Milner

Yorkie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

When all our players return our best elven will be

Given

Beye    Faye    Taylor    Enrique

Milner  Butt,(Barton)  Duff

Zoggy

Owen                  Martins

I really think he will play this team dpending on injury. The only Q I have right now is Enrique and wheather he can step up on the plate we have to try that other wise we have to sign a left back before the window shuts. All other transfer talk are ultra fantasy.

Like others have suggested, I'd fancy giving Charlie a run as an AMC. Duff out left and Milner on the right.

Personally I like Milner. He lacks killer pace but he's not "Mick Quinn" slow, he's just not as fast as some. And although he lacks that bit of pace, he can beat a man with technique. He's genuinely 2 footed, and a confident finisher.

He reminds me a lot of Chris Waddle with his style of play. Even plays with his shirt untucked. :D

Like others have suggested, I'd fancy giving Charlie a run as an AMC. Duff out left and Milner on the right.

Personally I like Milner. He lacks killer pace but he's not "Mick Quinn" slow, he's just not as fast as some. And although he lacks that bit of pace, he can beat a man with technique. He's genuinely 2 footed, and a confident finisher.

He reminds me a lot of Chris Waddle with his style of play. Even plays with his shirt untucked. :D

I like Milner too (as I've mentioned here lots of times), and was gutted when FFS pulled the plug on his move to us at the last minute.

He's our best right winger by a mile. I think he'll flourish under Keegan.

But, because he's not an ex-big club player who's former boss we can pretend didn't want to sell him, or a foreign import we've convinced ourslees the big clubs would want, for some reason sections of the Newcastle fans don't rate him.

There are even those who reckoned Dyer was a better right winger, but they are c***s who don't know their arse from the holes they talk (s****) out of, so f*** them.

Couldn't agree more. What is he, 22/23? He still a young un and he's by far our most consitant and productive midfield player.

KK will make sure that players like him are well suited to his style. If i was the likes of Owen, Martins etc i'd be absolutely loving the fact that KK is coming to town. There chances of scoring goals will be doubled.

I believe that we desperatley need a centre mid playmaker. It shall be very interesting to see whether the Zog has what it takes. AM is his preferred position too i believe.

I'm not a big Milner guy, but funnily enough I imagine he will be one of the players to benefit a hell of a lot from working with Keegan. Since he came through he hasn't had any talented, skilful or attack minded coaches around him to tidy and sharpen up his game. It will be interesting to see how he develops from here.

I like James idea. However it will have to mean a very talented DM being brought in. One who can really pass the ball and who is very good at protecting against the counter attack, as Duff, Milner and Zogg will be encouraged to get forward.

Could be really exciting.

You might have a point. Milner as THE winger lacks pace. But put him in a midfield alongside Duff, Zog, and maybe one holding MF and you might see a different player emerge under Keegan.

DM DM

Milner Zog Duff

ST             

or

DM

Milner Zog Duff

ST      ST

IF the kid had pace he would be a top quality player. Still a great option in the squad, good with both feet.

good prospect and model professional, should definatly stay in the team for the moment, although in the future we should look to have an alternitive right winger who is more about direct pace as a pose to milners clever trickery.

He still a young un and he's by far our most consitant and productive midfield player.

Has he got an assist in the league since the opening day for Martins overhead kick?

If he is our most productive midfield player then that's probably why we're shite.

Bringing in another right winger,  would be a good thing to do in the window would ease the pressure on Milner playing all the time . . . would help bring the best out of him to play less games.

Whilst eventually I would like better options I would definately keep him as a squad player.

His lack of pace is his biggest downfall as a winger and I am just not sure whether he is good enough for CM his preferred position.