Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

Guest Howaythetoon

When I have a bit of spare time, I do a bit of blogging about business and leadership predominantly.

I've started a short series of articles looking at lessons in leadership from my time supporting Newcastle - with the three part series looking at Keegan, Robson and Shearer.

Here is Part 1, on Kevin Keegan: http://threefproject.com/2014/09/08/keegan-robson-shearer/

Aw man, I loved that. Thanks for sharing. As a business man myself, KK is very much a leader, an entrepreneur and a businessman. He was to NUFC what Jobs was to Apple imo. Looking forward to the next installment.

When I have a bit of spare time, I do a bit of blogging about business and leadership predominantly.

I've started a short series of articles looking at lessons in leadership from my time supporting Newcastle - with the three part series looking at Keegan, Robson and Shearer.

Here is Part 1, on Kevin Keegan: http://threefproject.com/2014/09/08/keegan-robson-shearer/

Good read, thanks for that. Glaringly apparent that Pardew and Keegan are polar opposites, if it was't already obvious.

Absolutely great read!! 

It was actually the old division 3 we were close to slipping into when KK was appointed. Great read nonetheless.

Hurts to think he should have had the same tenure, if not continuing at this club that Sir Alex Ferguson or Arsene Wenger have had at Manchester United and Arsenal. Save for maybe a walk-away like he did -> Dalglish -> Gullitt -> SBR -> Keegan from then on again.

He's such a brilliant human being I can actually forgive him for saying Pardew was doing a great job.

While I disagree with it, I respect his opinion on the situation because he actually knows what goes on there.

I don't, because he got the players looking like footballers with what went on there.

Guest Howaythetoon

He's such a brilliant human being I can actually forgive him for saying Pardew was doing a great job.

He didn't exactly put it like that, like. He sort of acknowledged how tough a job it is for him having to work with the cunts and felt sorry for him from a fellow manager's point of view. I wasn't there when he said it but he apparently also said he's not a NUFC manager because he's a negative manager which is the opposite of what the club and fans are all about or need to be about. He also said 5th place should be bare minimum for this club and that the whole cup thing is a disgrace.

Guest Howaythetoon

Mate, I've heard it, "he's done a great job, I think" is what he said in May.

Different to what I've heard, sure he wasn't being sarcastic?