African Players...

Thespence

Arsenal,Newcastle & by the looks of it Pompey have been effected by key players going to the ANC. We may/would of got beaten but I would like to think not humiliated if Beye & Faye were in the team. Arsenal failed to beat Birmingham. Portsmouth the so called away day kings are getting beat  2-0 by the team in the  3rd relegation spot with Papa & Muntari missing from the midfield. Chelsea  had to spunk £15 million to cover there main player going to the ANC. Fergie has stopped buying them. Avram has mentioned Chelsea wont be so reliant on African players. There will always be a place in any team for a Eto or a Drogba but what do you think about signing African players in the future?

As they gorge on protein rich European diets they will become bigger, meaner and stronger. An offshoot super-race - the descendents of such players will roam the hinterlands of the major cities eating and growing and causing disruption to traffic.

As they gorge on protein rich European diets they will become bigger, meaner and stronger. An offshoot super-race - the descendents of such players will roam the hinterlands of the major cities eating and growing and causing disruption to traffic.

Except for a 4 week period every two years.

Does anyone watch the ANC, btw? Every time I've seen it, it's been shit. Somehow, even though most of the players now ply their trade in Europe and are rated as some of the best in the world, the matches are almost always shitfests of dubious quality.

Does anyone watch the ANC, btw? Every time I've seen it, it's been shit. Somehow, even though most of the players now ply their trade in Europe and are rated as some of the best in the world, the matches are almost always shitfests of dubious quality.

Ya I do...

You're right btw. I think its just because theyre all as big and as fast as each other compared to how theyre usually streets ahead physically of the europeans they play against week in week out. And the technical levels arent great in the main.

Plus the BBC tend to put a bunch of absolute muppets on the coverage which increases shiteness factor tenfold. Peacock, Crooks, etc. I bet that woman does it this year.

Does anyone watch the ANC, btw? Every time I've seen it, it's been s***. Somehow, even though most of the players now ply their trade in Europe and are rated as some of the best in the world, the matches are almost always shitfests of dubious quality.

Ya I do...

You're right btw. I think its just because theyre all as big and as fast as each other compared to how theyre usually streets ahead physically of the europeans they play against week in week out. And the technical levels arent great in the main.

lol, I don't think this is true. I just think alot of the better teams look totally disjointed and often look like they don't care. Nigeria, Ghana and the Ivory Coast all have some very good players, yet they all play shit in the ANC. Egypt won it last time didn't they? Their players are sheiiiiittttt.

And the shit teams are really shit.

A lot of talk about moving the tournament to the summer so it's in line with the euro championships. Be feckin warm though.

Evening matches might help, I guess. I think it's insane to hold it at the time it is currently and to have it every two years.

Honest question, but i suppose this could be construed as racist / xenophobic, are all the grounds they're using equipped with floodlights and the likes?! At some of the past tournaments they seemed to be playing on greens out the back of people's houses with a few goals stuck up

Does anyone watch the ANC, btw? Every time I've seen it, it's been s***. Somehow, even though most of the players now ply their trade in Europe and are rated as some of the best in the world, the matches are almost always shitfests of dubious quality.

Ya I do...

lol, I don't think this is true. I just think alot of the better teams look totally disjointed and often look like they don't care. Nigeria, Ghana and the Ivory Coast all have some very good players, yet they all play s*** in the ANC. Egypt won it last time didn't they? Their players are sheiiiiittttt.

I think that African powerhouses (Nigeria, Ivory Coast rtc) playing shite has a lot more to do with the manager. Only poor managers unwanted by European clubs and other big countries will manage African nations.

A lot of talk about moving the tournament to the summer so it's in line with the euro championships. Be feckin warm though.

every two years.

This is what bugs me. It should be 4 years.

Why?

every two years.

Why?

Make it more prestigious.

An African player can realistically take part in 6 ANC's whilst he could only play in the world cup 3 times.

Ya I do...

lol, I don't think this is true. I just think alot of the better teams look totally disjointed and often look like they don't care. Nigeria, Ghana and the Ivory Coast all have some very good players, yet they all play s*** in the ANC. Egypt won it last time didn't they? Their players are sheiiiiittttt.

I think that African powerhouses (Nigeria, Ivory Coast rtc) playing s**** has a lot more to do with the manager. Only poor managers unwanted by European clubs and other big countries will manage African nations.

But worse teams do better. They must have worse managers. Ghana and Ivory Coast looked really impressive in the WC but were shit in the last ANC. i reckon alot of the players can't be arsed or something.

every two years.

Why?

An African player can realistically take part in 6 ANC's whilst he could only play in the world cup 3 times.

Don't you think that African football needs a bit more exposure?

every two years.

Why?

Not, really. By that logic they should have the women's World Cup every fortnight.

every two years.

Why?

Not, really. By that logic they should have the women's World Cup every fortnight.

:lol:

I just think that Africa needs to hold their continental championships more often than Europe or S. America to get a bit more attention/sponsorship than they would if were held every 4 years. Holding the ACN when, and as often, as they do raises the profile of African football and that can only be good for the sport in general.  :thup:

every two years.

Why?

:lol:

I just think that Africa needs to hold their continental championships more often than Europe or S. America to get a bit more attention/sponsorship than they would if were held every 4 years. Holding the ACN when, and as often, as they do raises the profile of African football and that can only be good for the sport in general.  :thup:

Not if it starts to limit the players' chances of getting moves to bigger leagues as the clubs can't afford to lose them though, which i think is beginning to happen as teams have become more dependent on their African contingent. Maybe now is the time to move the tournament as African football clearly does achieve a lot of exposure, hence the number of African players in the prem

The tournament will not move to the summer, this is due to the inability to gain sponsership for a summer tournament.

This is because of the World Cup, European Championships and the Copa America all being held during the summer.

That is a lot of nonsense, though who exactly this nonsense eradiates from, I am not sure.

Going up against every league and cup in Europe is going to have a similar effect on sponsorship.

The tournament will not move to the summer, this is due to the inability to gain sponsership for a summer tournament.

This is because of the World Cup, European Championships and the Copa America all being held during the summer.

Is it not becasue its too bloody hot in most african countries to hold it in the Summer?

Is it not becasue its too bloody hot in most african countries to hold it in the Summer?

If that was the case then the World Cup would not be in South Africa next time. Talksport talked about this a few weeks ago, and someone from Africa actually said that the main issue was sponsership

It was also said why the hell should they move their tournament to suit England, as most other European countries have a winter break about to start so only miss the players for about 2 weeks.

mackems.gif