The Magedia Thread - Sunderland suck trollolololol

Rocker

Newcastle stretch unbeaten run to seven as they come from behind to draw with luckless West Ham

West Ham had to be content with a point from their 500th Barclays Premier League fixture............

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=562248&in_page_id=1779

haha classic keegan line from that article

"The best team usually win — except the time when we lost it. That time the best team came second."

Custis, Winter & Matt Dickinson on Sunday Supp with Wooly the day, usually a bit Toon banter when Custis is on.

Probably will be as well with the game coming up on Monday, time for Custis to spout his usual shite about us.

Another cracker from the Mail - they hate us more then Sunderland hate us :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=564438&in_page_id=1779&ct=5

Kevin Keegan's relationship with his employers at Newcastle is at breaking point amid private concerns that Dennis Wise is being lined up to succeed him.

Wise has made it clear that he has no interest in becoming manager, insisting that he is perfectly happy to continue in his role as executive director (football).

But Keegan, according to sources close to him, only sees conspiracy amid the apparent chaos behind the scenes and has convinced himself his days are numbered at St James' Park.

Keegan is renowned for his public outbursts but Monday's thinly-veiled attack on owner Mike Ashley and the club board was something he had been planning for six weeks.

It is understood to date back to the start of the contract negotiations with Michael Owen which, for Keegan, represent another major source of frustration.

When Keegan returned to Newcastle in January, he described Ashley as the perfect owner and someone the club should endeavour to keep.

After last Monday's defeat by Chelsea, Keegan said he had a great relationship with Ashley because he 'never' talks to him.

A particular problem for Keegan concerns player recruitment and other major football decisions.

He thinks Wise and Tony Jimenez, who is the new vice-president with responsibility for player recruitment, are making decisions without even consulting him and do not share his philosophy on players.

While Keegan wants to bring in established internationals like Wayne Bridge and Shaun Wright- Phillips, Wise and Jimenez are said to be scouting for so far undiscovered players who will grow in value once they come to the club.

They want to bring in a new striker, when Keegan considers it more prudent to secure Owen on a long-term contract and he is becoming increasingly angered by the club's apparent apathy when it comes to extending the England forward's current deal.

In his programme notes, Owen said he was still waiting for the club to begin talks over a new contract.

It was one of the key reasons why Keegan went on the offensive on Monday, arguing that a lack of financial backing will keep Newcastle in what he now considers the second tier of the Barclays Premier League.

He said: 'We're a million miles away from challenging for the league, but if my owner backs me, and I have no proof of that but no doubt he will, we want to try to finish fifth and top of the other mini-league.

'I get on great with the owner because I never talk to him.'

Keegan also bemoaned the fact that he considers the financial backing from Ashley to be insufficient — interestingly, the same issue with former chairman Sir John Hall which prompted him to resign in 1997.

Keegan will not resign on this occasion, not least because he cannot afford to financially, and the club's owners realise that sacking him would be hugely unpopular with supporters who still adore their Messiah. The impasse is likely to lead to a difficult summer.

Friction over the recent departure of video technician and ProZone expert Dave Fallows, whom Keegan inherited from previous manager Sam Allardyce, could be an early indication of the battles ahead.

Newcastle attempted to dampen down the speculation last night when a spokesman said: 'The story is inaccurate and anyone reading it should attach no credence to it whatsoever.'

Meanwhile, Everton, West Ham, Celtic, Wolves and Queens Park Rangers want former Republic of Ireland defender Stephen Carr, who was one of three players told by Keegan he will not be offered a new contract by Newcastle.

The former Tottenham defender, who announced his international retirement last year, signed from White Hart Lane in 2004 and has made 107 appearances for Newcastle.

But he has also been plagued by injury in his four-year stint.

Ashington-born Peter Ramage, who has featured in 68 first-team games, and Australia youth player James Troisi have also been told they can leave.

'Kevin Keegan's relationship with his employers at Newcastle is at breaking point amid private concerns that Dennis Wise is being lined up to succeed him.'

What a load of bollocks. :lol:

It's laughable.

How did i know the rags would twist that one. Why doesn't Keegan just keep quiet, he knows what the press are like. Everything is twisted to the negative.

He's brought all this on himself.

How did i know the rags would twist that one. Why doesn't Keegan just keep quiet, he knows what the press are like. Everything is twisted to the negative.

You'll probably get panned for that but I tend to agree. He should have chosen his words much better and kept schtum about things that he knew would be twisted. :(

In all of the interviews he gave he spoke an awful lot of sense and was very honest (perhaps too honest) and spoke from the heart. But he should have known the rags would go to town and cherry-pick the quotes they wanted to back up their negative spin. The context of the remarks have been missed completely.

Absolutely, just don't talk about Wise, Ashley or any of them. It's not difficult.

KK deserves to be treated better than the way he is right now, maybe he let of steam because he thought it was justifed.

KK deserves to be treated better than the way he is right now, maybe he let of steam because he thought it was justifed.

By who? The press? If so i agree. The board have just bid £16m for a player from the Croatian league so they're treating him fine.

What way is he being treated?

<snip>

What a pile of absolute s****.

dunno...i think theres lots of mileage in the idea that the mail hate us more than the mackems hate us.

<snip>

What a pile of absolute s****.

dunno...i think theres lots of mileage in the idea that the mail hate us more than the mackems hate us.

Knew someone would pick that up. Also knew it would be your good self. :razz:

If it's true that Vetere has removed and replaced one of KK's appointments without telling him (as suggested in the Telegraph) I think KK would have reason to believe that things need to be sorted out in the mooted 'clear-the-air' talks.  As I said in the other thread, the Telegraph hinted at unrest between the hierachy. The Mail take it a step further by talking about conspiracy and apparent chaos, God knows what the Sun will say. 

TBH, I can see some similarity with Spurs at the start of the season just before the rumours about Jol going/Ramos coming started up in earnest.  Just rumblings about unrest, not everyone pulling together, then MJ didn't have the complete support of the full first team squad, and so on. 

The truth of the matter is KK is not the man appointed by Wise (or Vetere).  I may be wrong, I hope I am, but it wouldn't surprise me to see it start to get messy resulting in KK's departure and Wise bringing in the man he wants.  FWIW, I don't believe for a minute that Wise actually wants to be the manager of NUFC.

Fucking hell, the Telegraph and Mail have hinted at something. Treat Keegan properly you bastards!

edit: Not the man Wise wants? Fuck me :lol: So Ashley sacks a manager, brings in his own man but now he's under threat because he's not Dennis Wise's man? Fuck me, MJ :lol:

If it's true that Vetere has removed and replaced one of KK's appointments without telling him (as suggested in the Telegraph) I think KK would have reason to believe that things need to be sorted out in the mooted 'clear-the-air' talks.  As I said in the other thread, the Telegraph hinted at unrest between the hierachy. The Mail take it a step further by talking about conspiracy and apparent chaos, God knows what the Sun will say. 

TBH, I can see some similarity with Spurs at the start of the season just before the rumours about Jol going/Ramos coming started up in earnest.  Just rumblings about unrest, not everyone pulling together, then MJ didn't have the complete support of the full first team squad, and so on. 

The truth of the matter is KK is not the man appointed by Wise (or Vetere).  I may be wrong, I hope I am, but it wouldn't surprise me to see it start to get messy resulting in KK's departure and Wise bringing in the man he wants.  FWIW, I don't believe for a minute that Wise actually wants to be the manager of NUFC.

Not like you to talk out your arse about something you know fuck all about.

Wait, yes it is.