saying is that it is good that despite being sacked/being unpopular/not getting the best treatment (tick as applicable), it can only be good for us that former managers are willing to put in a good word for us if individuals are undecided.

I agree with that. I'd rather Souness was prepared to accept a rather large chunk of blame himself for the mess he made though.

Of course hes not going to accept any blame. He wasnt backed by his chairman, so why should he be blamed for the team being s***? I

50m quid = no backing  mackems.gif

but hang on, lets for just a minute assume that he's telling the truth, 28 million on luque and owen isnt backing him, if they weren't his choices, backing someone is having faith in their judgement aswell as handing over money, surely?

I agree with that. I'd rather Souness was prepared to accept a rather large chunk of blame himself for the mess he made though.

In the end of the day, thats history. We may have been shaped by the past, but looking back at what has happenned over the years isn't going to shape us for the future.