Who Will Keegan Go For?

johnnypd

We do need left back cover like, Riise has plenty of experience, Enrique could learn a lot from Riise..

But £6m? Would prefer someone like Arca for half of that.

Aye its way to much like for a player of his age, we do need to be looking at another LB though..

Also..... (from fansfc mind)

Beast linked with Newcastle United

06:43 January, 23, 2008

Julio Baptista has been linked with a move to Newcastle United Football Club.

The Brazilian international had a spell in England last season with Arsenal, yet Arsene Wenger decided against making the loan move permanent and the player returned to Real Madrid.

The future of the 26-year-old at the Bernabeu remains uncertain and he has featured in just six La Liga games this season, with reports suggesting Bernd Schuster could be willing to let him leave this month.

Kevin Keegan is believed to be interested in taking Baptista to St James Park to bolster his attacking options, and if he can’t persuade Real to loan him for the season, he may decide to pay £8million for a permanent move.

loan would be ideal IMO, with say the 8mil guaranteed at end if suits both parties.

Would be a bit of grit, determination and brazilian skill rolled into one!

IMO though it would be between him and Ashton, and I believe Ashton is good but injury prone, while if KK installed the confidence in the beast, he could be awesome!

loan would be ideal IMO, with say the 8mil guaranteed at end if suits both parties.

Would be a bit of grit, determination and brazilian skill rolled into one!

IMO though it would be between him and Ashton, and I believe Ashton is good but injury prone, while if KK installed the confidence in the beast, he could be awesome!

Julio is faster and more athletic too, so yeah, I would roll with Bap over Ashton too. Owen is already pretty slow and unathletic at this stage of his career. He needs some va va voom up there with him.

Guest maznislav

If both Baptista and Riise join us now in January, I think that this will be more than excellent transfer window for us.

Guest LucaAltieri

If both Baptista and The left-footed Carr join us now in January, I think that this will be more than excellent transfer window for us.

Guest LucaAltieri

Surely the left-footed Carr was Babayaro?

Babyaro was definitely a waster but Carr/Riise are more in the donkey mould.

If both Baptista and The left-footed Carr join us now in January, I think that this will be more than excellent transfer window for us.

this   mackems.gif

much rather see arca here than riise. that ginger c*** has nothing to contribute here, and enrique must never try to learn anything from him as he would start running straight forward with closed eyes and lose all his technique if he did.

id take baptista on a loan with an option to buy him if hes a success. too risky to buy him due to his failure at arse.

when does arshavin come???

Guest johnson293

Getting rid of Woodgate was one of the best pieces of business we've done. He's a perma-crock.

Don't want him back.

Has made 52 appearances in total, in his 18 months (?) with Burra? (corrected after checking their official site)

Currently out with a Hamstring Injury... expected back 26/01/08 (Physioroom.com)

Burra wouldn't sell for much less than they paid (£7m), so too much money to risk on him again.

Next!

They said," Boro are bracing themselves for a bid for defender Johnathan Woodgate from Newcastle, even though the defender is curreently injured he is meant to be a top priority on  Kevin Keegan's list, Keegan gave Woodgate his first England Cap".

Sounds like there could be something in that story because it isn't one that has been vomitted by the rags.

I'd love to see Woody back here and i'm convinced he would love to come back.

Riise

Ashton

Woodgate

Diego

all signing by the end of the week. Remember where you heard it first

Any source, or just a gut feeling?

Sarcasm i imagine especially since we've never been linked with Diego yet.

It could be from the ronnie gill, nothing on icnewcastle yet but its a bit early for a site update for them.

On here though

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/north-east-sport/sport-news/2008/01/23/keegan-swoop-on-woody-84229-20384724/

Keegan swoop on Woody?

Jan 23 2008 Evening Gazette

NEWCASTLE sources claimed today that Kevin Keegan is preparing a multi-million pound bid for Boro defender Jonathan Woodgate.

Reports insist that Keegan wants to take Woodgate back to St James’ Park as the first major signing of his second stint on Tyneside.

If the reports are correct, then Boro can steel themselves for a huge bid.

By all accounts Keegan has been handed a massive war chest, which means that the Magpies boss can make the kind of offer which might tempt Boro.

Not that Gareth Southgate wants to sell any of his senior players this month.

The Boro boss is well aware of the small size of his squad and would be reluctant to listen to bids for Woodgate, whatever amount of money was involved, largely because of the difficulties encountered in signing players at this time of year.

Woodgate is currently recovering from a shin injury and is not expected to play in Saturday’s Cuptie at Mansfield.

Wheater has been really good for them and Huth is back to full fitness so I guess something's got to give.

I imgaine one of Huth or Woodgate might be available.

also they need to fund the deal for alves because the downing deal is not as likely as earlier thought