Keegan Blank Cheque - Only Limit Imagination

nufc4eva

Such an exciting time at the moment.  There is no way Keegan would have come back to this club if he didn't have money to spend, as its clear that the only way to compete for top 4 spot (or even 5th or 6th!) is to spend big and plug the areas of the pitch which we are weak in.  We have some wonderful players in Duff, N'Zogbia and Owen... now to build around these players with similar quality to bring back good football and wins!

:)

Guest Knightrider

We'll spend more money than we ever have and will probably break our transfer record a few times along the way. We'll spend in relation to what those we want to rival spend, Man Utd and Chelsea in particular. If KK wanted to say spend £50m on one player, he'll be backed. However I don't think we'll be doing that unless another Shearer comes around. KK has a reputation for spending big and going for the big name but very few of his signings were actually big big names, Ginola wasn't, Sir Les wasn't exactly a big name, well known but he was no Shearer. Nah, KK prefers to buy potential, he likes to build players up. We'll buy big names and class players but I don't think we'll get many finished articles.

Given

Beye    Van Buyten  Faye  Bridge

SWP  Mascherano Van Der Vaart Zoggy

Huntelaar Owen

For now

Look pretty good strating XI for tomorrow?

Given

Beye     Van Buyten  Faye   Bridge

Huntelaar Owen

For now

Look pretty good strating XI for tomorrow?

I wish

Given

Beye     Van Buyten  Faye   Bridge

Huntelaar Owen

For now   :iamatwat: :cheesy: blueyes.gif

van Buyten, Deco and a defensive midfielder and we're ok until the summer. Then we're gonna talk business.  :parky:

We'll spend more money than we ever have and will probably break our transfer record a few times along the way. We'll spend in relation to what those we want to rival spend, Man Utd and Chelsea in particular. If KK wanted to say spend £50m on one player, he'll be backed. However I don't think we'll be doing that unless another Shearer comes around. KK has a reputation for spending big and going for the big name but very few of his signings were actually big big names, Ginola wasn't, Sir Les wasn't exactly a big name, well known but he was no Shearer. Nah, KK prefers to buy potential, he likes to build players up. We'll buy big names and class players but I don't think we'll get many finished articles.

Ferdinand was scoring for fun before he joined us. We tracked him for ages.

Ginola not a big name? He was one of the main players in that PSG team of the mid 90's who could quite easily have won the European Cup.

Ginola not a big name? He was one of the main players in that PSG team of the mid 90's who could quite easily have won the European Cup.

Asprilla

Shearer

Ferdinand

Quite proven players..

Guest kingkevisback

"It's gonna take time, time, time and a whole lot of spending money, to get things right my friend" Now- who sung that ?

I would immediately buy our friend Art Deco and put him in our midfield. I would grab Antonio Cassano from Sampdoria, and then turn my attention to the defence- well, someone has to !!! John Terry is going stale at Chelsea- give him a new challenge and partner him with Joleon Lescott. Solid ?  

Robson is a very decent player and in the short term, IE now, he would be ideal to get in and give him a try in the centre alongside Zoggy or Biffa.. sorry Barton. Defo wortha punt and I would add Scott Brown to the Scottish buys too.  Would love to see Mascherano, Riquelme or Deco.

At the back surely Wes Brown and Bridge are realistic and both would improve us immediatley both squad depth wise and 1st team wise.

New keeper too maybe??

Some pundit on TalkSport earlier saying his first signing will be Barry Robson of Dundee Utd. 29 year old goalscoring midfielder apparently. Can't say I have ever heard of him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_Robson

Its also in the Journal.

Sounds like a £1m squad player.

Robson? Takes a good free-kick and corner, gets sent off quite a lot, good left foot but not really anywhere near premiership quality..

We MUST sign a playmaker. We are desperate for someone to run the show in midfield. Deco, Van der Vaart or Diego please.

No we mustn't, there are a few players that must be got before a playmaker

"It's gonna take time, time, time and a whole lot of spending money, to get things right my friend" Now- who sung that ?

I would immediately buy our friend Art Deco and put him in our midfield. I would grab Antonio Cassano from Sampdoria, and then turn my attention to the defence- well, someone has to !!! John Terry is going stale at Chelsea- give him a new challenge and partner him with Joleon Lescott. Solid ?  

George Harrison sang it, no I'm not a fan of his.