Keegan Blank Cheque - Only Limit Imagination

nufc4eva

A defensive midfielder, a ball playing centre back, and a younger, faster Viduka.

I'd put a need for creativity in midfield above those 3 positions, I'd say a centre back was the least of those priorities once the African players come back.

A defensive midfielder, a ball playing centre back, and a younger, faster Viduka.

I'd put a need for creativity in midfield above those 3 positions, I'd say a centre back was the least of those priorities once the African players come back.

I agree fully

No we mustn't, there are a few players that must be got before a playmaker

Such as?

Disagree with that completely. Defensive midfielder, maybe - but i think that's on par with attacking-mid.

A ball-playing centre-back? How the hell is that a great priority than a creative midfielder? I'm bemused at that one mate.

And there's nothing really wrong with Viduka's age, he's experienced. He's not particularly fast but that doesn't have to matter if we play proper football, we've already got plenty of pace in attack.

:idiot2:

I want us to play like Barcelona and Manchester United. We wont get the individual quality, but we could get a bunch of players with similar attributes.

We already have most of the players we need, but first we need to find a DM who can cover a lot of ground, but also distribute the ball extremely well to Milner, Zog, and Duff in front of him hence a lot more creativity than we have seen before.

Having a ball playing CB will relieve pressure on the DM, and help us play on the carpet, while we really could do with another decent striker.

If we aren't doing enough after that, replace Milner with a more creative player.

I want us to play like Barcelona and Manchester United. We wont get the individual quality, but we could get a bunch of players with similar attributes.

We already have most of the players we need, but first we need to find a DM who can cover a lot of ground, but also distribute the ball extremely well to Milner, Zog, and Duff in front of him hence a lot more creativity than we have seen before.

Having a ball playing CB will relieve pressure on the DM, and help us play on the carpet, while we really could do with another decent striker.

If we aren't doing enough after that, replace Milner with a more creative player.

With Butt or Geremi as our Ronaldo/Messi? :)

Duff N'Zogbia Owen and Milner

Guest LucaAltieri

blueyes.gif

Now we've got a manager who the board look prepared to back I think we should be going after the likes of Sebastian "The next Zola" Giovinco. Creative midfielder. Young. Just starting to get first team football at the highest level in Italy. Would normally be out of our range as it'd cost a bomb to wrestle him away from Juve. Might be tempted by the prospect of first team football in the Premiership. (Do a search on that video sharing website.)

Or a Pasquale Foggia who is a little older than Giovinco, on the fringes of the national team. Looks a great player for mid-table Italian sides. Again very creative and someone who is only going to get better over the next 5 years.

No we mustn't, there are a few players that must be got before a playmaker

Such as?

Our midfield defintitely needs addressing, i agree with you about the need of a DM, without a shadow of a doubt, a creative midfilder is useless without possession and i dont thin k our DM are good enough to provide adequate protection of our defense or good enough and mobile enough to regain possesion.

To be honest, my priority would actually be DM, RW then AM.

Dont think we need a striker yet, we have a very good blend and a lot of variety, we have plenty of ball playing defenders as well.

Duff N'Zogbia Owen and Milner

Owen's got nowt creative about him and Milner's creativity is always thrown into question, purely down to his lack of pace - as much of a cliche as that is it's true.

Can't believe how anyone would say that CM isn't priority. We got by with Sir Bobby because we had Robert and Bellamy, and Jenas/Dyer were pacy, but we haven't had a cutting edge in centre-mid for ages. Infact, i don't think i can remember us having an Arteta/Elano smack bang in the middle of the park. Our 'make-us-tick' player has always been a striker or a winger.

It has it's limitations.

Especially now, given that our CM is so poor. Say what you like about our centre-backs or strikers. We've got a lot of quality here and we're two CMs away from having a team pushing Liverpool/City imo, maybe one.

blueyes.gif

Now we've got a manager who the board look prepared to back I think we should be going after the likes of Sebastian "The next Zola" Giovinco. Creative midfielder. Young. Just starting to get first team football at the highest level in Italy. Would normally be out of our range as it'd cost a bomb to wrestle him away from Juve. Might be tempted by the prospect of first team football in the Premiership. (Do a search on that video sharing website.)

Or a Pasquale Foggia who is a little older than Giovinco, on the fringes of the national team. Looks a great player for mid-table Italian sides. Again very creative and someone who is only going to get better over the next 5 years.

FMtastic  :smitten:

blueyes.gif

Foggia is sick. On loan at Catania IIRC. Seen him play on Channel 5 a couple of times, head and shoulders above anyone on the pitch. Amazes me Lazio would loan him out.

Giovinco is also highly rated, Juve fans see him as the natural Del Piero replacement. No pressure there like!

Guest LucaAltieri

blueyes.gif

Foggia is sick. On loan at Catania IIRC. Seen him play on Channel 5 a couple of times, head and shoulders above anyone on the pitch. Amazes me Lazio would loan him out.

Giovinco is also highly rated, Juve fans see him as the natural Del Piero replacement. No pressure there like!

Giovinco is all my Italian mates go on about when we talk football. Having seen him a couple of times now I can see why. Still a bit green, similar to Ronaldo when he first came into the Premiership but you can tell he's going to be class. Seems to be dealing with the pressure of it all pretty well too.

We are desperate for pace aswell, Pace on the wings, midfield and up front. Few times today we could of hit them on the break but we just didnt have the pace.

Actually without Martins around our build ups could probably apply for OAP bus passes.