Freddy's Book!?

Dr Venkman

From the Mail:

Former Newcastle chairman Shepherd to respond to criticism but you'll have to wait for the book

Freddy Shepherd, the former Newcastle chairman castigated by Graeme Souness as 'the biggest problem' during his managerial spell at St James' Park, did not want to respond to the attack on his return from Barbados yesterday.

Instead, Shepherd will answer Souness in a book about his time in charge of Newcastle, to be published later in the year.

Souness alleged on Sunday that Spanish forward Albert Luque could have been bought for £2million rather than £10m - and that signing Michael Owen was not his decision.

"He would say that, wouldn't he?" was all Shepherd would reply yesterday.

The way things really were? Or just trying to make a bit more money?

Guest elbee909

"He would say that, wouldn't he?"

With such sparkling wit and clever verbiage, I'm sure the book will be impossible to put down.  Might as well have said "But Miss, he started it!"

Ghost written by Oliver??? Don't like the guy but I'd buy it!!

:lol:

can;t even imagine what that would be like!!!! I'd say 92% of it will be about Oliver himself, and what he'd been told today by (insert name of unwitting poor sod), 3% on Shepherd, and the rest on what a cunt Robert was

Guest LucaAltieri

I'd buy it. Probably going to be mostly bullshit but it would be interesting to see what Fat Fred's version of reality is like.

I'd buy it. Probably going to be mostly bullshit but it would be interesting to see what Fat Fred's version of reality is like.

exactly, we all know he was dodgy. but hes not going to admit all in a book

Guest neesy111

tbf, souness was actually right

he was after boa motre for over 6 months (wud of been a good signing and cost less) and was always credited with wanting anelka and he would of been 10x times better, never injured and cost a whole lot less

if u have a chairman buying and selling players behind a managers back then you have problems this is why we are in the position we are now

he was after boa motre for over 6 months (wud of been a good signing and cost less) and was always credited with wanting anelka and he would of been 10x times better, never injured and cost a whole lot less

if u have a chairman buying and selling players behind a managers back then you have problems this is why we are in the position we are now

as he says, souness would say that. But I expect you know best

Leazes, from day one of the Luque signing I told people that Souness wanted Boa Morte, and Freddie decided he was over-priced. HE told Souness to buy Luque.

That comes from a source NOT involved in NUFC, who has day to day dealings with Fulham. He has no reason whatsoever to lie.

This isn't me making the claim now Souness has come out with it, it's on toonchat, or toontastic, and has been from the start.

I don't trust Souness with 99% of what he says, but he's absolutely spot on about this situation.

Leazes, from day one of the Luque signing I told people that Souness wanted Boa Morte, and Freddie decided he was over-priced. HE told Souness to buy Luque.

That comes from a source NOT involved in NUFC, who has day to day dealings with Fulham. He has no reason whatsoever to lie.

This isn't me making the claim now Souness has come out with it, it's on toonchat, or toontastic, and has been from the start.

I don't trust Souness with 99% of what he says, but he's absolutely spot on about this situation.

Overpriced as in the club didn't have the money at the time / his terms and the fee were too high, or overpriced as in Shepherd didn't rate him personally ?

There is a massive difference between those 2 scenarios.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. No manager worth his salt is a yes man, they would resign or force a sacking if they want their money, Souness is many things but he's no yes man. And he certainly didn't force a sacking. Quite simply, the idiot is in a complete state of denial about the mess he made of the job and always will be. That comment he made about only being allowed money to tart up the team must be the most stupid ever and nobody in the studio at the time was either bothered enough or knowledgeable enough to challenge him about it.

Overpriced as in the club didn't have the money at the time / his terms and the fee were too high, or overpriced as in Shepherd didn't rate him personally ?

There is a massive difference between those 2 scenarios.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. No manager worth his salt is a yes man, they would resign or force a sacking if they want their money, Souness is many things but he's no yes man. And he certainly didn't force a sacking. Quite simply, the idiot is in a complete state of denial about the mess he made of the job and always will be. That comment he made about only being allowed money to tart up the team must be the most stupid ever and nobody in the studio at the time was either bothered enough or knowledgeable enough to challenge him about it.

We offered £3.3m. Fulham wanted £5.5m. We pulled out of the deal because Fred had been offered Luque and didn't want to pay £5.5m for Boa Morte.  The club clearly had the money, and it never got to the stage of agreeing terms.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. No manager worth his salt is a yes man, they would resign or force a sacking if they want their money

Rafa has not walked out on Liverpool, Jose did not leave Chelsea's & Souey did not leave us. The vast majority hang in there.  I am not sure if a manager would get their money if they forced a sacking. You only have to look how long Freddie & co held back on Bobbys dough.

NE5 I often understand your viewpoint mate but Fred had his faults man.