Who Will Keegan Go For?

johnnypd

Attacking CM if possible. £10m for Cahill?

Cahill? Decent player, but I wouldn't pay 10m for him. He's a cunt annal.

good player, scores goals, dont give a shite about his rep if he does the biz. £10m might be steep, but we've got Ashley n Keegan, and its not cheap to buy a goalscoring CM.

Cahill? Decent player, but I wouldn't pay 10m for him. He's a c*** annal.

good player, scores goals, dont give a s**** about his rep if he does the biz. £10m might be steep, but we've got Ashley n Keegan, and its not cheap to buy a goalscoring CM.

all he does is gets into the box and scores when playing in a 4-5-1, cant tackle or pass, making him shit in a 4-4-2.

N'Zogbia needs to fill out a bit more if he wants to play in the middle, it's alright him playing there against s**** like Stoke but against the better teams we will get overran though the middle, leave him out on the left where his pace is more affective.

Hopefully he'll be looking for a midfielder who can dictate the pace of the game and a right winger with pace.

Aye, i hope Kev wasn't too encouraged by Zoggy's performance. It's not a coincidence that the only two times N'Zogbia has played well through the middle (or to his standard on the left) have been against Championship opposition.

(Southampton)

well, hasnt really played that much in the middle, has he?

Roeder seemed intent on accommodating Duff on the left, meaning (if he ever wanted Zog anywhere near the first team) N'Zogbia would be through the middle. He was hardly in the team but played some games in the centre and was pretty naff in comparison to his previous exploits on the left.

I'd be apprehensive to play him through the middle consistently. His position is left-wing, we should stop moving around. He'll have played left-wing, left-back, centre-mid and right-wing. At the weekend, obviously, i think he'd be a decent option, purely through lack of number. Long term though, LW ftw.

a couple of players keegan might be able to persuade to tyneside:

Dunne - managed him at City and saved his career.

SWP - developed into the player he is today after keegan moved him from wing-back to right-wing/inside right forward.

Van Der Vaart - Mighty Mouse may trumpet his HSV links.

Peter Cech - leave it to Pavel.

Rio and Anton Ferdinand - leave it to Les.

Van Buyten - out of favour at Bayern and Keegan had him on loan at Man City, will get Albert on the phone to him.

Berbatov - Became a Newcastle fan while Keegan was manager.

Afonso Alves - will tell him that Newcastle is closer to the Netherlands than Middlesbrough.

What's your opinion of Aaron Lennon, Johnny?

good player, fast, quick feet, inventive, final ball lets him down at times and needs to add shooting to his repertoire. better than our options at RW certainly. why, got something ITK to share with us?  :coolsmiley:

good player, fast, quick feet, inventive, final ball lets him down at times and needs to add shooting to his repertoire. better than our options at RW certainly. why, got something ITK to share with us?  :coolsmiley:

No mate, just thinking about our current problems with the squad earlier and his name came into my head, him and N'Zogbia on either wing would be mouth watering but Spurs would want a lot more for him than he's worth as a player, he's younger than Zog too which I didn't realise, I thought he was about 23.

No mate, just thinking about our current problems with the squad earlier and his name came into my head, him and N'Zogbia on either wing would be mouth watering but Spurs would want a lot more for him than he's worth as a player, he's younger than Zog too which I didn't realise, I thought he was about 23.

i pondered him in the OP, as close as you'll get to a modern day Gillespie, fast and direct and whips in well-hit crosses. i think he has a bit more to his game than Gillespie when cutting inside and also is rather good at the one-touch passing Spurs are so fond of.

A few names in one paper include...

Jermain Defoe, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Wayne Bridge, Deco, Celtic's Scott Brown, Daniel van Buyten and Wes Brown.

The Irish Times thinks he's preparing to move for Richard Dunne.

I think Scott Browns an excellent player, unlikely to leave Celtic so soon though but on his way to becoming a top class all round centre mid. They are probably just getting the link because Keegan was up in Glasgow for a while though...

good player, scores goals, dont give a s**** about his rep if he does the biz. £10m might be steep, but we've got Ashley n Keegan, and its not cheap to buy a goalscoring CM.

rather have arteta tbh

Dunne - Would be a good addition, have been very impressed when I have seen him recently. Would be good to see him and Faye!

Defoe - Would be fairly happy with depending on the price.

SWP - Having a good season with Chelsea, really can't see any reason for them to selling him to us unless it is for a huge amount.

Top priority has to be a creative centre midfielder, someone who can chip in with a decent amount of goals or at least be a good provider.

Defoe doesn't strike me as a Keegan type of striker - Sir Les, Shearer, Andy Cole, Anelka... I could see him being more interested in Bent to be honest. I also wouldn't bet against us trying to pull off a ridiculous signing like Berbatov. Toon fan after all! Was talk on Spurs sites in October about him wanting to move to us - highly tenuous mind!

I'd like SWP, Bent (still think he could be a top striker week in week out and if we can get him for 10m i'd think that was decent business), but agree an attacking CM has to be priority. So few that spring to mind though, back to Arshavin maybe?

rather have arteta tbh

Cahill would be a good signing, imo.

Guest The Toon Army from farawa

Could the hiccup in the McFadded deal mean we've made an enquiry.

I would of thought, with the money available to get someone better. I would prefer Defoe over McFadden

McFadden is listed as a striker but he strikes me as more of an attacking CM. Almost all of his goals start with a run from deep with the majority of them being scored from outside the box. He's definitely more Paul Scholes than Michael Owen.

Wouldn't mind him here as a creative midfielder but not as a striker. I'm sure we can do better though

Defoe doesn't strike me as a Keegan type of striker - Sir Les, Shearer, Andy Cole, Anelka... I could see him being more interested in Bent to be honest. I also wouldn't bet against us trying to pull off a ridiculous signing like Berbatov. Toon fan after all! Was talk on Spurs sites in October about him wanting to move to us - highly tenuous mind!

I'd like SWP, Bent (still think he could be a top striker week in week out and if we can get him for 10m i'd think that was decent business), but agree an attacking CM has to be priority. So few that spring to mind though, back to Arshavin maybe?

Defoe seems exactly the type of player Keegan would like to me. Owen is running down his contract and doesn't rate Keegan. Martins is unpredictable. Defoe would probably fit into Keegan's carpet football philosophy and with the other two mentioned not being cast-iron certs in the future, I could see Keegan going for Defoe.

Guest elbee909

Defoe seems exactly the type of player Keegan would like to me. Owen is running down his contract and doesn't rate Keegan. Martins is unpredictable.

Unpredictable, you say?

Two words:

Faustino.  Asprilla.

Personally think we should get him back to shoot people and potentially deal drugs to opposition players.