The Magedia Thread - Sunderland suck trollolololol

Rocker

Some of the articles over the last couple of days have been ridiculous. They remind me of a Simpsons episode. Remember when the comet was going to wipe out Springfield and half the town went to Flanders' bomb shelter? Homer convinced everyone that Flanders was useless and should leave. Only to have a sudden change of heart when he felt guilty afterwards, and then proceeded to blame everyone for making him leave. For Homer, see Media, Flanders, see Ashley, and we're everyone else. Probably stupid, and definitely silly, but it made me chuckle. They made out from day one that Ashley was a shyster who was only after profit, and would sell us down the river for a few quid. Now, after some simply stupid business decisions on his part, which have made his ownership untennable, he is being painted as an idealist who wanted the best for us but we were too pig-headed and deluded to let him help us. Complete bollocks...

:colo:

That and the ill-informed, conspiracy-laden and melodramatic messages posted on the dozens of message boards that these fans seem to spend their lives reading.

:lol:

He obviously stumbled across this forum before.

Oh, man...PARKY, man!!! :dave:

Guest Geordiesned

That and the ill-informed, conspiracy-laden and melodramatic messages posted on the dozens of message boards that these fans seem to spend their lives reading.

:lol:

He obviously stumbled across this forum before.

Matthew Syed, if you're reading this then get a fucking life you cunt. :D

"Self-pity"....these are the same jouno w*nkers who sympathise with Liverpool fans who want the Yanks out there and demonstrate as much if not more than us, but THEY are successful, and it's because the yanks aren't rich enough !!!!!

We've made the Gravesend Reporter now. We must be the talk of the snug in the Smeg Arms, Gravesend, Kent. Why are they bothered?

Because they're TOLD to be bothered.

You can see the same amongst some of our own fans too f***** stupid to think for themselves.

Everyone's favourite laughing stock, Newcastle United, have come under fierce criticism from all quarters for their shambolic handling of Kevin Keegan's departure from St James' Park - and now email prankster are getting in on the act.

The following virals have dropped into the Sportsmail online inbox and we'd 'absolutely love it - just love it' if you sent us some more.

I cant put into words how much i hate these people.

Here is a message for the whining, whingeing, self-pitying, self-indulgent and deluded fans on Tyneside, otherwise known as the Toon Army: Kevin Keegan is not the Messiah; Alan Shearer is not an aspect of the trinity; Mike Ashley is not the Devil; Tony Jimenez is not on the secret payroll of Sunderland; and Dennis Wise is not an evil dwarf.

Newcastle United are not a “massive” club and do not have a divine right to remain in the Premier League; St James' Park is not the world's greatest stadium; and, in case you were wondering, your team will not break into the top four any time soon, with or without Ashley, Keegan, Wise or any of the other men who are heroes, villains and sometimes both in the febrile imaginations of the world's most whimsical supporters.

Oh, and you are not the most loyal, valiant and wonderfully dependable fans on the planet.

tbh, the only thing that is consistent with this club is the fans. Keegan was history and should never have been brought back, and Shearer should not be involved unless he offers a role of real value. The way some fans clamour for these two is a joke.

Owen Will Quit Toon - Souness

According to former Newcastle United manager Graeme Souness, the club's captain Michael Owen could be ready to quit St James' Park.

Souness was relieved of his duties at the helm of the Geordie Nation in January of 2006 following a string of bad results, but the Scot sees the club's current plight as a disaster in waiting.

He believes that Newcastle's top players will assess the current unstable situation on Tyneside, and decide to vacate the club.

In the wake of Kevin Keegan's departure from the club, uncertainty has gripped the Toon and Souness identified captain Michael Owen amongst those most likely to leave.

Although Owen and Keegan initially had a fraught relationship stemming from Keegan's tenure as England manager, the former Newcastle boss responded by making the 28-year-old captain of the side when taking the job last January.

Owen had then been linked with a deadline day move to Tottenham Hotspur, a rumour that reportedly led to consternation on the part of Keegan, but ended up remaining at Newcastle only to see the current scenario unfold.

The state of affairs at the club is not good according to Souness, who foresees an exodus on the horizon.

He told the Daily Star: “I don’t think Michael Owen will be alone in thinking that he should leave the club as soon as he can.

“Kevin (Keegan) was an extremely popular manager at St James’s Park. Michael will be one of a number of Newcastle players who’ll be looking at the situation very closely.

“All the players will be looking at their futures at the club in the light of what’s happened.”

I wanted to slap Kevin Keegan, says Newcastle's managing diector

By Jeremy Armstrong 20/09/2008

The chief executive of Newcastle United has spelled out the extent of his bitter rift with former manager Kevin Keegan.

While downing Mojito cocktails in Dubai, Derek Llambias was heard to say of one meeting with the 57-year-old England legend: "I had to have a third person in the room when I met him otherwise I would have slapped him."

The remark was made on Tuesday as Llambias, club owner Mike Ashley and director of football Dennis Wise visited the oil-rich state in a failed bid to sell the crisis-hit Premiership outfit.

Ashley, 45, was said to have been angered by an "insulting" offer of less than £200million from representatives of Dubai's royal family and snubbed a meeting with them that night, staying in a bar with Llambias and Wise instead.

Ashley was said to want £480million - more than twice the sum he paid for United in 2007.

He told Llambias: "I would rather stick with the club than sell at that price.

"I will put up with the fury of the fans. I am not going to sell for a knock-down price."

Meanwhile, it emerged yesterday that Ashley could have sold the club to Dubai investors three months ago.

The unknown potential buyers proposed a takeover which would have put a Geordie management team in place at St James' Park - a move seen as key in having a deal accepted by United fans.

But after making contact with the club, the London brokers representing the client never heard anything back.

It is not known if they would still do business.

Advertisement - article continues below »

Click Here!

Peter Cadman, a solicitor representing Ashley and Llambias, said in a statement yesterday: "Mr Ashley may well have expressed his views that the discussed valuation for the club was too low.

"His approach was not to express disinterest in either the views or the opinions of the fans.

"Mr Llambias does recall saying he was very frustrated by Mr Keegan during a negotiations meeting that he could have slapped him."

NEWCASTLE OWNER MIKE ASHLEY

AGE 45

Home Burnham Bucks

Job Billionaire sportswear boss

MANAGING DIRECTOR DEREK LLAMBIAS

AGE 51

Home London

Job Newcastle United MD

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

Ashley's solicitor making a statement leads me to believe there'll be a Sunday paper slaughter of Ashley/Wise/Lambias tomorrow.