Zoggy best position

Dragon55544

Im just wondering what people think is Zoggy's best position? He's been played as LB,LW and CM this season.

Personally i'd love to see Zoggy given a good run in the side as CM/ACM, he has what it takes imo to be a top player in midfield and could cure a bit of our lack of creativity. If we could get someone like Albelda to partner him then he would florish. Also having played as LW and LB i think having Zoggy in midfield he would be able to cover then if need be.

I could see Duff, Zoggy and Enrique forming a pretty solid left side in our team.

I still think we need a creative midfielder but Zoggy should be considered as an option instead of being wasted as LB.

I was always never too impressed by him in the centre and thought that his best position was easily LW, however he is getting so much stronger on the ball now and generally much more physical. He can ride challenges and keep the ball at his feet nowaways very well.

The form he is on at the moment, he seems to be able to play wherever he is put, I'd still say left wing but now think that given time in the centre in front of a quality disciplined defensive midfielder (Faye maybe) he could shine.

His passing isn't good enough to be the attacking central midfielder of the pair (if 442). I'd keep him out wide where he's got a bit more space and freedom.

this!

Posted this in the Stoke post match thread.

BTW has anyone ever seen a side down to 10 men for so long play such good adventurous football. Sometimes 10 men hang on and grind a result but I thought last night was exceptional.

Much of this was down to Zogbia playing the role he prefers in CM. It's a long time since we've had anyone who justified the title "playmaker" but he certainly looks like one.   

Wherever he ends up I think he is one that will really flourish now. Milner too. If he sorts his attitude out then Emre might look a lot better playing under Keegan, although he's just made the start difficult as he won't be used in the first three fixtures at least.

I actually think quite a few of the current crop could be 'Keegan-type' players. I won't be too disappointed if we don't do much this window and he spends the rest of the season working out what he wants to do in the summer. Think we have the squad to be comfortably in the top half under the right manager.

I think his best position is in the centre, i like his direct running, he draws out defenders  which gives forwards more space, he is very good on the left but with the strikers at our club i dont think his talent would be best used on the wing.

How can anyone say his best position is in the center? He has performed most consistently playing on the left wing, he's looked good going forward from left back which isn't surprising and has looked vulnerable defending, playing in the center, he has barely even played in the center for us, so how is that his best position? Based on what?

Not sure he has the range of passing to be a top class central midfielder. His brand of pace and trickery works best out wide imo. He's never really played well in the centre for us over a period of time, looks like he'll get his chance now though, I hope he does take it.

He naturally likes to move into the centre when hes on the wing anyways, i just think he could be more effective inthe centre with the type of strikers we have.

Hes not been brilliant in hte centre in the past but i think hes matured alot recently. Wasnt he moved into the centre when GR took over after souness?

Stick an extra competent DM behind him and i think he could be excellent with a bit of coaching.

EDIT: Dont get me wrong i think he's very very good on the left, but it hink his skill could be utilised more in the centre where he would be more effective in the cnetre.

Not sure he has the range of passing to be a top class central midfielder. His brand of pace and trickery works best out wide imo. He's never really played well in the centre for us over a period of time, looks like he'll get his chance now though, I hope he does take it.

It could certainly save us some finance if he were to be as effective at CM as he is at LW. Certainly worth a look but i still think he'll profit more in the long term on the wing, that's just my opinion though. Nonetheless, Milner/Zog/Duff playing well week-in, week-out, all in the midfield is a nice prospect. Not forgetting the pacy wing-backs and forwards, each and everyone playing to the potential Keegan can create. :D

*climax*