How long have you supported NUFC?

Guest michaelfoster
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2002 :lol:. Didn't like football before then.

Really?

Yeah, it was big about my family; my brother, my dad, my Grandad, but I never really sat down and watched a match. I can remember the day in 2002 though, when I sat and watched a Newcastle match with them and thought "Wow. This is brilliant" and I ain't turned back since.

Which one?

Ironically Man U 5-3 Newcastle :lol:

Who wouldn't fall in love with that Shearer thunderbolt?

I used to go and watch Hartlepool with my dad (first game a Coca Cola cup tie with Stockport on the day after my 8th birthday), enjoyed it but football was never high on my agenda. Then my Grandad took me to the old Odeon on Pilgrim St to watch Newcastle vs Swindon, March 1994. Won 7-1. Hooked.

since i was 14, so this is my 3rd season as a newcastle fan. i never really was interested in football until 14 wierdly, i used to say i supported man united just because everyone else did, but wouldnt have been able to mention their starting 11!!! now ive seen 11 games from the last 2 seasons, and hoping to go to arsenal!

first game was the 2-0 victory over west ham last season

first home game was the 3-1 victory over spurs this season!

It's different seeing how many people have been brought up in different ways to love the toon.

Normally, most people just live in the area and have it drummed into them like me, but it's nice seeing other ways for once   blueyes.gif

Guest loves the toon

missed 1 home game in 31 seasons

been to at least 250 away games home and europe

delighted to have the messiah back

well done mike ashley, proud you had the balls to bring keegan back.

stood in a home crowd of 9,032 in 1980 to watch a league cup tie against bury.i think the average attendance was just over 13000 that season.

it was the worst team in the clubs history in 1980 and i do think under fat sam we were just as bad in most the games.

Not entirely sure how i became such a massive fan tbh. :undecided:  My dad's a Geordie through and through, but he's never bene one to harp on about the Toon. It's a strange one really.

I think the first match that i can remember is the Barcelona 3-2 game. But i only remember it being on and me dad watching it. I remember Shearer coming though, i think, unsure.

Anyway - 1997, rough estimation. So i'll have been 6.

Since 1992..the season we won the old 1st division...i was 11 then!! I'm Welsh tho and live in South Wales but the Toon is and will always be my love!!

Same here, I was 10 then. 16 years now and thats never going to stop growing!

Guest Joephix

Been supporting Newcastle as far back as I can remember, born '86 so it'l be early 90's when I started supporting them I assume.

Guest zerocipher

Started being able to watch the toon regulary just the last few years, but have loved them since the first match I saw, sometime in '96. Hard to see footy here in the US for a lot of years unless you lived in just the right places.

Italia '90. It reignited the passion in my dad and that's what did it for me. My dad's still a big football fan, but only a Newcastle fan in name. He doesn't invest any dreams in NUFC anymore, I think they broke his heart too many times.

Since when Shearer signed...He was my fav. player since his title season at Blackburn and his England success...didn't care much for any clubs until he signed for Newcastle. I fell in love with the club and it hasn't died or faltered since.

Born and raised in the states, used to catch the odd match on the backyard satellite that was HUGE.  The matches started coming on ESPN during the week nights so I was lucky enough to see quite a decent amount.  I've visited England and wasn't able to make it up to Newcastle, but I plan on it very soon - esp now since I have a great job and some $$$ for a trip and a match.

2000's. :-[ Basically I wasn't interested in football until around Euro 2000 time, watched Alan Shearer and asked my dad who he played for, he said Newcastle. The rest is history, around 2003 I started taking a real interest and haven't looked back since.

Guest Jungle Barry

Supported them since the late 80's, well I say supported. My mams family were all fans and bought me a shirt, wasn't mad keen on footy really til I got to secondary school and seeing as I had the shirt I thought I might as well support Newcastle. It was either that or pools, who at the time had just broken the league record for going nine matches without scoring a goal. Oh dear.

Anyway cut a long story short, went to loads of cup games from 12-16 or so but my 1st  league game was 10 years ago today, (check it out on nufc.com) NUFC 2 Bolton 1, Ketsbaia going mental  :frantic:

Season ticket when the extension was built and hardly missed a game since.

Phew

Born 88, went to first game pre season 95 I think or might of been 94 not sure. All I remember is I had a good time and NUFC has been huge part of my life ever since. Oh yea got some relatives that are mackems which always helps lol.