The impact of KK...

Guest Knightrider

Guest Knightrider
We're Sorry All Our Servers Are Busy. Our on-line sales system is very busy right now, but we will be able to take your ticket booking(s) shortly. Please try again in a few minutes.

Huge numbers of people outside SJP, cars beeping their horns all over the place, me jumping around the house singing "Keegan wonderland", my phone going every 2 minutes, me frantically trying to get tickets. Madness.

No other man could generate this kind of buzz and for those who have never experienced this buzz, let me tell you when KK was here first time as manager, it was as special as the football we played. I actually feel sorry for those who won't be in the city during all this.

Tonight we would have been lucky to get 25.000 through the door, tonight you will do well to get a ticket. That's what adding KK's name to NUFC does, it's the differance between a half empty stadium or a full one. It's the difference between KK and every other manager we've had. He's special and I am fucking delighted he's back. Aye aye it's daft and probably wrong, but I don't give a fuck what other fans think, what the media think or a stuff about logic and reason. I am sitting at my desk with the hairs on the back of my neck tingling.

Welcome back King Kev.  :clap2:

We're Sorry All Our Servers Are Busy. Our on-line sales system is very busy right now, but we will be able to take your ticket booking(s) shortly. Please try again in a few minutes.

Huge numbers of people outside SJP, cars beeping their horns all over the place, me jumping around the house singing "Keegan wonderland", my phone going every 2 minutes, me frantically trying to get tickets. Madness.

No other man could generate this kind of buzz and for those who have never experienced this buzz, let me tell you when KK was here first time as manager, it was as special as the football we played. I actually feel sorry for those who won't be in the city during all this.

Tonight we would have been lucky to get 25.000 through the door, tonight you will do well to get a ticket. That's what adding KK's name to NUFC does, it's the differance between a half empty stadium or a full one. It's the difference between KK and every other manager we've had. He's special and I am f****** delighted he's back. Aye aye it's daft and probably wrong, but I don't give a f*** what other fans think, what the media think or a stuff about logic and reason. I am sitting at my desk with the hairs on the back of my neck tingling.

Well said, good sir.

Tonight we would have been lucky to get 25.000 through the door, tonight you will do well to get a ticket. That's what adding KK's name to NUFC does, it's the differance between a half empty stadium or a full one. It's the difference between KK and every other manager we've had. He's special and I am fucking delighted he's back. Aye aye it's daft and probably wrong, but I don't give a fuck what other fans think, what the media think or a stuff about logic and reason. I am sitting at my desk with the hairs on the back of my neck tingling.

So do you owe an apology to the board or are you going to spout off negative shite like you have being doing over the last week?

Serious question, are you going to publicly apologise?

Tonight we would have been lucky to get 25.000 through the door, tonight you will do well to get a ticket. That's what adding KK's name to NUFC does, it's the differance between a half empty stadium or a full one. It's the difference between KK and every other manager we've had. He's special and I am f****** delighted he's back. Aye aye it's daft and probably wrong, but I don't give a f*** what other fans think, what the media think or a stuff about logic and reason. I am sitting at my desk with the hairs on the back of my neck tingling.

Who else is picturing this and laughing? :lol:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Imagine the atmopshere on Satuday!

Will KK be introduced tonight and in charge on Sat?

We'd have more chance of winning if he just walked into the dressing room 30mins before the game and picked the team, without saying a word, than if Pearson takes charge.

Who else is picturing this and laughing? :lol:

For a man who loved the board, then hated them in equal passion within hours, yes i'm laughing, but probably not in the same way.

The news of Keegan's 2nd coming has galvanised the toon army once again and the man isn't even on Tyneside yet!

Brilliant PR move from Ashley and Mort I have to say, the game was looking like 30,000 now there are queues all the way around the ground.

There's only one Kevin Keegan!!!

I'm shocked to see so many on this forum supporting this move. I honestly expected this opposite.

To me, the return of Keegan reinforces the outside perception that this club is currently shackled by sentiment and delusion - that only those with an 'understanding' and 'feel' for the Geordie Nation need apply, as the despicable Alan Oliver often reminds us. Keegan had his time and failed. He rode the crest of wave then came crashing back down, unable to deal with the pressure. He was soon found wanting (tactically) at international level.

But I naturally wish him well and hope that he does turn us around.

Guest Knightrider

So do you owe an apology to the board or are you going to spout off negative shite like you have being doing over the last week?

All is forgiving. The way I see it is if KK gets backing which we can take as a certainty, we'll do well. We won't win the league or it won't be the same as the last time, but it will be a damn sight better than we've been used to for a long while.

Btw I've already said some of my opinions the past week about the new owner and board were OTT and harsh. I was just so pissed off we were going to appoint HR I lost it. But don't we all lose it at some point? To be fair I was due one or two rants.

The news of Keegan's 2nd coming has galvanised the toon army once again and the man isn't even on Tyneside yet!

Brilliant PR move from Ashley and Mort I have to say, the game was looking like 30,000 now there are queues all the way around the ground.

There's only one Kevin Keegan!!!

Maybe he's not actually coming back at all... Just a brilliant marketing wind up as we've got 2 home games that don't look like selling many tickets...

I'm shocked to see so many in this forum supporting this move. I honestly expected this opposite.

To me, the return of Keegan reinforces the outside perception that this club is currently shackled by sentiment and delusion - that only those with an 'understanding' and 'feel' for the Geordie Nation need apply, as the despicable Alan Oliver often reminds us. Keegan had his time and failed. He rode the crest of wave then came crashing back down, unable to deal with the pressure. He was soon found wanting (tactically) at international level.

That's all fair enough, sure. But with Keegan combined with Ashley's money, I can't help but be excited.

I'm shocked to see so many in this forum supporting this move. I honestly expected this opposite.

Keegan failed?? what do you mean by that? If we have smae kind of achivement for the next 5 years i would be very happy.

So do you owe an apology to the board or are you going to spout off negative s**** like you have being doing over the last week?

All is forgiving. The way I see it is if KK gets backing which we can take as a certainty, we'll do well. We won't win the league or it won't be the same as the last time, but it will be a damn sight better than we've been used to for a long while.

Btw I've already said some of my opinions the past week about the new owner and board were OTT and harsh. I was just so pissed off we were going to appoint HR I lost it. But don't we all lose it at some point? To be fair I was due one or two rants.

We were both fully justified in our anti-Ashley rants, as we were led to believe Redknapp was first choice. Hopefully it was all a smokescreen.