Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

Apparently said he's gona get someone to buy the club :lol: if only eh

:aww:

I been saying he and Shearer and whoever else that people abroad would have some affinity to, should be trying to work on getting a group together to buy the club and put them inside for whatever role -- board, manager etc (obv board for Big Al, manager/dof/president/chairman for Keegan)

Keegan leading a consortium to buy the club would be the greatest thing to happen to the club in my lifetime.

Would be dreamland stuff that.

There was always a rumour about the Sultan of Brunei when he was about, wasnt there? Imagine!

There was always a rumour about the Sultan of Brunei when he was about, wasnt there? Imagine!

Keegan and him were mates if my memory is any good, didn't the Sultan buy us a new coach when Keegan was manager and took the players over to his country?

Keegan leading a consortium to buy the club would be the greatest thing to happen to the club in my lifetime.

The same sultan that's just enforced sharia law on his country? No thanks. :lol:

dont care what anyone says, i'd give my right fucking arm for him to be our gaffer again.

I'd love a Keegan DoF, personally. He's someone who knows football and has a clear vision and culture for the club. But I'd prefer someone more involved in the modern game was the manager.

The same sultan that's just enforced sharia law on his country? No thanks. :lol:

he loves the toon though! so, swings and roundabouts and all that!

Keegan and him were mates if my memory is any good, didn't the Sultan buy us a new coach when Keegan was manager and took the players over to his country?

there was def a link, not sure on the coach tale though?

The luxury coach almost certainly happened, I can remember reading about it in The Chronicle at the time he bought it for £750,000.

The luxury coach almost certainly happened, I can remember reading about it in The Chronicle at the time he bought it for £750,000.

wow!

He got £8m for the unfair dismissal claim, so if he's invested that right that's got to have increased by now. So we just need to find another £100m or so from somewhere, easy.

He got £2 million.

He got £8m for the unfair dismissal claim, so if he's invested that right that's got to have increased by now. So we just need to find another £100m or so from somewhere, easy.

He got £2 million.

Really? Ballbags. Where did I get £8m from then

He got £2 million.

Were you forced out too?

He got £2 million.

Were you forced out too?

Nah, she had a cesarean.

He got £2 million.

Were you forced out too?

Yeah 4 times as badly

wow!

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/mar/25/world-cup-qualifiers-newcastle-sunderland-middlesbrough

There was a time when Newcastle United players harboured mixed feelings about being called up for their various international sides. "Kevin Keegan knew the sultan of Brunei and, during the 1990s, he sometimes used to take those left behind at St James' Park in international weeks over to Brunei for mini-breaks," explained the former England and Newcastle midfielder Rob Lee. "Some of us visiting less exotic places with our countries were a little bit jealous."

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=9q0_LcWREVMC&pg=PA47&lpg=PA47&dq=kevin+keegan+sultan+of+brunei&source=bl&ots=WERHCI_ih5&sig=Fc_kqsrfnWFGiCpgXjQFdC01uYQ&hl=en&sa=X&ei=LkNtU8yJEuGI7AaPuIGYBg&ved=0CFUQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=kevin%20keegan&f=false

http://i57.tinypic.com/2n17uix.jpg