The Magedia Thread - Sunderland suck trollolololol

Rocker

Even the likes of Mourinho got broken eventually with run-ins with the British press, and Kinnear is no Special One.

Everyone seems to be missing the point that JFK is here for only two months. Long term his explosive methods would be ill-advised, but in a desperate situation to turn things round as quickly as possible it could be a master stroke. We'll see over the next few games.

I think it is worse because he is on a short term deal. No-one, be it the players, the fans, and the press have no motivation to respond positively to a shouter.

Even the likes of Mourinho got broken eventually with run-ins with the British press, and Kinnear is no Special One.

Everyone seems to be missing the point that JFK is here for only two months. Long term his explosive methods would be ill-advised, but in a desperate situation to turn things round as quickly as possible it could be a master stroke. We'll see over the next few games.

I think it is worse because he is on a short term deal. No-one, be it the players, the fans, and the press have no motivation to respond positively to a shouter.

The players weren't exactly responding to quiet and nice Chris Hughton were they?

Well that's the thing isn't it. They could be motivated by someone doing a 4-game "get your arses into gear" tyrade, or they may just not give one, and think "well he's off in a few weeks anyway". Interesting to see which way it goes.

The players weren't exactly responding to quiet and nice Chris Hughton were they?

Who says anything about being quiet? It is possible to be passionate and motivational without fighting the players.

Remember what happenned to Sir Bobby, players undermining him over minor constructive criticisms because he was leaving the next summer. They'll take one look at Kinnear if he starts mouthing off at them like he did the press and think: "I'll be here after you've gone"

Who says anything about being quiet? It is possible to be passionate and motivational without fighting the players.

Remember what happenned to Sir Bobby, players undermining him over minor constructive criticisms because he was leaving the next summer. They'll take one look at Kinnear if he starts mouthing off at them like he did the press and think: "I'll be here after you've gone"

I don't think the fans will put up with that attitude from the players and I can't see any player staying in the team if they don't stand up to be counted.

All this stuff boils down to the attitudes of the players.

Distracted yes, but if the players can't give professional performances for the obscene nature of their wages, then I'm losing faith in football. I couldn't care if a manager blasts you or talks quietly, it's the tactics that will have the most important bearing on actually WINNING the game. I'd expect a professional performance from them regardless of how the manager puts across his points.

(Ah, seems Big TRon got there first.)

i think that was only a certain few spolit brats as well. I dont think this squad seems to have that same attitude problem.

All this stuff boils down to the attitudes of the players.

Distracted yes, but if the players can't give professional performances for the obscene nature of their wages, then I'm losing faith in football. I couldn't care if a manager blasts you or talks quietly, it's the tactics that will have the most important bearing on actually WINNING the game. I'd expect a professional performance from them regardless of how the manager puts across his points.

(Ah, seems Big TRon got there first.)

Pretty much what was said on Football Focus today. It's time for the players to step up to the plate and stop hiding behind excuses.

It's time for the players to step up to the plate

Why do you think they'd be any better at baseball?

It's a metaphor - but I'm sure you already knew that and are just being a t***. :D

Viduka has been spotted stepping up to numerous plates.

It's a metaphor - but I'm sure you already knew that and are just being a twat. :D

Aye, well spotted -- a twat with an aversion to American jargon being used to talk about football.

Main headline on the back page of the Mirror is that we're only taking 900 or so down to Everton, is there really nothing more important in the world of sport this morning?

Joe Kinnear's 'amazing 13 minute rant'? ;)

Main headline on the back page of the Mirror is that we're only taking 900 or so down to Everton, is there really nothing more important in the world of sport this morning?

That's pretty much got a pullout section to itself, along with a feature of other famous moments of various public figures losing their rag for comparison.

Guest Gallowgate Mag

It's a metaphor - but I'm sure you already knew that and are just being a t***. :D

[/quote

Cookery show on BBC2 tbh

That's pretty much got a pullout section to itself, along with a feature of other famous moments of various public figures losing their rag for comparison.

Yup - The Mirror and the other tabloids will be moving into overdrive now, in their campaign against Kinnear and the club. Still think Kinnear was right, even if the swearing was out of order.

Slightly off-topic but did anyone hear Alan Green commentating the Man Utd game? Never heard such biased commentary, every single minute picking a bone with Blackburn, and penetrating Wayne Rooney.

On Setanta Sports the journalist they us to summarise the football - not sure who he is but he sounds a bit simple - was talking about Owen's exclusion from the England squad and yesterday's game.

Regarding Joe Kinnear - first of all he was saying the FA should look into Joe's swearing outburst and also look into him trying to get near the pitch at the end of yesterday's game with a view to extending his touchline ban.

Then he said that Joe had not seen either of the Newcastle goals as he walked from the Director's box to the dressing room and the fact that Newcastle had scored when Joe was not watching "summed up his managerial ability".

So I guess that means the simpleton implied that the Newcastle team started playing because they knew Joe was not watching during the two minutes at either side of half time !

Doesn't this really illustrate the level of stupidity and prejudice we're up against in the press.

On Setanta Sports the journalist they us to summarise the football - not sure who he is but he sounds a bit simple - was talking about Owen's exclusion from the England squad and yesterday's game.

Regarding Joe Kinnear - first of all he was saying the FA should look into Joe's swearing outburst and also look into him trying to get near the pitch at the end of yesterday's game with a view to extending his touchline ban.

Then he said that Joe had not seen either of the Newcastle goals as he walked from the Director's box to the dressing room and the fact that Newcastle had scored when Joe was not watching "summed up his managerial ability".

So I guess that means the simpleton implied that the Newcastle team started playing because they knew Joe was not watching during the two minutes at either side of half time !

Doesn't this really illustrate the level of stupidity and prejudice we're up against in the press.

It certainly illustrates stupidity, but a person would be mad not expect more stick for Kinnear after that press conference.

On the Beeb site, contrast Phil McNulty's blog about Spud's problems with the vile that is written about us.

It's well written, shows an element of knowledge of the situation and points out the real problems.

Why do they just get lazy and rely on cliches when it comes to us, too far up north for them ?

On the Beeb site, contrast Phil McNulty's blog about Spud's problems with the vile that is written about us.

It's well written, shows an element of knowledge of the situation and points out the real problems.

Why do they just get lazy and really on cliches when it comes to us, too far up north for them ?

Phil McNulty is a glory hunting Man U supporting twat who knows nothing about us. His second team is the wonderful Spurs who he tips to break into the top 4 every year. Then sticks up for them every time they don't.

Guest quklaani

Don't let the Mancs read that, because they all hate Green to a man. They believe that he is biased against their club, and is said to be a Liverpool supporter to boot.

That's because he does hate us, more specifically he's invented a one sided feud with SAF and openly admits to "hating" him.  He's also racially abused one of our players in the past, its fair to say he's no fan of the club.  Most Man utd fans became sick of him after he had the most ridiculous heart attack over Gary Neville's taunting the scousers a few years back.  I don't really think he's a liverpool fan (though he certainly fellates St Steven endlessly) he's just an egotistical hysterical prat with an annoying accent.

Just heard James Richardson on the guardian football podcast being a bit of a dick about your manager.  I like Richardson, who doesn't, but he was being absurdly harsh.