Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

:lol: Your spin on events is incredible.

Nothing incredible about it. It's totally obvious, if you're prepared to use your brain.

:lol: It was widely reported that Keegan was reprimanded by Ashley for telling the truth to the fans, the truth being that we couldn't challenge the top 4 without significant investment.  He may well have been trying to exert pressure on the owner for more funds, but the point I was making is that the way you repeatedly turn things around on one of the best men ever associated with the club in favour of proven liars is absolutely unreal.  Very strange.

Also, Ashley was quoted many times in his first few years at NUFC saying that he wanted us to challenge the best.  Upto you whether he was lying or not.

Its funny innit, KK clocked these buggers straight away and rightly so said he couldnt work with them.  They just wanted a front man for the club who would do all the talking, while in the background the club was being gutted from the inside out and turned into a brand name rather than an actually sporting club.

KK got a lot of stick for walking, he was bang on the money and I had no doubt in my mind he was right at the time.

Some people owe him and apology.

"..We then get Modric. Modric agent was a massive fan of mine when i played. He came up, and we sat in a room with this Tony Jimenez, who was a steward at Chelsea..thats his only connection, that i could find, to football. And this steward from Chelsea Tony Jimenez said to Mordic agent: "He is decent, but not good enough for the Premier league". So we went out and  i said you are a f*** idiot, he just played against England in Wembley and played them of the park.."

"..We then get Modric. Modric agent was a massive fan of mine when i played. He came up, and we sat in a room with this Tony Jimenez, who was a steward at Chelsea..thats his only connection, that i could find, to football. And this steward from Chelsea Tony Jimenez said to Mordic agent: "He is decent, but not good enough for the Premier league". So we went out and  i said you are a f*** idiot, he just played against England in Wembley and played them of the park.."

Where is this from?

Read a handful of books about the man, I can't begin to tell you how much MORE I love and respect him. He's what football was and he should either a) still be part of this club or b) at every single match watching us from the ownership seats seeing us battle for the top places in this league. Hurts it's neither and even more so that we actually had him here again and he was daring us all to believe and dream for a short bit.

Nothing incredible about it. It's totally obvious, if you're prepared to use your brain.

:lol: It was widely reported that Keegan was reprimanded by Ashley for telling the truth to the fans, the truth being that we couldn't challenge the top 4 without significant investment.  He may well have been trying to exert pressure on the owner for more funds, but the point I was making is that the way you repeatedly turn things around on one of the best men ever associated with the club in favour of proven liars is absolutely unreal.  Very strange.

Also, Ashley was quoted many times in his first few years at NUFC saying that he wanted us to challenge the best.  Upto you whether he was lying or not.

Firstly, apologies for my previous post, which was a bit rude.

I must point out though that you have acknowledged that Keegan might have been trying to put pressure on Ashley, so I can't see why my initial comment should be described as 'incredible'.

It does get frustrating that any comment on Keegan's behaviour that isn't 100% positive, gets treated as a vicious attack.

Firstly, apologies for my previous post, which was a bit rude.

I must point out though that you have acknowledged that Keegan might have been trying to put pressure on Ashley, so I can't see why my initial comment should be described as 'incredible'.

It does get frustrating that any comment on Keegan's behaviour that isn't 100% positive, gets treated as a vicious attack.

I described your spin on things as incredible and you've ignored my last sentence, re Ashley saying early doors he wanted us to challenge.  Can dig up the quotes if you like.

Read the books, you'll fall in love with him all over again. He's the fucking greatest. Legend man. The fact that men like him are not in football and inept cunts likes Pardew are, sickening.

He was at BEIN last night and Angus Scot ask him if Klopp is going to Manage Newcastle. He said under the owner is not possible but he add if he leaves Dortmund and if he wants to experience something similar atmosphere like them it will be at St James Park. Klivert and Domi agreed with him. Angus concluded with extra 34 million in the bank we never know.

He was at BEIN last night and Angus Scot ask him if Klopp is going to Manage Newcastle. He said under the owner is not possible but he add if he leaves Dortmund and if he wants to experience something similar atmosphere like them it will be at St James Park. Klivert and Domi agreed with him. Angus concluded with extra 34 million in the bank we never know.

Ha. Not a chance.

Unless he enjoys being paid peanuts and told when to lose.

• 2 weeks later...

Fucking hell I'm getting old :lol:

:lol: Aye, hate stuff like that. When you remember something so clearly and then you're reminded "That was twenty years ago".

Twenty years man :lol: Twenty YEARS :lol: I feel ancient

:lol: Aye, hate stuff like that. When you remember something so clearly and then you're reminded "That was twenty years ago".

You aren't that old, it was only 19 years ago.

You aren't that old, it was only 19 years ago.

:lol: Aye, one more year of youth left.  Make the most of it.