The Magedia Thread - Sunderland suck trollolololol

Rocker

Cant argue really although JDT and Tino both were sold for roughly what we spent so not really bad. They missed out Cort, Viana, Luque, Basedas etc(unless there was more than what i flicked through) so its pretty accurate imo. We have regularly fucked up in the transfer market, thats not the press' fault.

Aye, totally. They could write a book on the amount of shit players we've signed for big money. Can't argue with that.

I fell sorry for journos in a way, so much airtime and column inches to fill, 24 hours a day now. No surprise they can't fill them with quality.

Credit where credit is due, I don't think Hughton has made a bad signing, in fact I think this has been his strongest area as our manager.  He might not have signed world beaters, but almost every signing has addressed a weakness in our team and been executed within a very limited budget.  Though I'm sure at the end of the transfer window and the papers do those retrospectives on the best and worst buys this will be totally ignored.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Ah, Shearer. A man whose notion of style is a shirt in one colour, with collar and cuffs another.  He’s a Winchester Prick.  This is a man who, unlike Hansen, has no catchphrases because he struggles with speech at a fundamental level.  His vocabulary is stunted by never having had a single word of his questioned in his playing career.  He could say ridiculous nonsense like, ‘I was disappointed to miss that, Geoff.’  Or, ‘Beardsley played the pass and I just knocked it in.’  Or even, ‘I didn’t try to kick Neil Lennon’s head clean off,’ and because he was so feted by a fawning press and mouthbreathing Geordie fanbase, never had to come up with rational arguments to back up any of his arrogant puff.

http://www.sabotagetimes.com/tv-film/miss-match-of-the-day/

Ah, Shearer. A man whose notion of style is a shirt in one colour, with collar and cuffs another.  He’s a Winchester Prick.  This is a man who, unlike Hansen, has no catchphrases because he struggles with speech at a fundamental level.  His vocabulary is stunted by never having had a single word of his questioned in his playing career.  He could say ridiculous nonsense like, ‘I was disappointed to miss that, Geoff.’  Or, ‘Beardsley played the pass and I just knocked it in.’  Or even, ‘I didn’t try to kick Neil Lennon’s head clean off,’ and because he was so feted by a fawning press and mouthbreathing Geordie fanbase, never had to come up with rational arguments to back up any of his arrogant puff.

Mouthbreathing? :lol:

Mouthbreathing? :lol:

It's like saying "slack-jawed" – ie stupid.

• 2 weeks later...

Not a hate article, but a couple of very baffling paragraphs by our favourite mackem journalist.....

Blackpool, Newcastle and West Brom on all-out attack to defy doubters

Managers of the promoted sides promise to keep on attacking even if results start to go against them

Roberto Di Matteo bases an entire club philosophy around the adage that attack is the best form of defence, Ian Holloway remains convinced that fortune favours the brave and Chris Hughton is routinely the calmest person in the room. All three managers are breathing new life into the Premier League as their boldly attacking strategies enable newly promoted West Bromwich Albion, Blackpool and Newcastle United to climb the division's goal charts in unprecedented fashion.

By way of added bonus, such positive tactics frequently camouflage key flaws. Although Holloway's Blackpool cannot win at home, off-field events dictate that Hughton's Newcastle United teeter on the brink of crisis and Di Matteo's West Brom harbour an unfortunate penchant for gifting opponents early leads, the trio's refreshing approach continues to confound pre-season gloom.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/oct/23/blackpool-newcastle-west-brom-promotion

boldly attacking? climbing the goal charts (ignore 6-0)? positive tactics? i'd love to know which of our matches she saw.....

Not a hate article, but a couple of very baffling paragraphs by our favourite mackem journalist.....

Blackpool, Newcastle and West Brom on all-out attack to defy doubters

Managers of the promoted sides promise to keep on attacking even if results start to go against them

Roberto Di Matteo bases an entire club philosophy around the adage that attack is the best form of defence, Ian Holloway remains convinced that fortune favours the brave and Chris Hughton is routinely the calmest person in the room. All three managers are breathing new life into the Premier League as their boldly attacking strategies enable newly promoted West Bromwich Albion, Blackpool and Newcastle United to climb the division's goal charts in unprecedented fashion.

By way of added bonus, such positive tactics frequently camouflage key flaws. Although Holloway's Blackpool cannot win at home, off-field events dictate that Hughton's Newcastle United teeter on the brink of crisis and Di Matteo's West Brom harbour an unfortunate penchant for gifting opponents early leads, the trio's refreshing approach continues to confound pre-season gloom.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2010/oct/23/blackpool-newcastle-west-brom-promotion

boldly attacking? climbing the goal charts (ignore 6-0)? positive tactics? i'd love to know which of our matches she saw.....

Probably glemed from the fact we've played the highest defensive line in history on a few occasions. Why I don't know...

Dunno if anyone was listening to Talksport this afternoon but Newcastle fans took an absolute pounding. Lee Ryder from the Chronicle was on discussing the Hughton contract situation and made a remark about Newcastle fans being more passionate than elsewhere and the Geordie Nation etc etc and it stirred up a right hornets nest about Newcastle fans being deluded and Jason Cundy saying we think we have a 'monopoly on passion'.

It was real car crash radio and you can listen to it again here:

http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/listen-again/episode/12120

From about 36 mins in and it goes on and on.

Criticism only hurts when it comes from someone you respect.

Laugh it off or, better still, don't listen to it chaps. :)

Well put.

But christ...it's embarrasing and infurating. Lee Ryder is putting across good points and they still think we're deluded :/

But christ...it's embarrasing and infurating. Lee Ryder is putting across good points and they still think we're deluded :/

Most pieces of chewing gum on the average city centre footpath host more intelligence than Lee Ryder.

Most pieces of chewing gum on the average city centre footpath host more intelligence than Lee Ryder.

He was still the most intelligent out of the three of them on there. :thup: :lol: