The Magedia Thread - Sunderland suck trollolololol

Rocker

Love how the media are building up Hughes and making out like we appointed the wrong man because they beat us.

Blackburn were absolutely fucking shit.

That's what the media is like though. So short-term. Same goes for most of the people reading them though.

Tell you one thing that winds me up, how the BBC keep referring to the press and the media as though they're not just as big a set of shit-stirring wankers themselves.

Guest Phil K

Tell you one thing that winds me up, how the BBC keep referring to the press and the media as though they're not just as big a set of s***-stirring wankers themselves.

I always remember when Kleivert signed for us and the BBC 606 site took the p1ss in the most despicable (and regionally bigotted - if there is such a thing) way - there was flood of complaints against the turd who wrote it - a London based Man U fan surprise surprise (how do i know ? It was the pillock himself whining about the attacks on him on the board, believe it or not - seemed to think attacks on us and the city and region were fine, but the same against him, and because he was a London-based Man U supporter, was "disgraceful" - sort of sums up the BBC for me. They say location location location (or London London London where the beeb are concerned) - it should be hypocrisy hypocrisy hypocrisy where the BBC are concerned

Remember, Newcastle in the safety of mid table mediocrity is not newsworthy.

Newcastle going down is an extremely desirable story.

Serious undermining of the club and its structures will aid this

Everything they print will be done with this end in mind.

Doug

http://www.skysports.com/blogs/blog_story/0,19793,13948_3225120,00.html

take a look at these mugs saying how shite we are and the fans below saying

"who else would spend £6 million on barton and then never play him" (???!)

"one person to blame and thats mike ashley"

Can't be arse to read it, but it just shows how much people want to talk about us.

Massive fuking replies to the article, as in size, most are one liners or two at the very best.

Proper HTT responses out of people who support other teams, its crazy.

Keegan is called in for crisis talks and admits he fears the worst for Newcastle

By COLIN YOUNG

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley has held crisis talks with Kevin Keegan after the club was pitched into a nerve-racking relegation battle.

After watching his side crash to a last-minute loss to Blackburn, their second at home under Keegan, Ashley made a point of seeking out the manager and his players to praise them for their best display since the return of the former England boss.

But the owner also wanted guarantees that the manager appointed only six weeks ago can lead them from danger.

With trips to Liverpool and Birmingham City up next, he knows the club could be in the bottom three by the middle of the month.

Chairman Chris Mort claimed on Sunday that fans have been impressed by what they have seen since the arrival of Keegan, even though a return of two draws in six League games has left them only three points above the drop zone.

"He's got the team playing in a manner everyone in this part of the world appreciates," insisted Mort.

However, faced with a daunting fixture programme, a small squad not strengthened in January and a minus 23 goal difference — only bottom club Derby's is worse — Keegan admitted in the meeting that his side are now in a survival battle.

There is no suggestion he is about to be jettisoned by Ashley, or that the former England boss will walk away, but there is increasing boardroom anxiety.

Ashley has spent more than £250million buying Newcastle and clearing debts.

A drop to the Championship would cripple the club.

Mort gave Keegan the dreaded vote of confidence after the Rovers reverse and insisted the manager, who succeeded the sacked Sam Allardyce, will not walk away from the club for a second time.

Mort also claimed that Keegan did appoint coach Chris Hughton and had been aware of Dennis Wise's surprise arrival despite suggestions otherwise.

Mort said: "Kevin has got the players playing very well and I'm sure the results will follow.

"He's come to a club that wasn't going well and the team were playing poorly.

"Results reflected that and Kevin knew it was going to be difficult to turn it round and he's got the team playing in a manner everyone in this part of the world appreciates."

Mort has no doubt Keegan will see out his three-year contract.

Talking on Radio Five Live's Sportsweek, he said: "There is no doubt. He is clearly at home in the city and has been made very welcome. Once the football turns round I'm sure he will be thoroughly enjoying it."

Mort also insisted the club will not be sold.

"We haven't sought anyone to buy the club. Mike is the owner and it will be his decision but he is not encouraging me to sell."

It's amazing where this stuff comes from  :lol:

Keegan is called in for crisis talks and admits he fears the worst for Newcastle

By COLIN YOUNG

Newcastle owner Mike Ashley has held crisis talks with Kevin Keegan after the club was pitched into a nerve-racking relegation battle.

After watching his side crash to a last-minute loss to Blackburn, their second at home under Keegan, Ashley made a point of seeking out the manager and his players to praise them for their best display since the return of the former England boss.

But the owner also wanted guarantees that the manager appointed only six weeks ago can lead them from danger.

With trips to Liverpool and Birmingham City up next, he knows the club could be in the bottom three by the middle of the month.

Chairman Chris Mort claimed on Sunday that fans have been impressed by what they have seen since the arrival of Keegan, even though a return of two draws in six League games has left them only three points above the drop zone.

"He's got the team playing in a manner everyone in this part of the world appreciates," insisted Mort.

However, faced with a daunting fixture programme, a small squad not strengthened in January and a minus 23 goal difference — only bottom club Derby's is worse — Keegan admitted in the meeting that his side are now in a survival battle.

There is no suggestion he is about to be jettisoned by Ashley, or that the former England boss will walk away, but there is increasing boardroom anxiety.

Ashley has spent more than £250million buying Newcastle and clearing debts.

A drop to the Championship would cripple the club.

Mort gave Keegan the dreaded vote of confidence after the Rovers reverse and insisted the manager, who succeeded the sacked Sam Allardyce, will not walk away from the club for a second time.

Mort also claimed that Keegan did appoint coach Chris Hughton and had been aware of Dennis Wise's surprise arrival despite suggestions otherwise.

Mort said: "Kevin has got the players playing very well and I'm sure the results will follow.

"He's come to a club that wasn't going well and the team were playing poorly.

"Results reflected that and Kevin knew it was going to be difficult to turn it round and he's got the team playing in a manner everyone in this part of the world appreciates."

Mort has no doubt Keegan will see out his three-year contract.

Talking on Radio Five Live's Sportsweek, he said: "There is no doubt. He is clearly at home in the city and has been made very welcome. Once the football turns round I'm sure he will be thoroughly enjoying it."

Mort also insisted the club will not be sold.

"We haven't sought anyone to buy the club. Mike is the owner and it will be his decision but he is not encouraging me to sell."

It's amazing where this stuff comes from  :lol:

Listened to the Mort interview amazing how they twist things isnt it.

If I had Big Mikes money think they would be getting their arses sued

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/images/homepage/0203_keegan02.jpg

KK has a shit and the staff are horrified.

Well thats all the attention i gave that NOTW article, bile.

Guest louiseville_lip

The media will always have it in for us.  The sad fact of the matter is that they have their favourites and they have their enemies.  I think the club who are put in the best light by the media are Tottenham and Arsenal.  I can't remember which newspaper I was reading but when we beat Spurs 3-2 last season, the journalist wrote a report with team ratings, the whole team got 4 or 5/10 apart from Given.  What an ass the reporter was, it was so biased toward Spurs it was sickening.  They always go on about their glorious history, and they haven't won as many leagues as us even.  I often wonder if it could've been any different, how we are perceived today if we had've won the double in 1951, which was on the cards for a long time.  After we beat Wolves in the semi, we had to play 11 games in 4 and a half weeks, which wasn't fair on us, and we only won 1 of those 11.  If we had've won the double, we'd have been the second team to do it, and given our support then, undoubtedly the biggest club in England, which coiuld've seen us sweep through the 60's as the team to beat.

Listened to the Mort interview amazing how they twist things isnt it.

If I had Big Mikes money think they would be getting their arses sued

This one?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediaselector/check/player/sol/newsid_7270000/newsid_7273500?redirect=7273558.stm&news=1&nbwm=1&bbwm=1&nbram=1&bbram=1

That prob the one.......on bbc site

Dont think that he could have been clearer on why he spoke to KK, the Houghton and Wise appointments

as well as the continuing rumours that they are looking to sell up (even then the interviewer tried to put words in his mouth)

Agree with Big Geordie and others everyone wants a bite at the moment and more of a story if they can engineer KK to walk, relegation or Ashley to sell.

The recent Daily Mail article however was the worst bit of reporting i have seen and i tell you if I was Mike i'd get my writs out

Bet those journos are rubbing their hands waiting for the Liverpool game to be over, claiming "YET ANOTHER DEFEAT FOR KEEGAN" as if anyone thought we ever had ANY chance in  hell of winning the fixture anyway

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article3471843.ece

this ones awful. basicallly saying well go down with 34 points. theyve even got the last fixture wrong. have a look

Predicts draws at home to Reading and the mackems... blatantly pulling it out of his anus.

losses away in every game apart from man city (who we arent even playing!!)