The Magedia Thread - Sunderland suck trollolololol

Rocker

I've heard that Mick Dennis on Talksport recently and he is a massive c***. Porky Parry shouted him down a few times which was good.

One thing that always annoys me is the 'one club, one big city' thing people like to go on about as supposed 'proof' that we are crap fans. There are just under 800 thousand people living on Tyneside. That's quite a lot of people for one team to draw its support from I'll give you that. But its not so simple.

People around the country don't realise just how close Sunderland is to Newcastle with the two stadiums being but 12 miles apart if that as the crow flys. That is a very short distance. Add the population of Wearside to Tyneside ie TYNE & WEAR then you have a population of around about 1.2 million people for TWO clubs to draw their support from. Not one club but two. The catchment areas merge quite massively.

This means we don't have exclusive access to untold millions of fans for hundreds of miles around like people would have you believe. The reality is that us and Sunderland have roughly the same size catchment area as Liverpool/Everton. Less than Man U/City, and I could go on and on.

As usual its a total nonsense point designed only to slag us off.

Tbf, you have missed out the rest of the North east, the majority of which will be either Newcastle or Sunderland.

But that is a good thing, they can't criticise us for having a large catchment area, what has that got to do with anything, some people say if they had the same catchment area they would get similar attendances. But they don't so its irrelevant.

The rest of the North East? Ok you have Northumberland with 300 thousand people. One of the most sparsely populated counties around. Outside of Crammy, Blyth and Perhaps Ashington I can't see significant numbers attending the match from here. Then there's County Durham with 500 thousand people. Don't forget the southern part of CD is Smoggie/Monkey Hanger/Darlo territory.  Also factor in the big glory hunting element found in the North East, particularly in the rural areas and so that gives you a catchment area of about a Maximum of 2 million people for two big clubs to draw from.  Not miles bigger nor miles smaller than any of the other top clubs catchment areas really.

Journalism tends to attract the scum of the earth. :hmm:

You've got to be a complete cunt to want to even become a journalist. It's a prerequisite of the job.

I wanted to be a journalist til I was 18,

It would appear that your taste in c*nts is impeccable, darling. :lol:

You were only pretending you wanted to be a journalist so you could meet Gary Barlow though. :pow:

You were only pretending you wanted to be a journalist so you could meet Gary Barlow though. :pow:

This isn't your argument so keep out of it.  I've never witnissed a domestic which has been carried out on a forum before.

Why do people continue to spout this delusions of grandeur s****? Biggest myth in world football.  :weep:

Your comment could be described as delusions of grandeur.

But i get your point i realy don't know where this delusions of grandeur s**** comes from, admittedly we can be impatient.

Did you like me seem to think that article was taking the piss ?

Considering Villa fans BOOED their team when they're in the semis of the FA Cup and been in the other final, and still have a chance of Champions League - enough to enrage O'Neill, yet barely a word about it from the rags. They're happier to attack NUFC and especially the fans mainly about crap THEY invented in the first place !

As for impatient - no worse than anyone else, and far LESS than most. What about Liverpool fans ? They believe they should be winning Premier league titles and European cups all the time and THEY never get remotely close to the abuse in this regard WE get.

we have a higher profile than villa (much to their chagrin).

to be fair to liverpool they have won titles and euro cups in living memory, they were for a while the best team in europe,possibly the world. it's easy to see why a fair few of their fans think they should be up there.

we are a club with a profile bettered in this country by only half a dozen or so........that other half dozen or so have been far more succesful on the pitch and have been far better at handling the press.....................its not hard to work out what the result would be.

Guest Phil K

to be fair to liverpool they have won titles and euro cups in living memory, they were for a while the best team in europe,possibly the world. it's easy to see why a fair few of their fans think they should be up there.

we are a club with a profile bettered in this country by only half a dozen or so........that other half dozen or so have been far more succesful on the pitch and have been far better at handling the press.....................its not hard to work out what the result would be.

Villa - higher profile maybe, but as it's made up with mostly NEGATIVE, I'm sure Villa fans wouldn't be as "chagrined" as you may think.

Liverpool - you're falling into that rag-induced mentality about Liverpool fans - that they "deserve" success because they've been successful !

You keep talking about profile - theres negative and positive.

While other clubs will get a bit negative - John Terry Chelsea, and er...not a great deal else, apart from a brief couple of days when Gerrard attacked someone, was up in court, then forgotten in the rags. How often have the other clubs been set up ? Can't think of one off hand. Whereas US - The directors cut, the shennaigans in a London hotel etc etc etc drag on for weeks.

Hughton really annoyed them by not playing ball over the Taylor/Carroll business. Doesn't stop them keep trying to kick start it though does it ?

A positive profile from the rags would make a nice change. Don't hold your breath waiting for it.

True story though :nods:

Sorry, I don’t believe that catmag could be so devious and manipulative.  :lol:

Exactly. It was just a foolish pipedream. :nods:

Not that she couldn't write very good articles mind - she's just not nasty enough to dig for the stories.

Guest Roger Kint

Considering Villa fans BOOED their team when they're in the semis of the FA Cup and been in the other final, and still have a chance of Champions League - enough to enrage O'Neill, yet barely a word about it from the rags. They're happier to attack NUFC and especially the fans mainly about crap THEY invented in the first place !

Remember last season when Liverpool were booed off for going top of the Premier League, nothing said then either ;D

I've heard that Mick Dennis on Talksport recently and he is a massive cunt. Porky Parry shouted him down a few times which was good.

One thing that always annoys me is the 'one club, one big city' thing people like to go on about as supposed 'proof' that we are crap fans. There are just under 800 thousand people living on Tyneside. That's quite a lot of people for one team to draw its support from I'll give you that. But its not so simple.

People around the country don't realise just how close Sunderland is to Newcastle with the two stadiums being but 12 miles apart if that as the crow flys. That is a very short distance. Add the population of Wearside to Tyneside ie TYNE & WEAR then you have a population of around about 1.2 million people for TWO clubs to draw their support from. Not one club but two. The catchment areas merge quite massively.

This means we don't have exclusive access to untold millions of fans for hundreds of miles around like people would have you believe. The reality is that us and Sunderland have roughly the same size catchment area as Liverpool/Everton. Less than Man U/City, and I could go on and on.

As usual its a total nonsense point designed only to slag us off.

They might not be a one city club but manure have the whole of London to add to their catchment area, in addition to most of the UK - and beyond - stupid argument and the media being the usual pricks they are...

I'm sure someone will now prove me entirely wrong, but generally I've found Telegraph journalism to be thoughtful, balanced and thoroughly interesting to read.

Ditto.

IMO it has had the best sports coverage for some time now and tends to report the news rather than just make it up as it goes along.

Guest Phil K

I'm sure someone will now prove me entirely wrong, but generally I've found Telegraph journalism to be thoughtful, balanced and thoroughly interesting to read.

No disagreement from me. They seem to be above (what I've read anyways) the spiteful digs that even the Times joins in

Louise Taylor aside I'm a guardian-ite. There is a lot more review/articles than pure news though. Brilliant for European football.

I always read the Guardian, but recently in employing fuckwits like her, and that droning self-obsessed harpy Lucy Mangan, I've come very close to switching to the Telegraph.

If only I didn't find Tories even more nauseating than shit journalists, I'd have done it by now

Guest Phil K

If only I didn't find Tories even more nauseating than s*** journalists, I'd have done it by now

They're all not worth spitting on.

Ive voted Labour all my life. Celebrated wildly when the Tories were kicked out in 97

Won't be voting Labour ever again because they're manipulated by the middle class PC brigade like glove puppets, and...well, it's not a politics forum, so I'll not go on !  ;D

i see, so they cant slag us off but its ok if they lick our arses.

did you see many of the posts in here last season (last few seasons actuaslly) about the lack of noise. that piece is as much a work of fiction as the ones you deride so much.

did you see many of the posts in here last season (last few seasons actuaslly) about the lack of noise. that piece is as much a work of fiction as the ones you deride so much.

Don't see anything wrong with that article, he compares us to the likes of Wigan and the atmosphere at St James' is far better than a half empty JJB/DW shithole.

Also arse-licking feels so mightily fine  :shifty:

Villa - higher profile maybe, but as it's made up with mostly NEGATIVE, I'm sure Villa fans wouldn't be as "chagrined" as you may think.

Liverpool - you're falling into that rag-induced mentality about Liverpool fans - that they "deserve" success because they've been successful !

You keep talking about profile - theres negative and positive.

While other clubs will get a bit negative - John Terry Chelsea, and er...not a great deal else, apart from a brief couple of days when Gerrard attacked someone, was up in court, then forgotten in the rags. How often have the other clubs been set up ? Can't think of one off hand. Whereas US - The directors cut, the shennaigans in a London hotel etc etc etc drag on for weeks.

Hughton really annoyed them by not playing ball over the Taylor/Carroll business. Doesn't stop them keep trying to kick start it though does it ?

A positive profile from the rags would make a nice change. Don't hold your breath waiting for it.

watch how they'll kick liverpool if they go through some of what we have (and its a distinct possibility). did you forget about when we were doing well and they were licking our backsides, they gave leeds a kicking aswell when they were going through shit. if a club with a high profile does poorly (and seemingly tries to harm itself like we did ie truly terrible PR) then thats what they'll do, it's not because it's NUFC, it's because we are a fallen big beast and would happen to the others similarly.

watch how they'll kick liverpool if they go through some of what we have (and its a distinct possibility). did you forget about when we were doing well and they were licking our backsides, they gave leeds a kicking aswell when they were going through shit. if a club with a high profile does poorly (and seemingly tries to harm itself like we did ie truly terrible PR) then thats what they'll do, it's not because it's NUFC, it's because we are a fallen big beast and would happen to the others similarly.

First bolded bit, damn right.

Second bolded bit, damn right. Most fans of other clubs would raise the Sky bumming you got with tht "everyone's second favourite club" malarkey for a while.

Third bit, damn right.

Journalists need something to write about. Given what has happened at Newcastle with poor managerial appointments, Shepherd and co, Ashley and relegation, it is manna from heaven to them.

They're going to go into overdrive if Liverpool finish 6th or 7th.

Just like they'll go into overdrive if Spurs finish fourth.

Just like they went into overdrive over a load of entirely unsubstantiated rumours about our manager last week.

Just like they'll go into overdrive if West Ham get relegated.

I'm amazed that so many people (not talking about on here in particular, just in general) fail to see these points.

Guest Phil K

A fair description is "licking our arses" ? ? ?

You get your jollies by tugging your forelock and grovelling "Another kick sir ? I'm not worthy" ?

Hardly the first time you can't see the wood for the forest, madras.

You were one of those most desperate to call media abuse "tongue in cheek" weren't you ?

So no surprise you have your view, now is it ?

Guest firetotheworks

I used to read the guardian, for all the extras, but then realised that a lot of it's idealistic nonsense. I read The Times now.