The Magedia Thread - Sunderland suck trollolololol

Rocker

4th placed Aston Villa's 21000 was bolsterd by 6000 QPR fans too. doubt youll hear anything about them on the news.

Villa fan at work who went last night told me this today. I couldnt believe it.

He said he spent the whole night arguing with the blokes on either side of him as they spent the whole 90 minutes moaning about how shite Villa were. Some fans dont know how lucky they are

You know what. I just getting really sick of every man and his dog having their say about our club. Telling us what's wrong from their all knowing vantage point.

Mind your own sodden business tbh.

I don't read newspapers, I don't listen to Talksport, I don't listen to 'The 3 Legends', I don't watch those twats from the papers on Sky on a weekend and I don't watch Sky Sports News. Most of it is just designed to get a response or kick you when you're down. The results of not reading/watching/listening to all that is that I am a lot happier person than I would be if I did 'consume' it.

Just seen an interview with Joe Kinnear on SSN where he's saying the sub prime press are at it again looking for ways to stick a knife in him now he's at Newcastle.

The same vermin ridiculed everything Keegan did and now they're straight at his replacement. One thing is sure their obsessive hatred of Newcastle will never cease whoever the new owners and management team are.

Got to say I haven't bought any papers (does anyone still have to buy a paper now that they are so desperate and have to give away free copies everywhere ?) so I haven't read it first hand, but there again wouldn't have to it can be taken for granted that certain low life journalists will continue their anti-Newcastle crusade whatever happens.

4th placed Aston Villa's 21000 was bolsterd by 6000 QPR fans too. doubt youll hear anything about them on the news.

He said he spent the whole night arguing with the blokes on either side of him as they spent the whole 90 minutes moaning about how shite Villa were. Some fans dont know how lucky they are

Just like us lot when we came 5th under Robson.

Its an interesting anecdote anyway, i presume your mate was arguing with the two blokes?

Just goes to show 2/3 of football fans are stupid. Sounds about right, a slightly below average distribution of grey matter.

Just seen an interview with Joe Kinnear on SSN where he's saying the sub prime press are at it again looking for ways to stick a knife in him now he's at Newcastle.

The same vermin ridiculed everything Keegan did and now they're straight at his replacement. One thing is sure their obsessive hatred of Newcastle will never cease whoever the new owners and management team are.

Got to say I haven't bought any papers (does anyone still have to buy a paper now that they are so desperate and have to give away free copies everywhere ?) so I haven't read it first hand, but there again wouldn't have to it can be taken for granted that certain low life journalists will continue their anti-Newcastle crusade whatever happens.

Quotes here;  "

He told Sky Sports News: "It [the past week] has been very hectic and most enjoyable, except for some of the media coverage.

"Some of it has been way off the mark and some of it has been far-fetched and some of it is basically a pack of lies.

"But I have tried not to focus on it too much. They [the media] have not asked anybody of any quality that worked with me for many years what I am really like.

"Unfortunately it has been 'stab Joe Kinnear in the back week'. They have only spoken with people I have had a row with. I am disappointed with it."

Obviously,  the test is on sunday,  but I am currently much,  much happier having him in charge of our club then Chris Hughton.

Quotes here;  "

He told Sky Sports News: "It [the past week] has been very hectic and most enjoyable, except for some of the media coverage.

"Some of it has been way off the mark and some of it has been far-fetched and some of it is basically a pack of lies.

"But I have tried not to focus on it too much. They [the media] have not asked anybody of any quality that worked with me for many years what I am really like.

"Unfortunately it has been 'stab Joe Kinnear in the back week'. They have only spoken with people I have had a row with. I am disappointed with it."

Obviously,  the test is on sunday,  but I am currently much,  much happier having him in charge of our club then Chris Hughton.

That media attack on Kinear could actually work in his favour.

Given the shit-storm he's chosen to walk into it would have been easy for him to just take the money and keep a low profile but the fact he's prepared to speak his mind and antagonize the press means I'm certainly starting to warm to the bloke a bit more, and I'm sure the players will appreciate it given the kicking they've had in the media recently.

Quotes here;  "

well said joe, good on you!

i'm definitely warming to him more now, nice to see some honesty

Guest Phil K

See Joe Kinnear is now experiencing the lies and spite of the national media towards Newcastle.

Come as a bit of a shock to someone more used to a PRO-bias in the south, no doubt.

Joe fighting back through a quality local paper

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/10/02/kinnear-fights-off-the-negative-vibes-61634-21944773/

Kinnear fights off the negative vibes

Oct 2 2008 by Mark Douglas, The Journal

Joe Kinnear knows time is of the essence if he is to turn around Newcastle United’s season. In an exclusive interview, he tells Mark Douglas how it can be done.

IF the accusation which has been made against Newcastle United since Kevin Keegan departed is that they lack fight, they’ve appointed the right man to reverse their retreat into the relegation zone.

Joe Kinnear has never backed down from a battle in his 43-year football career and his clarion call to United’s embattled support is that he’s not about to start now. After four years out of football, Kinnear has taken on perhaps the biggest challenge of his career.

He has to haul a demoralised side back from the chaos created by Keegan’s sudden walk-out and the public divorce between Mike Ashley and the support.

But Kinnear retains his belief in his own abilities and those of the players he has inherited. He wholeheartedly rejects sneering suggestions that Newcastle, without a point since the defeat of Bolton in August, are a lost cause. Kinnear’s positivity is a welcome at a club cloaked in negativity since the fall-out following the closing of the transfer window.

Even the horrendous injury list, which saw Kinnear take charge of a training session of only 13 fit players on Wednesday, will not intrude on his insistence that Newcastle’s dire situation can be turned around. “I have only got positive views about this football club. I’m not a negative kind of person,” he said. “I know all about the troubles and I’ve seen at first hand that we’ve got a very small squad.

“But it has been fantastic so far and I believe things are starting to gel. The players have been very receptive and worked really, really hard in training.

“I’m not saying it’s going to be easy and it won’t be, because we’ve got seven key men missing and that makes a big, big difference. There are some quality players that we’ve got on the injured list. With them in the team, I believe we’d be comfortably in the top 10.

“But I’m not making excuses. We’ll get on with it and I believe that we can turn it around.”

After seeing Newcastle concede two bad goals against Blackburn, Kinnear has made sorting out Newcastle’s creaking back four an early priority.

In Steven Taylor, Shay Given and Fabricio Coloccini, United have the raw materials for one of the best back-lines in the division, but injuries to full-backs have undermined their efforts.

An emergency move for Stephen Carr, released by United in the summer, is being considered, although Kinnear believes the imminent return of Jose Enrique and Habib Beye will have a major impact.

“For weeks and months we haven’t had a full back four on the pitch” Kinnear said. “We’ve have had four centre-halves playing across the back four and that doesn’t help any of us, especially the young lads who have been forced to play out of position,

“We have been working all week on the training pitch on Fabricio Coloccini and Steven Taylor working together and there is no reason why it shouldn’t work because they’re both quality players.

“Tayls has a big future and Fabricio is a class act. He’s more like a Bobby Moore character in that he can take a ball out of the air, chest it down and play it out of the back four with both feet.

“Believe me – he’s a really good player and it’s only a matter of time before he comes good.”

Getting back on the training ground has been one of the highlights of returning to football for Kinnear, who says his man management skills – hailed during his time at Wimbledon – will be tested as he looks to lift players with limited confidence.

Even at this stage it has not all been plain sailing. Newcastle’s interim manager was braced for some negative headlines when he walked into a job he knows no one else wanted.

But he was surprised at the extent of the backlash and the “untruths” aimed in his direction. In particular he is angry at the way his decision to give the players Monday off was reported.

Kinnear believes that some of the negative reporting of his appointment is a hangover from his days in charge at Wimbledon, when he managed the unfashionable West London club, and is proud of his record of achievement.

“Our record stacks up against anyone’s. We made Cup finals and were a real force in the top division, but we never got any credit for it. They never got any recognition but when players left us they got England caps – look at Warren Barton, John Scales and Keith Curle.

“I expected some of the flak, to be honest, and I’m not bothered. But I don’t like the stuff that’s not true. Some of it has been outrageous.”

While making his re-acquaintances with the Press hasn’t been a positive experience, Kinnear is delighted to be back in football and in such a high-profile role. He has been particularly impressed with the Newcastle fans, who, he believes, will give him a fair crack of the whip.

“After the game on Saturday I flew back to see my wife and I didn’t realise so many Newcastle fans travelled from London see the games,” he said.

“Every single one of them came up to me and shook me by the hand and wished me well. They said to me that I’ve got a really hard job to do – harder than I’ve ever done before – but that they’ll get behind me while I’m here.

“That’s fine with me. I believe I’ll get eight games and the supporters and everyone else should judge me on how many points we get in that space of time. I have no problem with that. But give me a chance to make an impact.”

'It will be a wrench to leave'

JOE Kinnear admits it will be difficult to hand over control of Newcastle United to another manager when his short time at the helm is finished.

With a takeover near to completion, according to United’s interim boss, he does not envisage having any more than eight games to change the course of a season that has brought only turmoil.

The short-term nature of his appointment means he is unlikely to have a full squad to pick from before handing over control, and that will provoke pangs of regret.

Kinnear does not believe he will be able to call on Mark Viduka, who departed for Australia for treatment for an Achilles injury earlier this week.

But he is hopeful of being able to recall Jonas Guttierez, who has been out with a shoulder injury since the international break last month. “When you look at the options that we have who are not available through injury, there’s a hell of a lot of quality in there,” he said. “It’s a small squad, but I think it is a great squad when we’ve got everyone available

“I’m gutted that in all likelihood I won’t be here when the time comes when they are all fit and well. I would dearly love to be in charge of that team because it is an excellent squad. I have no doubts that they’d finish in the top 10.

“And if I was here when the transfer window opened I’d have no doubts that the chairman and the owner would back me in the market. I’ve spoken to the owner and I know that I would get the finance from him to strengthen the squad and add some more quality to it.

“Sadly, I don’t think that is going to happen. I have spoken to Mike Ashley and I think the takeover is near now, so I’m working on the fact that I’ll have eight games.”

Joe fighting back through a quality local paper

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/10/02/kinnear-fights-off-the-negative-vibes-61634-21944773/

Kinnear fights off the negative vibes

Oct 2 2008 by Mark Douglas, The Journal

Joe Kinnear knows time is of the essence if he is to turn around Newcastle United’s season. In an exclusive interview, he tells Mark Douglas how it can be done.

IF the accusation which has been made against Newcastle United since Kevin Keegan departed is that they lack fight, they’ve appointed the right man to reverse their retreat into the relegation zone.

Joe Kinnear has never backed down from a battle in his 43-year football career and his clarion call to United’s embattled support is that he’s not about to start now. After four years out of football, Kinnear has taken on perhaps the biggest challenge of his career.

He has to haul a demoralised side back from the chaos created by Keegan’s sudden walk-out and the public divorce between Mike Ashley and the support.

But Kinnear retains his belief in his own abilities and those of the players he has inherited. He wholeheartedly rejects sneering suggestions that Newcastle, without a point since the defeat of Bolton in August, are a lost cause. Kinnear’s positivity is a welcome at a club cloaked in negativity since the fall-out following the closing of the transfer window.

Even the horrendous injury list, which saw Kinnear take charge of a training session of only 13 fit players on Wednesday, will not intrude on his insistence that Newcastle’s dire situation can be turned around. “I have only got positive views about this football club. I’m not a negative kind of person,” he said. “I know all about the troubles and I’ve seen at first hand that we’ve got a very small squad.

“But it has been fantastic so far and I believe things are starting to gel. The players have been very receptive and worked really, really hard in training.

“I’m not saying it’s going to be easy and it won’t be, because we’ve got seven key men missing and that makes a big, big difference. There are some quality players that we’ve got on the injured list. With them in the team, I believe we’d be comfortably in the top 10.

“But I’m not making excuses. We’ll get on with it and I believe that we can turn it around.”

After seeing Newcastle concede two bad goals against Blackburn, Kinnear has made sorting out Newcastle’s creaking back four an early priority.

In Steven Taylor, Shay Given and Fabricio Coloccini, United have the raw materials for one of the best back-lines in the division, but injuries to full-backs have undermined their efforts.

An emergency move for Stephen Carr, released by United in the summer, is being considered, although Kinnear believes the imminent return of Jose Enrique and Habib Beye will have a major impact.

“For weeks and months we haven’t had a full back four on the pitch” Kinnear said. “We’ve have had four centre-halves playing across the back four and that doesn’t help any of us, especially the young lads who have been forced to play out of position,

“We have been working all week on the training pitch on Fabricio Coloccini and Steven Taylor working together and there is no reason why it shouldn’t work because they’re both quality players.

“Tayls has a big future and Fabricio is a class act. He’s more like a Bobby Moore character in that he can take a ball out of the air, chest it down and play it out of the back four with both feet.

“Believe me – he’s a really good player and it’s only a matter of time before he comes good.”

Getting back on the training ground has been one of the highlights of returning to football for Kinnear, who says his man management skills – hailed during his time at Wimbledon – will be tested as he looks to lift players with limited confidence.

Even at this stage it has not all been plain sailing. Newcastle’s interim manager was braced for some negative headlines when he walked into a job he knows no one else wanted.

But he was surprised at the extent of the backlash and the “untruths” aimed in his direction. In particular he is angry at the way his decision to give the players Monday off was reported.

Kinnear believes that some of the negative reporting of his appointment is a hangover from his days in charge at Wimbledon, when he managed the unfashionable West London club, and is proud of his record of achievement.

“Our record stacks up against anyone’s. We made Cup finals and were a real force in the top division, but we never got any credit for it. They never got any recognition but when players left us they got England caps – look at Warren Barton, John Scales and Keith Curle.

“I expected some of the flak, to be honest, and I’m not bothered. But I don’t like the stuff that’s not true. Some of it has been outrageous.”

While making his re-acquaintances with the Press hasn’t been a positive experience, Kinnear is delighted to be back in football and in such a high-profile role. He has been particularly impressed with the Newcastle fans, who, he believes, will give him a fair crack of the whip.

“After the game on Saturday I flew back to see my wife and I didn’t realise so many Newcastle fans travelled from London see the games,” he said.

“Every single one of them came up to me and shook me by the hand and wished me well. They said to me that I’ve got a really hard job to do – harder than I’ve ever done before – but that they’ll get behind me while I’m here.

“That’s fine with me. I believe I’ll get eight games and the supporters and everyone else should judge me on how many points we get in that space of time. I have no problem with that. But give me a chance to make an impact.”

'It will be a wrench to leave'

JOE Kinnear admits it will be difficult to hand over control of Newcastle United to another manager when his short time at the helm is finished.

With a takeover near to completion, according to United’s interim boss, he does not envisage having any more than eight games to change the course of a season that has brought only turmoil.

The short-term nature of his appointment means he is unlikely to have a full squad to pick from before handing over control, and that will provoke pangs of regret.

Kinnear does not believe he will be able to call on Mark Viduka, who departed for Australia for treatment for an Achilles injury earlier this week.

But he is hopeful of being able to recall Jonas Guttierez, who has been out with a shoulder injury since the international break last month. “When you look at the options that we have who are not available through injury, there’s a hell of a lot of quality in there,” he said. “It’s a small squad, but I think it is a great squad when we’ve got everyone available

“I’m gutted that in all likelihood I won’t be here when the time comes when they are all fit and well. I would dearly love to be in charge of that team because it is an excellent squad. I have no doubts that they’d finish in the top 10.

“And if I was here when the transfer window opened I’d have no doubts that the chairman and the owner would back me in the market. I’ve spoken to the owner and I know that I would get the finance from him to strengthen the squad and add some more quality to it.

“Sadly, I don’t think that is going to happen. I have spoken to Mike Ashley and I think the takeover is near now, so I’m working on the fact that I’ll have eight games.”

Fortunately the Journal has retained it's high standards of writing when even the old broadsheets have had to resort to tabloid type journalism.

Very positive and honest from Joe. He's got bottle.

Just like us lot when we came 5th under Robson.

Its an interesting anecdote anyway, i presume your mate was arguing with the two blokes?

Just goes to show 2/3 of football fans are stupid. Sounds about right, a slightly below average distribution of grey matter.

Yeah. My mate is very level headed and is loving whats going on at the minute - he appreciates what is going on down there. The two guys either side of him were not the usual couple that are there with season tickets on a saturday.

Yes. he was arguing against the 2 of them basically telling them to shut up.

Worth a post in here too,  from the Times tommorow.

Kinnear took exception to reports that queried the logic of Newcastle’s first-team players having Monday off. In the first five minutes of his comments to written journalists, he employed 50 expletives, describing reporters as “c***s” and “so f***ing slimy”, but his threat to curtail media operations at a club who have been crippled by a lack of communication would appear questionable.

“I will stand up and fight for myself in any corner,” he said. “You’re not going to f*** me off or frighten me in any manner. Whatever you do, or whatever headlines you run, you’re not going to embarrass me. I’m not going to stand for it. I’ve come up here for a simple chance to f***ing prove myself. Get off my back and let me get on with my job. That’s all I ask. F***ing hell.”

Brilliantly said.

Worth a post in here too,  from the Times tommorow.

Kinnear took exception to reports that queried the logic of Newcastle’s first-team players having Monday off. In the first five minutes of his comments to written journalists, he employed 50 expletives, describing reporters as “c***s” and “so f***ing slimy”, but his threat to curtail media operations at a club who have been crippled by a lack of communication would appear questionable.

“I will stand up and fight for myself in any corner,” he said. “You’re not going to f*** me off or frighten me in any manner. Whatever you do, or whatever headlines you run, you’re not going to embarrass me. I’m not going to stand for it. I’ve come up here for a simple chance to f***ing prove myself. Get off my back and let me get on with my job. That’s all I ask. F***ing hell.”

Brilliantly said.

Thats quality :lol:

He's really impressed me, not just with his swearing, but his general attidude. I havent come across many fans that dont like him either, yet i get the impression that the media are still trying to get over that fans dont like him?

Guest Ebolarama

Wow, after reading JFK's swear-fest press conference, I'm even more embarrassed he's at the club. How depressingly childish.

does this thread prove that when it comes to how we want our dealings with the press to be conducted they can't win ?

They're probably loving it tbh. Apart from Simon Bird that is. He must be feeling a bit of a twat.