Who Will Keegan Go For?

johnnypd

N'Zogbia needs to fill out a bit more if he wants to play in the middle, it's alright him playing there against shite like Stoke but against the better teams we will get overran though the middle, leave him out on the left where his pace is more affective.

Hopefully he'll be looking for a midfielder who can dictate the pace of the game and a right winger with pace.

Aye, i hope Kev wasn't too encouraged by Zoggy's performance. It's not a coincidence that the only two times N'Zogbia has played well through the middle (or to his standard on the left) have been against Championship opposition.

(Southampton)

N'Zogbia needs to fill out a bit more if he wants to play in the middle, it's alright him playing there against s**** like Stoke but against the better teams we will get overran though the middle, leave him out on the left where his pace is more affective.

Hopefully he'll be looking for a midfielder who can dictate the pace of the game and a right winger with pace.

MYTH!!!

He's bigger than Fabregas and Flamini. He's also strong on the ball and tenacious.

He could definitely play int he centre, quite easily. The key is to have someone who can pass the ball beside him as we saw yesterday, it makes it easier for him as he drives forward well.

N'Zogbia needs to fill out a bit more if he wants to play in the middle, it's alright him playing there against s**** like Stoke but against the better teams we will get overran though the middle, leave him out on the left where his pace is more affective.

MYTH!!!

He's bigger than Fabregas and Flamini. He's also strong on the ball and tenacious.

He could definitely play int he centre, quite easily. The key is to have someone who can pass the ball beside him as we saw yesterday, it makes it easier for him as he drives forward well.

It's not a myth at all, he's played in the middle a few times for us and gets out muscled by bigger midfielders quite easily, he's not really comparable with either Flamini or Fabregas as they play a passing game where as Zog wants to run with it, meaning they won't be in possession long enough to be out muscled, he doesn't have this trouble out wide because the are isn't as compact.

You also have the problem when he goes on a run and loses possession, it leaves us wide open for a counter attack  and we've seen that when he's played in the middle in the past too.

Aye, i hope Kev wasn't too encouraged by Zoggy's performance. It's not a coincidence that the only two times N'Zogbia has played well through the middle (or to his standard on the left) have been against Championship opposition.

(Southampton)

Coincidence imo  :smug:

What are you lot on about?

He works at the academy. He talks about having a full-time job during his .co.uk interview.

Beardsley does not have a coaching role at the club.

He is currently employed in an undefined PR role.

Chris Coleman's agent has stated his client is looking for a management job back in England, but not as a No.2.

The former Fulham boss is now a free agent after departing Real Sociedad following a six-month tenure in Spain.

It had been suggested the former Wales international could link up with Kevin Keegan at Newcastle, but his agent says he is not looking to be an assistant.

"I have a feeling everyone is putting two and two together and making four," agent Alan Smith told BBC London on Coleman teaming up with Keegan.

Own right

"Chris is a football manager in his own right and I couldn't see him wanting to be a No.2 to anyone.

"He did well at Fulham, did well at Sociedad and I don't see the chemistry between him and Kevin.

"He just will have to wait for someone to get off the merry-go-round but I can't think for one moment it will be at Newcastle.

"There are certain people that are managers and certain people who are No.2s. There is no doubt in my mind Chris is a No.1."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3056193,00.html

(Southampton)

well, hasnt really played that much in the middle, has he?

He works at the academy. He talks about having a full-time job during his .co.uk interview.

I know that. But I doubt Keegan would've let it be known to Peter if he was getting anyone in or not, at this stage, as James was suggesting.

James didn't say Peter said Keegan told him anything like that, he just (correctly) said that Beardsley suggested its more likely the major deals would be conducted in the summer.

Says so during the .co.uk interview.

Depends what you consider major deals..  IMO we need to spend £10-15 on a player or two in this window if we're to have any chance of salvaging anything from the current season (by salvaging something I mean finishing in a reasonable position which will put us in a better position to buy players in the summer).

£10-15 wont get us much in this day.

Elano cost £8 million, a player of his quality would make a big difference for us.

Good Topic. Do you mean in the Transfer Window that's about to close?

Check out this keegan shirts

Snip

Do you know what day it is?  Obviously not if you think the windows about to close...  :idiot2:

I know that. But I doubt Keegan would've let it be known to Peter if he was getting anyone in or not, at this stage, as James was suggesting.

James didn't say Peter said Keegan told him anything like that, he just (correctly) said that Beardsley suggested its more likely the major deals would be conducted in the summer.

Depends what you consider major deals..  IMO we need to spend £10-15 on a player or two in this window if we're to have any chance of salvaging anything from the current season (by salvaging something I mean finishing in a reasonable position which will put us in a better position to buy players in the summer).

Elano cost £8 million, a player of his quality would make a big difference for us.

Half price because he doesn't really do the business away from home.

Half price because he doesn't really do the business away from home.

So you wouldn't take him right now for £8 million then?  Also if not doing the business away from home still means he can score and rip a team like ours to peices then I'd be fine with that :)

from shields gazette:

11 players Keegan could sign

AFTER his sensational return to Tyneside to undertake a second spell as Newcastle manager, Kevin Keegan must quickly get down to business in the transfer market.

After his sensational return to Tyneside to undertake a second spell as Newcastle manager, Kevin Keegan must quickly get down to business in the transfer market.

With a fortnight of the January window remaining, here's a list of possible targets who could joining King Kev's second St James's Park revolution.

OLOF MELLBERG

With the Swede's future at Aston Villa still not sorted, several clubs have been sniffing around the versatile defender. His committed attitude, physical presence and defensive instincts would be a welcome - and cheap - addition to the Magpies' squad.

DANIEL VAN BUYTEN

The Belgian defender, who can also play in midfield, won many admirers during a loan spell at Manchester City. Struggling to get a game at Bayern Munich and likely to be available for the right price.

MATHIEU BODMER

French midfield all-rounder who joined Lyon in the summer and has done well in Ligue 1, but is not necessarily indispensable to Alain Perrin.

RIO MAVUBA

Newcastle must make the midfield a priority with both a holding player and playmaker needed. Steely, energetic French midfield enforcer Mavuba signed for Villarreal from Bordeaux in the summer but has found opportunities limited.

DAVID ALBELDA

Gritty Spanish defensive midfielder out of favour with Valencia boss Ronald Koeman, currently being hawked around most Premier League clubs.

RAFAEL VAN DER VAART

Hugely-talented Dutch playmaker impressing this season for Hamburg, where he is club captain. Probably eyeing a move to a more illustrious club than Newcastle, though.

DECO

Deco's stock has fallen significantly at Barcelona, so Newcastle could undoubtedly afford him, and with the Premier League's top sides already catered for in that department, Newcastle could be his best option in England.

DAVID BELLION

Manchester United and Sunderland flop who has finally started to show signs of delivering on his potential for Bordeaux in France, scoring 11 goals so far - seco

nd only to Lyon's Karim Benzema.

EWERTHON

Brazilian forward who can play as an attacking midfielder, striker or out wide. He joined German champions Stuttgart from Real Zaragoza in the summer but has not really managed to fit in with their workmanlike style of play.

GEOVANNI

Another Brazilian, Geovanni is rumoured to be on his way out of Manchester City despite only arriving in the summer. Versatile in several forward positions, he would sate Keegan's appetite for flair players.

LUIS JIMENEZ

Flamboyant Chilean winger who has not been a regular for Inter Milan despite his immense talent.

On loan at the San Siro before a permanent switch from Ternana at the end of this season, his current situation is therefore complicated but would certainly be worth an enquiry.

i would try get defoe. few of the names mentioned a couple of posts up are also a good selection. i aint sure about deco dont know if he would be any good in the prem. if chelsea hadnt signed anelka i would of gone for him too.